Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I can't say I like it, but it definitely has its uses. Sitting down at a restaurant just doesn't feel right without a glass of whiskey. I usually keep a glass during my sets as well. Nothing better than eating nachos after a beer either.

With all that being said, I couldn't really see myself drinking if it wasn't to make food better or to ease the pain of screaming for an hour straight

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
I had a wild love affair with booze for many years. That's why I don't drink anymore. I have an allergy to alcohol, I break out in handcuffs.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'm addicted to pints as well as spirit mixers when on a night out. Probably not a good thing but oh well.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Yes I do. I don't care if you don't want to drink, but don't talk down to us that do.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I like alcohol, but alcohol doesn't always like me.

In seriousness, I used to routinely get smashed on a Friday night and my social life revolved around drinking. 18 is legal drinking age here, so from then to my mid 20s that was life. Then, seemingly as soon as I hit 25, my tolerance for alcohol just dropped completely. Not that I would get drunk easier, but I'd have literally two cans and start feeling like I was gonna vomit. Still clear-headed but my gut was just wreaking havoc on me. Then when I did have a big night out, instead of just feeling shit the next morning, I'd be feeling sickly and hungover all weekend, and even onto the Monday in some cases.

So I like drinking, but the effect it's having on my body as I've gotten older makes it much less worth it.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,645 Posts
I stopped drinking at 24 years of age in 2014 which is quite young for some people, I never understood the aggression people feel when they seem okay while still sober then suddenly snap or become prone to it at least, That happens nearly every time I used to drink with them as I'd be the only one rather tame despite downing a full 12 box of bourbon or more since I can handle a fair bit until I'm throwing up.

So right now I don't drink at all mainly because I feel it's a waste of time unless it's a special occasion or something.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts