Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

· Registered
3,614 Posts
It's not something that I'm going to bring up right away but if someone wants to know or talk about it I'll tell them I like wrestling, I'm not really ashamed of it. I mean it's not like I'm obsessed with Justin Bieber, it's just wrestling.

· Registered
151 Posts
Not really, lots of my friends still watch it, and we are college students, some people criticize me, but I don't really care, the reason for watching is pretty simple, it's entertaining. Even in an stupid way sometimes, it's still entertaining.

· The Sundance Kid
48,275 Posts
I walk around town wearing CM Punk's casts with the X marks on the hands, a straight edge jacket and t-shirt, and a World Heavyweight Championship replica belt. You think I give a fuck?

You may have noticed I made no mention of bottoms. This was intentional.

· Post McMahon Era
1,958 Posts
When I was in elementary & High School, I use to talk to my friends about wrestling cause it was awesome back in the late '90s/early 00s, but now I'm in college, I don't talk about it anymore. Everyone use to talk about it when I was in High School, but now not so much.

· Registered
3,455 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, I don't let other people use my laptop either because I have a fair bit of wrestling shit on here. Most people won't even listen to a logical argument as to why you watch it so it isn't worth the effort

· Registered
2,263 Posts
when I was younger in the 90s my whole family knew I watched wrestling and they didn't care too much as long as I didn't do the stuff to other kids lol :D

Nowadays I still have a group of friends who follow wrestling, but not as passionately as they did 10 years ago. When my college roommate caught me watching wrestling clips on youtube he just said "oh I used to watch wrestling" and I had no shame saying I still watch it

One of my college professors one lecture actually started burying wrestling and it was pretty uncomfortable for me :D

· Registered
561 Posts
I dont go around in casual convo asking people if they caught the RR last night lol (that would be funny though) but I usually share video segments of funny promos/catch phrases and crazy matches and stunts with my friends and they always enjoy it, and will watch it with me if it's on TV.

I sometimes get teased for it but I don't really care what my friend who invests his life in the Home sports team and yells at the TV thinks about a program I like.

Also I don't understand how a show like Teen Mom is more mature lol So talking about and watching an immature act is all of a sudden mature?

Ive liked it since I was a little kid and Ive made a lot of friends through it back when it hit its boom period.

When people say its fake I always throw in the movie contradict yourself statement but I always make them feel dumb by making comments like "Ya, doing a front flip in the air and landing it perfectly every time in front of thousands of people isn't athletic. Or being 6'5 200+ jumping over the top rope etc.

I also don't see how wearing a WWE shirt on occasion casually is lame but wearing a Tapout or mma shirt everyday with a bleached mohawk is supposed to "be cool."

The BOTTOM LINE is that if women didn't think wrestling was lame there would be a hell of a lot more fans out there

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,145 Posts
I have faith in my ability to explain why I enjoy it to any friends who question me on it. Some friends have been surprised to find out I watch it, but nobody has ever indicated that they think of less of me for doing so.

Clients are completely different. I would never want them to know that I watch wrestling.

· Registered
605 Posts
Its funny when I was little I used to make my mom and grandma watch it with me, just because it drove them crazy lol. I wouldn't say I lead a double life of it nowadays but I keep it quiet and watch it alone on my own time.

· Premium Member
5,017 Posts
At first I'm hesitant to tell people, but once I'm comfortable with that person I'm not afraid to admit it. It's a part of who I am, if you want to be cynical about things, I could say there's no point in life altogether seeing as I believe there's nothing after it so if I want to watch "pointless" wrestling in my "pointless" life then let me do it. But before I get branded an "Emo" which I'm not, i'll shut up.

· Registered
611 Posts
All my friends and family mates know that I watch Wrestling, also the friends and family members who don't watch it.
We are only 3 people actually watching it and if we are hanging out together we talk alot about it. We also watch the PPV's together. Sometimes my wife watches with us but she is not a fan.

My work in the office is a different story, there is no need to talk about it.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.