Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I really don't like about WWEs current stage set is they use it for everything now. All the shows are exactly the same and now even the love are merely slightly tweaked versions of it.

I always loved how ppvs would have unique stage designs and what not, simply because it was something different from the norm. I always love what they come up with for Mania, and of course I'm not saying they have to be that elaborate, but I wish they would do more creative things all year round.

But I guess it's cheaper to do the similar sets so, I guess this is what were stuck with.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm with you on this, i miss them. The one i miss the most is the swinging claw like things they used to have at Backlash. Every PPV felt like something different and important, but with them having PPV's every three weeks it would cost them a lot to get a new set for every one.

It all goes back to the issue that they should have fewer PPV's and more build to them rather than chucking a feud together with two weeks of build, or even worse announcing half the card on the night.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Wtf are you guys talking about?

Did you not see the Capitol Punishment set? Or Summerslam one? How about Over The Limit and of course last night at HIAC.

My only problem with it is that they've been re-using the same sets for HIAC, OTL etc. Or at least it seems so.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Wtf are you guys talking about?

Did you not see the Capitol Punishment set? Or Summerslam one? How about Over The Limit and of course last night at HIAC.

My only problem with it is that they've been re-using the same sets for HIAC, OTL etc. Or at least it seems so.
Capitol Punishment was pretty good i'll agree, last night was ok but Summerslam was basically the same old set wasn't it?

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Capitol Punishment was pretty good i'll agree, last night was ok but Summerslam was basically the same old set wasn't it?
That's what I'm saying they reuse a lot of sets for some odd reason.

I swear to go the NOC ring apron had the Women's title on it and the old tag titles as well!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
HD sets suck IMO it just makes everything more fake than they are. I love this year Wrestlemania set though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I love the stages, one of the things I used to look forward to the most of what the stage was going to look like! Now though, for the past 3 years, all PPV's but WrestleMania have had the same stage as the last year. Each PPV has it's own unique set, but the next year it'll be the same. Which is okay, because they're HD sets and are very expensive. I'm just glad WM is different every year still! Makes WM seem special!

But yeah, I miss 'em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts