Wrestling Forum banner

Do you consider Bobby Heenan the greatest manager of all time?

2927 Views 47 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  holycityzoo
Well,do you?
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
Yes. Easily. By a country mile. NOBODY could get heat like this maniac. Not to mention he was insanely passionate about the business funny as hell, and didnt mind getting in the ring when needed.

One of a kind.

· Registered
2,927 Posts
Yes he and Lou Albano and Cornette.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I prefer Cornette as a talker, but you can't argue with Bobby's results. I'd say he was the best. When you hear the word "manager", he's the first name to pop into your head. I remember watching a list of "best managers of all time" that some wrestling site, or whatever the hell it was had made, and they were revealing it as they went along, before any of the names were revealed, I INSTANTLY knew that Bobby was #1...and he was. This is a lot more clear cut than "best wrestler". Depending on what you're looking for, best wrestler could be Hogan, Austin, Rock, Flair, Taker, HBK, Bret, Savage, etc, but with managing, it's Bobby. Just Bobby.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
Cornette is the only one who would come close, his work in 95-96 was superb probably the best thing WWE had going.I think Sensational Cheri most deffinatley deserves a mention, she was so much more than a valet in particular her were with Savage and also Michaels were superb.The segments she did with the Ultimate Warrior were awsome

· Banned
3,887 Posts
hell no. Hes the greatest of the last 20 to 25 years but greatest of all time is the grand wizzard he managed hall of famers such as billy graham,the, iron sheikh, don muraco, cowboy bob orton , sgt slaughter , killer kowalski, mr fuji, greg valentine , george the animal steele, ken patera and ivan koloff. Simply legendary what he accomplished.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
Let's be realistic - this isn't even a debate. Bobby's either the best or a close second in absolutely every category you'd use to evaluate a manager. He could take the most awful, green heel and make you care about them. Heenan by many, many miles.

· Keeping the red flag flying high
2,067 Posts
Not only do I class Heenan as the greatest manager of all time, I would go as far as saying he's one of the greatest talents to grace the wrestling business as either a wrestler or a 'personality', he was THAT good.

· Premium Member
20,269 Posts
Absolutely. Heenan was such a great talker, such a heat magnet without even having to try, and just so damn entertaining. Look at the talent he managed. Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect, Andre the Giant all at the height of their WWF careers. So many more that I could list.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.