Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Besides signifying a de-push, I couldn't care less if my favorite loses. What matters to me is how good the match was. If the match sucks but my favorite goes over, in end I'd be more pissed that I didn't a good match.

Personally I think it's retarded when fans judge the product based off wins and loses. It's a work. Wins and Loses really shouldn't matter that much.

What's even dumber is when I see fans get pissed that their favorite heel didn't go over in the end. It's like dude did you just start watching wrestling yesterday? Wrestling is about telling a STORY; most of the time between GOOD and EVIL. It's no different than how stories are told in movies. I mean we all knew Darth Vader was gonna get fucked up in the end right? Now did that at all take away from how great of a villain he was? NO because his OVERALL PERFORMANCE was just awesome and him being on top in the end is not what makes a character memorable.

Anyway since most of us like to classify ourselves as "smart wrestling fans", shouldn't WE be the ones to be THE LEAST worked up when our favorites lose? I mean we all know it's a work and we are very aware that certain wrestlers either win or lose to progress a storyline. With this much knowledge about the business most of us have, wins and loses should matter to us the least. Especially compared to the little kiddies.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Re: Do you always get pissed when your favorite loses?

Depends. For a guy like Barreta who's young and just starting, I'm just happy he gets air time. For someone like Christian who's a vet I get pissed every time he's in a meaningless match

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Does anyone get worked up when their favorites lose? Unless they are jobbing or losing in a way that is obviously a depush, i don't give a poo.
Have you ever seen this post:

"Omg they just buried ____________________".

Very common amongst the IWC.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

I got pissed when Barrett got buried under a million chairs by Cena at TLC but that was probably the only time last year. I don't even like Barrett a lot, I was just pissed because i though it was the end of Nexus and it was a crappy way to end a feud that took up so much time over 2010.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts

It depends what kind of match it is. My favorite is CM Punk, and it annoys me when they job him out. As well as pretty much any other rising star. A lot of big matches I'm into these days tend to be 'veteran star vs young star' and it really gets to me when the young star comes up short. It's worth saying over and over: in my opinion, the best way to get someone over is to ensure they look like a threat against the opponent they're feuding in. It makes no sense to, say, book a Punk vs Orton title feud, and have Punk vs Cena in the main event with Cena going over clean just because he's the 'bigger star'. If you HAVE to put Cena over in that situation, then that match shouldn't be booked at all in the first place. Give Punk someone else to go over.

But I'm getting off topic. Of course I'm going to be pissed. I like Punk and his work and I want to see him succeed. I like a lot of the young guns these days and I want them to succeed to. I wonder if I'm wrong though, to not always cheer the faces....

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

No. Because I'm not 6 years old.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it just depends on the storyline and whether it makes sense for them to lose.
This. Like right now I'm frusterated with how there booking Sheamus. I mean he won King of the Ring and he's about to feud with Triple H so you would think they would book him pretty strong. Instead they have just pretty much fed him to John Morrison. I don't have a problem with Morrison and definitly think he's deserving of a top push but why do it at the expense of Sheamus who needs to be protected right now?

I was also pissed that they included him the jobber rumble segment on raw last week just so they could hype up Mark Henry and his annual pointless january royal rumble push where the announcers go on and on about how "he's such a threat to win it" even though nobody in their right mind thinks he's going to win as he's been tons of them and has never even come close to winning one. It just make no sense.

·
Registered
603 Posts
No, just because he is my favorite doesn't have to mean he have to win all the time. It is the match that counts.
I get annoyed if wrestlers get squashed without any purpose and completly against booking 101. I also get pissed about stupid finishes, it doesn't matter who wins.
Like the IC championship ladder match at TLC the finish was just stupid, nobody was looking good after that.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I was getting quite annnoyed earliier in the year when JoMo kept having to job to Ted Dibiase and such like.

But the tables have turned my friends, the tables have turned...

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I depends on the nature of the loss.

If the loss works towards building a storyline or makes sense considering the way they are being booked. For example, Edge losing a match this week on Smackdown due to Nexus interference makes sense and doesn't make Edge look bad.

However if a favorite of mine loses and it does nothing for them, but is used only to help build someone else then I get a bit irritated. For example, Morrison continuously jobbing earlier in the year to Dibiase, Nexus or being put in meaningless matches with no point. That get's me annoyed because I know he could be being used better. I mean right now, if you're a Ted Dibiase fan, I would get incredibly irritated by all the loses he's taking because they don't eman anything other than Dibiase getting buried.

I don't usually mind heels losing clean because that's the nature of their character. As long as they aren't made out to look ridiculously stupid, or weak then I'm fine with it because kayfabe wise faces are actually better, heels use underhanded tactics to win. Faces losing is a different story though because losses (clean) do actually hurt credibility. So while Morrison losing clean would really irritate me, CM Punk losing clean...wouldn't.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yeah I don't usually get irritated at the site of a favorite wrestler of mine jobbing but seeing an inferior wrestler like like Batista go over Benoit cleanly in 2004, and Angle in 2005 pissed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Back in the day, it annoyed me to death whenever Benoit jobbed out to JBL, Edge or Batista, or even when Orton got buried by Triple H repeatedly.

Matt Hardy losing out to Edge and then getting depushed rapidly was depressing at the time.

Like pretty much everyone else here, seeing Cena steamroll through Jericho, Christian, Angle...well, everyone for 2005-2006 was annoying, especially since I was a big Jericho/Angle mark.

Nowadays, I don't get annoyed so much when a favorite of mine loses. Except Mysterio continues to beat up on guys bigger than he is. That's just insulting to see any of the other guys he's burying lose. Basically, I felt this way when Ziggler jobbbed to Mysterio at Summerslam in 2009.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
When Christian loses I get really pissed off, when he wrestles I actually get butterflies in my tummy, I just want to see him do well and get where he deserves to be.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts