Votes: 59 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about making this thread, but decided not too. Then I read a comment by Speedstick in another thread where he said something along the lines of "The participants in the BFG series will kill TNA's good run" and I kind of agree with him, but hope it's not the case.

Anyway, I think the BFG series is a bad idea. You're putting 12 guys in a tournament where only one guy can win, so you kill a lot of momentum some guys have needlessly. Why have guys like AJ Styles losing fifty percent of his matches ("This past weekend, AJ Styles loses to Gunner/Crimson at house show") just so James Storm can win a tournament and go on to face Roode at BFG?

Also the participants. I have a feeling Dinero will come back on tv for this and Hernandez will be in it as well. Personally, I worry anytime I see Dinero on tv as his feuds in TNA have been some of the worst and I think he'll try extra hard next time he's on tv and the harder he tries, the worse things will get. The guys who haven't been on TNA in a while, I don't want to see again is kind of the feeling I have. Hernandez will probably be in the BFG series as well and do you think him vs Styles, Daniels, RVD, etc is going to make the show better? He shouldn't be anywhere near top level talent. Another guy is Matt Morgan. I don't want to see any of these guys back on tv, cause you couple them with Garrett, Dvon, Rob Terry, Crimson, etc and where does that leave us?

Instead of 12 guys beating each other on Impact and recording the house show wins/losses, I would rather just see feuds happen.

What are you thoughts on BFG series and are you for it or against it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I like the BFG Series because it does allow for a build up towards their biggest event of the year. It also makes house shows more valuable since BFG series matches can take place at any event. The participants are given the opportunity to be on top of the wrestling world. The only problem I have is that the series is open to all of TNA's top guys. I would rather see the BFG Series set up in a way that promotes wrestler who have never won the TNA World Title. This way it is completely fresh and anyone can be the odds on favourite. As it is this year, we kind of already know who's going to win the series and go on to wrestle Roode *cough cough Storm cough*

·
Registered
959 Posts
BFG is a great idea and something different. Its thrown up some great matches and in a time where certain marks accuse TNA of copying another company, they do something which isn't yet still certain marks still critisice them.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
its a good concept but when you know who is going to win from the beginning like this year, its fairly obvious that james storm is going to win it to face bobby rhoode at bound for glory.., it's going to be boring following it since i know who will end up winning in the end, its going to be a long 3 months to do that

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It should be organized much better than last year. Some guys had 10 matches while others had 6. It was sloppy. Concept is fine since its a long build to their biggest show. I think the top 4 should end up in a single elimination tournament at the pay per view prior to BFG kind of like last year but I think last year was some weird tie breaker thing.

Finals should be Storm vs. Aries

Worst thing about this year is the winner is extremely obvious.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
its a good concept but when you know who is going to win from the beginning like this year, its fairly obvious that james storm is going to win it to face bobby rhoode at bound for glory.., it's going to be boring following it since i know who will end up winning in the end, its going to be a long 3 months to do that
It would be interesting if there was a little twist and Aries would actually be the one winning the Bound For Glory Series over Storm. TNA must be well aware that we all expect Storm to main-event Bound For Glory against Roode.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
BFG series works with kayfabe, last year they used house shows to hide the number of matches the tournament had.

Too bad it's 2012 and dirtsheets are all over TNA so prichard/lagana should do something about that.

I like it because it was the concept that started roode vs storm feud (yes, this feud is going to be over one year long)

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
Yes I love the idea. It could use some tweaking, but its a nice "Playoff" system for TNA to have leading into their big PPV, much like the Royal Rumble & Elimination Chamber do for Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's like when John Cena won the EC match last year to become #1 contender.
Everybody knew that was going to happen, and that was only one PPV. This is going to last for months.
Despite that I still like the BFG series.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Most of the old school wrestlemania main events where like this, predictable doesn't mean boring.
It's like these guys were destined to face each other in the biggest stage of the company... that's what pro wrestling can offer that UFC can't.

And meanwhile TNA can focus on other things like rebuilding the x/tag division.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
If they do it right this time, with equal amount of matches, and build it like a real sports event, then it could be good. Just have the most boring matches on house shows, and annonce the results on impact. But have the matches. Have Storm in the final vs Aries would be money.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
I think the idea of BFG series is really good building up.My problem is i hate how its different points for different types of wins.It should be simple and we should be able to keep track ourselves. House shows we dont even know of making up points. Should be 1 point regardless how you win. You know also i think its smart to do this BFG many month buil up series on Impact. The other thing that could be a huge huge selling point for a ppv is.Having a entire ppv tournament where every match is a singles match.Where the person that wins every match by the end of the ppv gets a BFG main event world title.Kinda like how the old serviver siries used to be.Or King of the ring. Victory road would be perfect for that ppv.The name Victory road sounds like Someone that has the victory is on the road to BFG. So perfect

·
Registered
9,832 Posts
Not really, I'd prefer a 3 month long tournament with, qualifying matches happening for the first month on Impact and house shows, then the tournament occurring on the last two PPV's and on Impact leading into BFG.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The series has plenty of potential but I suspect TNA will botch it yet again with uneven scheduling and a convoluted scoring system.

Simplify the points distribution, release an even draw in advance outlining the entire BFG Series like a professional sport releases their draw at the start of the season and then I'll most definitely be hooked.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts