• No

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people think that wrestling fans are nerds and losers who have no life just because we're fans of something that isn't considered as socially acceptable as other things, but I don't think that's the case. I want to know if you would consider your self as having a life and how do you personally define what a good one is? Is it being involved in a activity with other people, if so people who do things that aren't considered cool like play Dungeons and Dragons could say they have a life since they play the game with other friends. Or is doing something that is considered cool (like going to a bar or club) the best definition of a social life.

If you say that yes you do have a good social life what are the usual things you do in it? If not do you care that you don't or are you content with how you spend your time. How does being a member of a internet forum affect your life if it does at all.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I don't know what to say to that question , if I want to I do , if I don't want to I don't lol

I've gotten a social life going whilst being a member of WF , but also abandonned it because the people I was hanging with sucked , and am currently not involved in a "social" life consisting of non-related people and dating and clubs/bars or any of that shit for the time being , because I don't feel like it?

Why is it considered superior to spend time with random unrelated people , even though all you're really doing with them is the same or more boring shit but in a group?

Should I vote Yes because I have had a "social life" despite being a wrestling fan who posts on a forum? Should I vote no simply because I've left that behind for the time being? Idk lol

I need to find a new crowd of people who aren't shitty in real life.

So basically my answer is no , but no by choice and was formerly yes. (shrug)

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
My socail life could be better, i haven't really gone out that much recently because of school and stuff, but it could be a boatload worse. i hang out with people when i can, which is mostly when i have a break from my classes or college in general and nothing else to do.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i don't really see why anyone would admit to not having a social life, but anyway.

yes, i have one. i'm not a fucking social butterfly or anything, i have your cliche "writer" anti-social style, that sometimes i just drop off the grid for a week or so because i'm hard at work and don't want to do anything else, but yes, i have friends, had a girlfriend until recently, and my best friend and i are planning to move out to california in January 2011, so i guess i'll have to start a new social life then.

·
Hypocritic germ incubator
226 Posts
yes i have a social life. No, my posting on a forum has no effect on my life aside from taking time away from studying.
Same. I wish I could say the same for RPG's... at least I don't play them anymore. :p I haven't had as much of a social life as last year due to being in a new grade which is much harder than last year. The only times I went out with my friends in the last 3 weeks was to do 2 separate projects.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I'm kinda introverted so more often than not I end up ditching my buddies(who are very outgoing) and do some shit alone.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
i don't really see why anyone would admit to not having a social life, but anyway.
I will. I've got absolutely no life at the moment with exams coming up. I've put myself under house arrest so I'll have to study at some stage.

With that said, outside of what's happening now, yeah, I have a life. I'll likely go out Thursday night anyway to celebrate the end of high school (last actual day of school, even if exams don't start until the 28th), then after exams I have schoolies and the beach for three months (along with getting a new actual job :\). I'm looking forward to it, because studying fucking sucks.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
I will. I've got absolutely no life at the moment with exams coming up. I've put myself under house arrest so I'll have to study at some stage.

With that said, outside of what's happening now, yeah, I have a life. I'll likely go out Thursday night anyway to celebrate the end of high school (last actual day of school, even if exams don't start until the 28th), then after exams I have schoolies and the beach for three months (along with getting a new actual job :\). I'm looking forward to it, because studying fucking sucks.
This.

Fuck life right now. I hate being inside all the time. As soon as exams are over, I'm planning the beach most days of the week.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd like to think that I've cultivate what most people would call a life in the year I've lived in my city. I have a girlfriend, but I dont get to see her much because of our conflicting schedules, and I've joined a car club, but besides one person in it, I dont have much in common with any of the other guys.

I'm not a social butterfly by any mean. Hell, I spend most of my time playing alot of video games and watching alot of anime when I'm not in school or looking for a job. And while I get a couple of jibes from the few of my friends when I seem them, this wrestling forum doesn't effect that life in any way shape or form.

But yes, I think I do have a life.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
I feel like shit, after this weekend. My life is great. I'm very fortunate.

I also happen to think that wrestling is fucking cool.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts