Wrestling Forum banner

Do you HONESTLY believe that...(Spoliers)

3684 Views 48 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  Big Dog
Jerry Lawler will beat The Miz and become WWE Champion?
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Banned
8,172 Posts
Not really.

Even if Jerry Lawler were to win the title @ Elimination Chamber, he would drop it back to The Miz the following night on Raw. It's all but official that the plan is for The Miz to walk into WrestleMania XXVII as the WWE Champion.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Cole/Lawler at Wrestlemania makes sense, but I'd rather they go another route. Furthermore, Lawler/Cole does nothing to get anyone who would actually be wrestling for WWE in the future more over. DiBiase's a joke these days, they might as well feed him to Lawler if he's going to keep this stupid character for the next couple of months. Have DiBiase save Miz after Lawler's knocked Riley out, which could probably be done by throwing a bluejay feather at him, at the last second. Bring DiBiase's dad into the mix. Ted, Sr. talks about how he was a man driven by nothing but greed in the old days but now he's a man of God, and he's disappointed in his son. DiBiase vs. Lawler at Wrestlemania, Lawler beats DiBiase, who realizes just how far he's fallen, and ditches his Fortunate Son persona for something that could actually work for him.

Anyway, I'll be at Elimination Chamber and when I bought the tickets, if you had told me Lawler would be wrestling Miz in the WWE Championship match, I probably would have... believed you because it had happened a few weeks earlier at that time, and moreover, I always knew deep down in my heart that they'd never have Miz in the Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship.

· KO
6,195 Posts
This IS a travesty, just like Cole said. Why the fuck would you push Lawler to multiple WWE championship matches in 2010-2011? I'm guessing it will be Cena vs Miz @ WM, and Morrison will be in MitB, but they still should've given a shot to someone who actually benefits from it. Or who the Miz benefits from beating...

· FOTC
12,779 Posts
You know... I think Lawler will beat Miz for the title and drop it back to him the next night. Miz will get help from Michael Cole which will led to a Cole-Lawler match at WM 27.

Say what you want, but a Cole-Lawler match will be anticipated by the fans.

I don't see it as a disgrace if King beat the Miz for the title. Vince McMahon won the title with the help of Stone Cold. I don't see what's so bad with King winning the title with the help of someone like Cena.

· Banned
466 Posts
Cole should say little bits at a time, or else you get last night where he argues with Josh and its painful to listen to.

His schtick can be amusing but only in small doses.

· Registered
84 Posts
king quite blatantly wont win. it's just an easy way for them to keep the belt on miz. obviously he's not gonna defend it in a chamber and WIN, that would be insulting to everyone's intellience.

· Registered
20,756 Posts
There is a -2% chance with a 2% margin of error that Jerry Lawler will walk into Wrestlemania as a World Champion.

· Registered
2,670 Posts
Michael Cole will cost him the title again, Cole vs Lawler at Mania. If Lawler wins JR joins the Raw announce team.

· Asuka
^Take this off
123,116 Posts
There is a -2% chance with a 2% margin of error that Jerry Lawler will walk into Wrestlemania as a World Champion.
True, but everybody who thinks Lawler will win is in full agreement that he'll drop it the next night, so that's not really relevant to anything.

Nevertheless, no. He won't win, and even though I'm disappointed that CM Punk isn't getting the title program at WrestleMania (If he doesn't win the WWE Championship soon, I'll snap), the fact that Miz is is fantastic. I can't wait to see the backlash, it's going to be glorious. :lmao

· Premium Member
13,447 Posts
Del Rio won the Rumble, so why not? :side:

Nah just kidding. There's about as much chance of Jerry Lawler winning the WWE Title as there is Great Khali becoming a submissions wrestler.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
I don't think anyone should be believing Lawler will win...because he won't. As others have said, it's more than likely build to a Cole/Lawler thing at WM27. Miz will retain, probably with the help of Cole...even though he should really win this one clean.

· My man
6,562 Posts
Way to bury an up and coming wrestler. Have him narrowly beat an old timer who never had a championship when he was young enough and then throw him in an elimination chamber match with the same old geezer. I mean unless something happens to Jerry before hand, it's going to be the worse match ever.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.