Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been noticing Wade and Sheamus are significantly larger than most of the roster. With WWE's wrestlers being noticeably smaller they're towering over opponents.

Having Undertaker, Big Show and Kane closing in on retirement, without any giants to replace them.
It would leave the guys around 6'5" as the tallest on the roster.

Would you classify Wade and Sheamus as big men in wrestling?

Reactions: mcc4374

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I could Sheamus as a 'big man', not so much Barrett. Sheamus is a lot 'bigger'.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
A man who's 6'4 240lbs would be considered a 'big man' to anyone. But yeah wrestling-wise I think Sheamus and Wade are big men. I think today the demand for giants isn't as essential as it use to be the past where the majority of a wrestling roster would be big.

I could Sheamus as a 'big man', not so much Barrett. Sheamus is a lot 'bigger'.
Isn't Barrett bigger than Sheamus? I think Sheamus is heavier but Barrett certainly looks taller then him. I could be wrong but to me Wade seems to tower of Sheamus.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Sheamus,Barrett,Swagger are all at least 6'5 which is fairly big.

But compared to guys like Taker,Kane it's not really big. But then again, the only guys comparable by size are ppl like Cottonwood,Khali and both of them suck.

And Tyson Kidds bodyguard is big too, but supposedly he's not that good?

If WWE can ever find a big man who can actually wrestle then they could very well end up being a top guy due to WWE lacking big men afterwards. But it'll only make the future feuds better because look at peoples reactions when Kane debuted and stood face to face with Taker. They were amazed cause they never really saw much(if any) guys who were the size of the undertaker. So a similar thing could happen in the future where seeing 7ft guys is a rare thing so when one debuts, he's not just another big man.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I don't think Sheamus is as tall as you think. I've never seen them back to back, but I'd bet Barrett has 3 inches on him. I'm not counting sheamus' hair. Also It might be sheamus' midget arms that make me think he's shorter than he is.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Not really. I mean make no mistake, they're big guys. But in the wrestling world we're just so used to seeing guys lurk around the 7ft mark.

They seem more along the size of the John Cena/Triple H "main eventer size".

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Swagger, Sheamus, Barrett are 6'5 and about 250- 260lbs apiece. thats big. When you see these guys live its a different story. when i saw the Rock at Backlash vs. Austin many moons ago I could not get over how huge The Rock was. His legs were the size of tree trunks.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Swagger, Sheamus, Barrett are 6'5 and about 250- 260lbs apiece. thats big. When you see these guys live its a different story. when i saw the Rock at Backlash vs. Austin many moons ago I could not get over how huge The Rock was. His legs were the size of tree trunks.
I believe their all billed at 6'6. Weather Swagger and Sheamus are that height or not Wade Barret is definitely 6'6 as it says on his arrest papers.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Sheamus is about 6'3 max. Not as tall as you think, only about 2 inches taller than Cena. Still though, 6'3 260 pounds what ever he is, is very big in real life. But I think his "6'6, 272 pound" character is meant to be a big man. And Barrett is a big man also.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wow, Swagger seems to be a ot shorter than he actually is. He must be MASSIVE

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Sheamus is billed as 6'6, Wade Barret is billed as 6'5 and Jack Swagger is also billed as 6'5. Whether that's just WWE's booking I don't know. But I wouldn't argue with it either, they're big men anyway.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
I count them as heavyweights but I wouldn't go as far as calling them 'big men'

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,340 Posts
Sheamus is really ripped, being alabaster makes him look gigantic on my screen. His booteeful Irish skin! He wrestles a power style and was booked as a monster heel when
he first came on the scene. That and he shelved HHH for like, 9 months kayfabe. He
can be a big man/monster heel.

Swagger, if he wasn't jobbing on Superstars :)eek::lmao) , could be booked as a credible big man and power wrestler.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Its time to bring it to the universal scales, Big men in wrestling are 6 foot 7 or higher or 260lbs or higher

Goldust and Scott Hall are 6 foot 6 and arent considered big men

Ulf Herman is somewhat in the middle though

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
A man who's 6'4 240lbs would be considered a 'big man' to anyone. But yeah wrestling-wise I think Sheamus and Wade are big men. I think today the demand for giants isn't as essential as it use to be the past where the majority of a wrestling roster would be big.
This

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
they dont wrestle like big men tho especially wade
Sheamus has a powerhouse moveset though, powerbomb, powerslam, backbreaker etc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts