• No, but I will

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • No and I won't

Votes: 1 2.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts

I've got a license, and a pretty bitchin' set of wheels, too! I mean, it was a heap of crap at first but once Ray worked on the suspension and shocks, fitted new brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission and rear-end, it ran like a dream.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, now the car saving begins, unless you've already got a vehicle.

I saved from the time I was 15 to 17 to buy my first car (1989 Mustang). Didn't get my license until I was 17 because I wanted to do my test in my first car, haha.

Luckily, I don't have to save for my first car. My father will give me his car, which is a 2000 Ford Focus. It's pretty old, so I may have to start saving for my second car some time in the near future though.

·
mong
2,794 Posts
I have a motorcycle licence (up to 125cc) :toomanykobes

I'll be getting my car licence when I have the money sometime this spring tho

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
Not at the moment, although I'm eligible for one. Don't have a car and my job is literally less than a minute from my house walking so I don't see the point in paying the DMV 27 bucks to get a new DL.

·
Banned
823 Posts
Driving is one of those really weird deals where it can be hard to get your head around at first, once you start driving regularly, it literally becomes second nature. In my own experiences I can even drive perfectly fine when drunk or on no sleep. I don't drive when drunk obviously because it's illegal, but I honestly think you should be allowed up to 0.1% blood/alcohol content. At least we've got it at at 0.8. My home country New Zealand has it at 0.5 and have recently made it so anyone under 20 must have completely zero whatsoever. That means if you're desi-driver, you can't even have a single drink. Ridiculous. Then again over here you're not even meant to drink until 21, so swings and round-abouts. Every country has it's weird things.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't know that in other countries you can get driver's license when you're under 18. Here in Lithuania you can only get it if you're over 18.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Congrats Manowarrior (Y)

Yeah, passed first time. Probably helped that the examiner was half asleep for most of the test.

Reactions: Punkhead

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Technically yes, I have a provisional license that you can get when you turn 17 in the UK. I've never actually gone through with learning to drive so I basically have a license just so I can buy drink.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Yeah I got my license about 3 years ago. I failed the first time, I was one point from passing. Took it the second time and I only had like 2 points. I should have had it the first time but the driving instructor was a total bitch lol. Congrats Mano!

Reactions: Punkhead

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Congrats!

I will get it next year hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Passed first time six and a half years ago with two minors. Haven't driven since and don't plan on getting a car I have no need for. Still glad I got it out of the way when I did and don't have to worry about it. Congrats though

·
Banned
28,109 Posts
Congratulations Mano. Celebrate your triumph!!!!

I don't have a license myself cause I don't really have the need for one. I live right next to a train station and multiple bus stops, besides owning a car over here is expensive.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts