Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
all my friends still watch wrestling and they are older than me(im 22). so i dont really have to "hide" anything and wouldnt really care what other ppl thought.

· Banned
499 Posts
1 of my friend also watches wrestling. But he doesn't watch it every week like I do. I watch wrestling every week, and clash time on euro-sport + vintage collection.:)

· Registered
4,724 Posts
If someone tells you wrestlings fake, ask them WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

- actors are fake
- fight scenes are fake
- breast implants are fake

So most people are hypocrites am I right?
Actually, don't this because it's really mean and I do it and hate that I do it.

When I see a fight scene in a movie or TV show with people and they say "that was an awesome scene". I usually reply back "yeah, you realize that it probably took literally 28 takes for that one scene. It's not like they are in front of me fighting so I'm not impressed. I'm impressed with Ring of Honor but not people that can do 2 seconds of fighting, then stop, then either redo it or throw one fake punch".

· No Cena is good Cena
2,452 Posts
exactly, i mean if you tried to convince someone that wrestling is actually good entertainment, then they sit down with you to watch it and the first thing they see is vickie guerrero going "excuse me" or the bella twins doing something, or santino or something, i mean just imagine it
Hahaha! That exact thing happened to me this past Friday night. I was high off Del Rio's Rumble victory all week and was talking it up to a girl I'm seeing. I asked her if she minded if I "checked in" to Smackdown and as soon as I turned it on Vickie was screaming "EXCUSE ME!" *shudder* My girlfriend just looked at me as if to say "what the hell is wrong with you, man?"

The WWE is my secret shame along with 80's hair metal and The Golden Girls.

4,426 Posts
I don't feel the need to bring it up to everyone I see, but all of my friends and family know i'm a wrestling fan and the majority of them like it, or had liked it. Honestly, if anyone told me "wrestling? you DO realise that's fake?" I would just call them a hypocrite because a huge amount of TV is fake.

I also find it funny that the majority of the people who do bring up the fact that Wrestling is scripted, that they seem to love soap opera's or drama's.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
I'm 37, been watching for over 30 years. Only my closest friends and family know I watch wrestling. I don't go out of my way to advertise it, but if people ask I tell them.

The kicker is all of my friends don't watch anymore. I get the most grief from them because I still watch. Some stopped after the Attitude Era, some before then, etc. They talk about how wrestling used to be and how dare I still watch the product when they think it's unwatchable now.

· Registered
372 Posts
Wrestling is embarrassing to watch now because the WWE has been going down this PG road I guess you could call it, for YEARS now, the last time it was "cool" to watch wrestling was in 2003. Nobody wants to freaking tell people they watch something with a midget "lepricon" in it and everytime someone cuts a promo, they say "butt" it's cringworthy and now I'm off on a rant..well I hate Vince, HATE HIS FACE for what he did to the WWE in the last seven years..I SPIT on him..

· StarStruck
2,098 Posts
I Don't feel the need to hide i'm a wrestling fan, I don't feel ashamed over it, I'm proud, I love wrestling, I love what those guys and gals do for my entertainment.

My parents know I am, They are used to it, I've been a fan for coming up 8 years and its not like I'm gonna suddenly stop tomorrow, my close family know, my cuz is a wrestling fan actually, he went to a few wwf shows in the early 90ies, has all the old action figures and a hulk money box.

I have had the "Its fake" comments but i fire back, "Uh, no, its scripted, the outcome, but what those guys to their bodies, breaking bones, tearing muscles, isn't fake" and that sometimes shuts them up.

My college friends know i do aswell, Infact its something i get ribbed on practically everyday but i laugh it off, A common phrase i get is "Better not annoy her, She'll go all Jeff Hardy on ya", I sorta told them Jeff was my fave wrestler when they asked, They commonly refer to me liking WWE, when Its TNA that i watch mostly.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
You don't really tell ppl you watch wrestling, you can just say you've seen it or something. But as long as you don't act like wrestling is one of your fave shows,ppl wont care, care even less if u watch many other shows so wrestling just seems like a show you watch cause its just another show on tv like all the other shows you watch

· Banned
504 Posts
I have 4-6 friends that I'm close enough with that I don't have to hide. At the same time though, I don't try to make them watch it or talk about it. And anyone else, I just neglect to mention that I watch wrestling. It almost never comes up in conversation anyway.

· Registered
811 Posts
i know exactly how you feel i think its even worse for people who live in the uk like me because its no were near as big over here. i have few friends who do watch it and recently found out someone who i would never of expected to watch it actually does. but at the end of the day a lot of people say why watch wrestling its "fake", yer it is but how is it more fake than watching a sombie movie or watching a soap on tv? i watch it because its intresting and actually feel passionate about it.

· Registered
258 Posts
As someone who is in and around the age of 30, I find it as a unspoken rule, as where all my friends watch it, but in group, we don't seem to talk about it or comment about it.

· Registered
39 Posts
nah. I'm not afraid to tell anybody I like wrestling because I usually liken wrestling to comic books and people seem to really dig those since all the comic book movies started coming out.

· Registered
724 Posts
I don't advertise it, but that doesn't mean I live a double life, either. I just go about daily life like everyone else, and when RAW comes on I watch it unless i think there is something better on, (MNF, a good hockey or baseball game, March Madness, etc).

Monday night TV generally sucks, IMO, so RAW is an easy choice as something decent usually happens. Also, I have 3 7-8 year old nephews who love the hell out of WWE, so if we aren't talking/playing sports we can talk about wrestling. And, yes, it's still real to them damnit.

· Registered
3,828 Posts
I really don't give a damn who knows that I'm a wrestling fan. All my friends know that I am and that I have a decent sized collection going on at home. On occasion I wear the shirts and it doesn't bother me at all. I always feel that it is no different than wearing a band shirt or a sports jersey. You are representing something that you are a fan of. While I do hear that "it's fake" line all the time, I don't let it get to me. I'll say something along the lines "95% of shows on television are scripted, so it's nothing different". I've actually gotten one of my friends back into wrestling because of me. It's really nothing worth hiding in my opinion.

Personally I always feel that it is something some people like and others don't. Just like anything else in this world. To me that ask me what some of my interests are it usually goes something like this: "80s Metal, American Muscle Cars and Pro Wrestling". You would be surprised when admitting that your a fan, that others will start to admit it. Or will go on a discussion about the 90s.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.