Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been buying mostly Shea Moisture products for years, but I ordered some raw shea butter and mixed it up with some coconut oil and some jojoba oil yesterday. I'm not proud, I'll use Blue Magic on my hair in a pinch, but I used my new mix last night and it was soft as can be, I even ended up using it instead of my moisturizer, too. My mom called me a curandera, she said, "You're brewing now." :grin2:

My mom has Primary Progressive Aphasia, it's a form of early dementia, so she has a hard time getting her words out and when she does it's often very random. That caught me off guard and made me laugh out loud. My bro and SIL were there and last year I had mixed him up some eucalyptus and sweet almond oil because he wanted some Vicks when he had a cold, so they found it hilarious too (once my bro explained to her what a cuarandera is, she's all white and doesn't know any Spanish words at all.)

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it cheaper making your own?
The ingredients cost more because you have to buy a large amount, but I mixed up 16 oz. using a third of each main ingredient, so it's cheaper in the long run. One jar of Cantu hair butter costs the same as the raw shea butter, the coconut oil is less because you can just buy food grade, and the jojoba oil is a bit less and you only need a bit of it. I'm going to try it next time with some avocado oil and see which I like better.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My friend makes her own lotions. It's too girly of a hobby for me.
I'm always worried about getting it right when I'm mixing up something like that, I had to melt the shea butter and coconut oil first and then let them cool before I whipped them up with the mixer, but I was really surprised at how easy and simple it all was.

I thought about putting some essential oil into it as well, maybe next time, I've got a bunch of lavender oil because I put it on Joubert's collar, it's good to keep fleas away.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,817 Posts
I'm always worried about getting it right when I'm mixing up something like that, I had to melt the shea butter and coconut oil first and then let them cool before I whipped them up with the mixer, but I was really surprised at how easy and simple it all was.

I thought about putting some essential oil into it as well, maybe next time, I've got a bunch of lavender oil because I put it on Joubert's collar, it's good to keep fleas away.
From what she had shared on facebook, it just took her a few tries to get it right, and she made a shitload of it.

Also, my girly hobby comment is just for me because I like guy stuff, not really in to much girly stuff, is all, lol, didn't mean for it to come across like every male who does it has a pussy or anything.

:nikki

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
5,844 Posts
"Do you make your own hair..."

Why yes I do... It grows automatically and... *clicks topic*

"...or skin products?"

...oh. Then no.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what she had shared on facebook, it just took her a few tries to get it right, and she made a shitload of it.

Also, my girly hobby comment is just for me because I like guy stuff, not really in to much girly stuff, is all, lol, didn't mean for it to come across like every male who does it has a pussy or anything.

:nikki
LOL, no worries bro, I do have a pussy, I'm a woman, I don't have to worry if something is too girly.:wink2:

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,817 Posts
I am not a bro, also was absolutely unaware you also had a pussy, just thought you were a man very comfortable in your skin :lmao

Reactions: Asmodeus

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Women tend to wear my cum on their skin.

Wouldn't sell it though. Well, I guess everything has a price.

I've read it's a good moisturizer, hard to say, since I've been in my thirties I've stuck to getting lady come on my skin, tastes better when you lick it off, too. >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts