Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a general thought. I know some of us don’t watch as often, but we still keep up with the product (whether that’s WWE/AEW/etc). I’m 26 now and wonder in like 10/20 years if I’ll grow out of wrestling, or if I’ll be enjoying it into my old age. I think if I ever have children it would be cool to take them to shows and that, but who knows. Do you ever see yourself growing out of it, or is wrestling something you’ll always love and watch?

·
Registered
WF NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION! I Speak for The Great Cornholio.
4,216 Posts
no

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
If you didn’t grow out of it when you were a teen you never will. You might take breaks during your life, but you’re always going to follow it in some way and come back.

I still get excited when the Royal Rumble , WrestleMania and Summerslam come on. I love when we get a great rivalry. Love listening to podcast and listening to guys in the business talking about it. If you have kids you’ll probably enjoy wrestling more. I have nieces and nephews and watching them jump, scream and get all excited while watch wrestling makes me enjoy it more.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
At this point, probably not. I used to take regular breaks from watching, I'd stay away from it for six months to two years at a time. But I'd always drift back into it. Now with the DVR it's just too convenient to watch. I did manage to tear myself away from NXT recently, can't say I've missed it or regretted it.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I thought I did when I was around 18. Even then, I couldn't help keep an eye on results and ended up watching Rumble and Mania in those years. Came back completely at 22. I'm now 32.

So at this stage, I'll be an 80 year old man marking out at wrestling shows.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't become a wrestling fan till I was 22 years old. I have been into it for 5 years now. I enjoy watching it with my daughter and she likes it too. I perform wrestling moves on her and she gets a kick out of it. I love it and I really wish I would of paid more attention to it as a kid but it is what it is. Maybe one day she'll grow out of it or maybe not because she'll look back and appreciate the bond we had together over it. I think because I got into it at the age that I did don't see myself "growing out of it" because I'm already an adult.

·
Baby It's Violence
10,347 Posts
I watched it as a kid, as a teenager, and now as a 29 year old dude.

If I was ever going to completely grow out of it, I think I would have done so by now. But I'm always finding something I enjoy, and there's more wrestling for me to enjoy than I ever have before.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts