Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly see no point in watching TV matches unless it consists of Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, or John Morrsion(who clearly always bring their A game) or its some special type of gimmick match or title match. Seriously whats the point? The reasons I don't usually care for the matches:

1. It's on free TV so the wrestlers don't usually go all out.
2. The match usually contains no special in-ring storytelling or spots.
3. The match usually ends in some type of screwjob or 'controversial' ending mainly focusing on advancing a storyline and what not. So its hella predictable.
4. The match is usually short because alot of the time is needed for segments and other things that advance storylines.

I know the wrestlers wrestle 4 times a week which forces them to water the ring-work down but IMO Raw and Smackdown should always have at least ONE full length PPV quality match every single time. It doesn't have to always be the Main Event but at least somewhere in the midcard or just something. I mean its called world WRESTLING entertainment, it shouldn't have to always be watered down. If Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, and Morrison weren't putting on the great matches like they usually do I really don't know who I'd watch for.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Used to always be Diva matches, but I might be in love with Nat, especially since TLC. Matches I know that are going to be squashes I usually watch, just because I like to see how the person being squashed sells the moves. Random matches get passed, and Promos and suck with people I do not like, or just do not care about.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,269 Posts
I watch when it airs as much as I can but I usually just end up doing something else when the bad matches are on until something that I care about happens. On Monday I really can say that paid full attention to the Falls Count Anywhere match. Everything else was just sort of looking up from my book to see what was happening. I'm pretty sure there was a full segment where I don't have any idea of what happened.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yep, everytime there's a Divas tag-team match on tv, especially 6 Diva matches.

Also a lot of Cena's matches, I generally skip to the finish because what's the point of watching him get beatdown only to no-sell all of that offense when it's time for the 5 moves of doom.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also a lot of Cena's matches, I generally skip to the finish because what's the point of watching him get beatdown only to no-sell all of that offense when it's time for the 5 moves of doom.
Lol exactly. I understand the whole Face-Heel format and what not but alot of the times Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. don't even at least TRY to change it up.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Depends who's in it. If it includes 2 guys I like, I'll watch. If it includes 1 guy I like and 1 I don't, I'll watch. If it's 2 guys I don't like or don't give a shit about, I generally don't unless they're great in ring talents like Swagger. I NEVER watch the divas matches.

I definately won't miss a Daniel Bryan match. If he's on, I'm watching.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,002 Posts
I'm basically the same as the OP, the only matches i watch on weekly WWE programs atm are ones that feature Daniel Bryan, John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler (i'll also watch Punk and Regal when they're actually in a match). None of the other wrestlers currently on the roster entertain me at all match wise unless they're part of a great storyline and really sell it in the ring.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I watch every second...i guess im the only one
This, usually. I watch it live, but if I'm a few minutes behind on my DVR, I'll fast forward through the divas to catch up.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
I fast forward every match of wrestlers who I don't like or when I know its going to be a bad match.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
all Divas Matches other than Laylas as she is HAWT :D other than that Santino Matches have me switching off usually i go for a toilet break :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
648 Posts
No, I watch all the matches, it's the promos I fastforward through.

But someone said there should be a PPV quality match on each show, and I agree wholeheartedly. I think this is a byproduct of not having WCW to compete with. Competition forces everyone to up their game. Without it, we get bland matches, because there is no incentive to have anything better.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nope, I never fast forward, and I never miss a thing.

If I do that I'd feel like I'm cheating the performance somehow, like flicking ahead a few chapters in a novel because I can't contain my excitement long enough to see how a certain plotline pans out.

I know, I'm weird.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I've started ignoring matches featuring Dibiase, Mcintyre & Tyson.
Diva matches are an automatic channel changer for me.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Depends who is on combined with if I have other things to do

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I love questions like these LOL yes I fast forward through the matches that look like a bore fest or a botch fest waiting to happen.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I honestly see no point in watching TV matches unless it consists of Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, or John Morrsion(who clearly always bring their A game) or its some special type of gimmick match or title match. Seriously whats the point? The reasons I don't usually care for the matches:
Nicely said . I would only add Sheamus as some one who entertains me . but i dont just fast forward it, i completely change channel and wait to see when any one of these pop , on the smackdown where Ziggler faced cena since i knew it was the ME , i didnt watch jack shit and tunned in the final 15 mins . same goes for the triple threat not long ago.

How ever on raw, since i do wnt to see DB, im tunned the first 30 mins, then i tune in the final 30 . cause either Jomo or Shemus will be doing something.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts