Wrestling Forum banner

Do you prefer Cm punk as a heel or as a babyface?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,342 Posts
I like Punk how he is, hes more cheeky, cocky and arrogant but hes still got some of his heel traits, I am sure he'll turn heel again some time but for now its just one of those face moments for him, and we should enjoy while it lasts, but then agian punk has the same problem Jericho does, if they are heel they are gonna get cheered anyway, and will have to resort to cheap heat to get boos :p

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Unless he tweaks his current character he's not going to remain a top babyface for the long term. He comes across as too arrogant right now and he's basically spent the past 3 months whining every time he pics up a mic.

He'll basically be the new Edge. Fans respect him so every now and then they'll give him a quick babyface run so people can cheer him for a while but ultimately he'll always go back to heel because that's his natural character.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think Punk as a tweener (the shoot promo and the whole build up towards MITB, and partially Summerslam) was my favorite Punk. The honest Punk- the guy that could insult fan favorites like Cena and The Rock and still get a positive reaction.

I feel like they are slowly dumbing down Punk's character. It was gross to see him interact with Cena in a 'buddy' way, much like every other main eventer. I like Cena and all, but Punk's character should hate everything Cena stands for, not beat up Ricardo Rodriguez with him in a goofy manner. I seriously hope they let him get that edge he had after MITB bank, and no, I'm not talking about repetitive 'shoot promos'. I meant having him being an honest character, and actually letting him LIKE some heel characters. It's just annoying to see groups of heels coming together, along with groups of faces. All people should be allowed to hate each other, and some heels should be allowed to like faces and vice versa. Characters should be given a bit more depth. Instead, BAM, as soon as someone turns face, five years of history turn into "hey let's be best friends and tag together against the evil heels grrr". Blech

·
Registered
692 Posts
Tweener Punk. The one that did the shoot.

Not the one teaming up with John Cena and posing with him at the end.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think Punk as a tweener (the shoot promo and the whole build up towards MITB, and partially Summerslam) was my favorite Punk. The honest Punk- the guy that could insult fan favorites like Cena and The Rock and still get a positive reaction.

I feel like they are slowly dumbing down Punk's character. It was gross to see him interact with Cena in a 'buddy' way, much like every other main eventer. I like Cena and all, but Punk's character should hate everything Cena stands for, not beat up Ricardo Rodriguez with him in a goofy manner. I seriously hope they let him get that edge he had after MITB bank, and no, I'm not talking about repetitive 'shoot promos'. I meant having him being an honest character, and actually letting him LIKE some heel characters. It's just annoying to see groups of heels coming together, along with groups of faces. All people should be allowed to hate each other, and some heels should be allowed to like faces and vice versa. Characters should be given a bit more depth. Instead, BAM, as soon as someone turns face, five years of history turn into "hey let's be best friends and tag together against the evil heels grrr". Blech
this

·
Registered
279 Posts
Heel. Always, as much as I loved the shoot and the promos with John Cena. His work with Nash and Triple H has been lack luster. I much prefered the whole Straight Edge Society deal than what he is up too now. His fued with Cena dropped too fast because of the fact it was becoming a cheer vs boo in the way the WWE didn't want it. But it had the potential to be the next Stone Cold v. The Rock, if they had followed through with a Cena turn or something.

Oh well, Punk will turn. It's his natural character, but I doubt he'll loose the cheers he gained, he's a smart mark and adults favourite. Not a kids favourite, and kids are the ones who follow the turns.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts