Wrestling Forum banner

Do you feel like WWE are oversaturated?

1202 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Hawkke
Like I personally think that you should have Raw, Smackdown and then NXT should be a development brand. Guy’s like Dream, Riddle and Ciampa should be on the main roster by now (of course main roster booking should improve). Shows like NXT UK and 205 live seem unnecessary to me as does the rumoured NXT Japan. My point is their main focus should be making Raw and Smackdown the best shows they can be instead of launching new brands when your main ones are struggling.
  • Haha
Reactions: DammitChrist
Like I personally think that you should have Raw, Smackdown and then NXT should be a development brand. Guy’s like Dream, Riddle and Ciampa should be on the main roster by now (of course main roster booking should improve). Shows like NXT UK and 205 live seem unnecessary to me as does the rumoured NXT Japan. My point is their main focus should be making Raw and Smackdown the best shows they can be instead of launching new brands when your main ones are struggling.
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
25,171 Posts
There was a thread not long ago similar to this i think but yeah it does feel pretty oversaturated with talent struggling to get their proper due, NXT is so popular they made it the 3rd brand even of the focus should realistically be to solely prepare young prospects for the Main Roster.

205 Live sucks and always kinda has.

Main Event is a waste of time compared to the old days where it was watchable.

NXT is good though just that MR superstars being bumped back down feels like a subtle burial when they are already fully established on the main shows, Balor is starting to get interesting so he's an exception at least.

· Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,680 Posts
Oversaturated, overcrowded, overextended, overproduced, overrated

I watch NWA Power recently and a short, basic wrestling show was such a breath of fresh air. Promo. Match. Promo. Match. For 1 hour. No fluff, no waste, no bullshit. Competition and storylines about wrestling. I wish a lot of my WWE favorites were on an NWA style show

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a thread not long ago similar to this i think but yeah it does feel pretty oversaturated with talent struggling to get their proper due, NXT is so popular they made it the 3rd brand even of the focus should realistically be to solely prepare young prospects for the Main Roster.

NXT is good though just that MR superstars being bumped back down feels like a subtle burial when they are already fully established on the main shows, Balor is starting to get interesting so he's an exception at least.
Like in Kayfabe why would guys want to stay in NXT?

· Banned
1,852 Posts
My point is their main focus should be making Raw and Smackdown the best shows they can be instead of launching new brands when your main ones are struggling.
These idiots would rather have more money/profit in the short-term(such as by way of the third hour of Raw, which has sucked since 2014 and which they've held on to even after splitting the roster into two) and have thousands of fans stop watching, which accumulate into hundreds of thousands and over time, a million. This is evident through TV viewership and ratings decline and that decline has been gradual, but STEADY.

Let's not forget the live attendances for TV shows/House Shows have been declining as well. People tune into a show or attend a show for Stars/Draws, which have traditionally been MEN, including a solid midcard, and not fucking Bailey or Cringy Lynch. When you don't have male stars and a shitty main product(Raw/SD) for YEARS, more and more people stop attending/tuning in to your shows, which ultimately means LOSS OF REVENUE.

So if you were the CEO or owner of a corporation, would you choose short-term profit even if it meant losing 1 million customers/viewers in the long-run?

Raw and SD are barely entertaining and the first two things they need to do is to drop the third hour of Raw, and drastically reduce women's wrestling across both shows and start back with the basics- compelling characters, stables, tag team wrestling, solid IC/US title feuds, and the cruiserweight division.

Basically, re-invent the Ruthless Aggression era, if they can.

· The Ghost of WF
What's the point of being VIP when there's no P's to see me being VI?
25,171 Posts

Like in Kayfabe why would guys want to stay in NXT?
There isn't a logical reason other than slowing down their career and becoming more of a mentor, Everybody should be looking to make an impact in hopes of landing that main roster spot, Minus some exceptions(AJ Styles) That's the point of joining the PC, Then being initiated into NXT where you further develop your skill set and work on your core areas to a smaller crowd, Then your lucky day is when you have the chance to expand to a bigger audience and more notoriety on Raw/Smackdown to show what you truly are capable of.

That should be the prime goal of anybody coming through since day one imo.

· Registered
6,777 Posts
Absolutely. The brand split encourages you to not bother watching all of it too since theres no real continuity between the different shows. I'd rather the brand split was nixed, Raw was 2 hours, NXT was back to an hour and treated as an actual developmental, NXT UK and 205 were killed off entirely and NXT Japan was killed in the idea stages.

By the time NXT Japan rolls around you'll be looking at like 10 hours of WWE branded wrestling per week, and thats without even including their long ass PPVs every few weeks. Even looking beyond the burnout inducing oversaturation, they've fragmented the company so much its insane. You've got one promotion pretending its multiple promotions, and most of them are still crap anyway.

· Registered
5,729 Posts
It is oversaturated. Ever since Raw became 3 hours, and NXT became a weekly airing, shows like Superstars, Main Event became irrelevant, but then WWE cancelled Superstars to make way for 205 Live which did not work out at all since that title is now apparently an NXT title. We are unlikely to see Raw to go back to 2 hours, but I do believe Main Event and 205 Live will be cancelled sooner rather than later. These supplementary shows of today and past are a hindrance to progression since you have NXT.

· The House of Black Always Wins.
21,031 Posts
Absolutely. The amount of wrestling content that WWE produces is out of control. Having a PPV every 15 days on top of all the TV content is batshit crazy. I truly do wonder if there is anyone out there who watches ALL of their content every week including PPV's. I guess the transvestite dude with the long hair that sits front row every show could be one of those people. That guy must have been awarded lifetime tickets or something. Either that or he's blowing through inheritance money.

· Registered
15,657 Posts
If I don't miss my guess on a WM weekend there is 23 hours of WWE programming that week.. over half of a full time job.
What 7 hours in a normal week? 10 in a PPV week?

Yeah.. that's over saturated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.