• yes

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was many wrestlers first and only world title rein so i feel like it didnt meen anything after big show lost it

and cm punk calls himself a 3 time champion he doesnt count the ecw rein

and its funny when chritian was talking to ezekiel on the night of the lumberjack match he said he was a 2 time champion and he asked ezekiel how many times he was world champion expecting him to say none because christian himself had 2 ecw titles reins but didnt count those although ezekiel still said 1.

so yeah do you consider it a world title rein?

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I count it as a world title up until Johnny Nitro/John Morrison won it, after that, I stopped considering it a world title. So basically I consider it a world title for RVD, Show, Lashley, Vince and that's it. Matt Hardy, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, etc. etc. are not world champions.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
No, under WWE it was not a World title. Simple as. Maybe until Lashley held it, since he was a part of the segment when Taker was choosing his Wrestlemania opponent. But after that it was not a world title. Punk is a four time champion, not a five time champion. John Morrison is not a former World champion. And if you want further proof, Chavo Guerrero was in the freaking Rumble when he still had the ECW championship.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was considered a world championship as late as Matt Hardy's reign, considering the champion of champions match that occurred in 2008 between Jericho, Triple H, and Hardy.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Imo, the ECW Title was a World Title depending on the person who carried it....

RVD - Yes
Big Show - Yes
Lashley - Yes
Vince - Yes
John Morrison - No
CM Punk - No
Chavo - Yes, sort of
Kane - Yes
Mark Henry - Yes
Matt Hardy - Yes (The WWE went out of their way to say that Matt & Jeff were "two brothers, two world champions.")
Jack Swagger - No
Christian - Yes
Tommy Dreamer - No
Ezekiel Jackson - No

·
Banned
104 Posts
No. It's an irrelevant Indy fed title, it would be like WWE taking the ROH title and making it the main belt on a show. Sorry, but no.

Are you for real? ECW was a national phenomenon that gave birth to some of the greatest talents in the history of wrestling, some of the greatest and ingenius feuds, biblical matches and cult personas and was the birth place of the attitude era. ECW is a cult legend and you comparing it to RoH is making me realize i shouldn't have even bothered to reply to your post.

On topic, ECW title was indeed a world title in every sense of that word, but WWECW title was just another Vince's abortion and a pukable disgrace for wrestling in general.

·
Asuka
96,263 Posts
Are you for real? ECW was a national phenomenon that gave birth to some of the greatest talents in the history of wrestling, some of the greatest and ingenius feuds, biblical matches and cult personas and was the birth place of the attitude era. ECW is a cult legend and you comparing it to RoH is making me realize i shouldn't have even bothered to reply to your post.

On topic, ECW title was indeed a world title in every sense of that word, but WWECW title was just another Vince's abortion and a pukable disgrace for wrestling in general.
None of that has anything to do with status, and ECW is still an Indy, regardless of it being the most popular one. It's a cult following, that's all it is, it is not mainstream. The only major promotions in recent memory that could claim real world title status is WWE and WCW, regardless of how much the latter screwed up with their title.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
WWECW or ECW? Latter, yes. Former...anyone non usa born or bred win that?

·
Banned
104 Posts
None of that has anything to do with status, and ECW is still an Indy, regardless of it being the most popular one. It's a cult following, that's all it is, it is not mainstream.
So, if you had Easy Rider in one and Transformers 3 in the other hand and had to give a big amount of significance and recognition to one of them, wich one would it be?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Stop feeding tyron with jabber, the beat of the matter is this. Was the ECW title defended only in the USA? Was it ever held by people who had close current (at the time) ties to other foreign nations. Based only on their lucha and puro love, they were an international wrestling federation. All statements taking into account other factors are fluff, and we don't talk about the treatment of wwecw.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Stop feeding tyron with jabber, the beat of the matter is this. Was the ECW title defended only in the USA? Was it ever held by people who had close current (at the time) ties to other foreign nations. Based only on their lucha and puro love, they were an international wrestling federation. All statements taking into account other factors are fluff, and we don't talk about the treatment of wwecw.
Not sure what youre trying to say here, but yes Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka both held the ECW title and both worked in FMW in Japan.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Sorry but i don't speak the language.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It shouldn't be counted as a world title, regardless of who held it. The only way a title from another company could ever be considered a world title is if the title is in a mainstream company. If TNA ended up having similar success as WWE did worldwide(in terms of amount of fans/tv ratings), then maybe it could be considered a world title.

ECW title, even with WWE was never meant to be a world title, it was just on a show that WWE wanted to have as they wanted to get the ecw fans watching that show.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I count it as a world title up until Johnny Nitro/John Morrison won it, after that, I stopped considering it a world title. So basically I consider it a world title for RVD, Show, Lashley, Vince and that's it. Matt Hardy, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, etc. etc. are not world champions.
This. WWE even had guys like Matt Hardy say he's never been World champ. Punk doesn't count the ECW championship as part of his World title reigns.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts