Wrestling Forum banner

Do you care about Ratings or not?

1824 Views 32 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  acracker
After thursdays impact with less than 15 min of actual wrestling ive seen posts of ppl saying the show was great and others saying it was horrible. Im in the horrible side since i thought TNA was all about action and being different and having the best roster in wrestling not best actors. Many ppl brought up as wrestling doesnt equal ratings. So do many of you not care about ratings or do you because wouldnt everyone here wanna atleast see some amazing matches every week. We get great ones here and there but episodes like thursday make u completely forget about others.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Couldn't give two shits about ratings. If a horrible show gets a great number, it doesn't make the show any less horrible.
Yes but it makes it possible that you won't see a good show like that ever again.

· Banned
384 Posts
I don't care about TNAs low ratings. I think talking about and following TNAs business is the most entertaining thing about their existence. Total train wreck.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

· Registered
12,827 Posts
I don't but I understand why they matter

Year Avarage

2005 - Average Rating of 0.79
2006 - Average Rating of 0.89
2007 - Average Rating of 1.04
2008 - Average Rating of 1.06
2009 - Average Rating of 1.14
2010 - Average Rating of 1.06
2011 - Average Rating of 1.22 (so far)

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't but I understand why they matter

Year Avarage

2005 - Average Rating of 0.79
2006 - Average Rating of 0.89
2007 - Average Rating of 1.04
2008 - Average Rating of 1.06
2009 - Average Rating of 1.14
2010 - Average Rating of 1.06
2011 - Average Rating of 1.22 (so far)
That's surprising. It seems that the worse product is, the higher the rating are.:confused:

· Registered
3,147 Posts
I root for TNA to get good ratings. The higher the ratings, the more money SpikeTV pays them come contract time. If TNA can keep getting more money from SpikeTV, then that means that hopefully at some point they will be able to afford to take Impact on the road. Also anybody who roots for TNA's ratings to go down doesn't get the situation they're in. If they were to drop down to .9s every week, it might put the company's status with Spike at risk. WWE can afford to have lower than usual ratings, TNA can't because of the smaller audience. Even people who hate TNA's product should root for higher ratings because it helps the business overall, if TNA shot up to averaging 2.0's/3 million viewers the WWE would sure as shit notice and most likely up their game. I don't think TNA will ever hit 2.0 on a consistent basis though. Their goal for this year should be to start averaging 1.3-1.4 every single week with 2 million viewers without dropping below it. Then build on that.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "care". I recognize that ratings are the single biggest factor in determining the direction of the company and directly determine what I see on television every week as a result. In that sense, ratings are fundamentally tied to the entertainment factor of a show. You would naturally want segments you find entertaining to garner higher ratings.

I mean, if I had to choose between a show that I thought was awesome but performed horribly in viewership and a show that got amazing ratings but I found to be terrible, I'd want the awesome show. I have no personal interest in TNA's success, I just want to watch an entertaining wrestling show.

So, uh... no? I guess? :confused:

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
I care about the show being entertianing and nothing else. I don't need numbers to validate whether or not I like something. I enjoyed the hell out of Scott Pilgrim and that fucking thing basically tanked. I want the things I like to succeed, but I'm not going to change my opinion based on the numbers.

That said I didn't think Impact was that good this week and TNA needs major changes in how they present their show.

· Premium Member
32,340 Posts
I care more about if the show entertains me or not, but I do care about ratings in a way, because if they get higher ratings then the chances of them staying on air are better. this goes for any show not just wrestling.

· Registered
3,249 Posts
After thursdays impact with less than 15 min of actual wrestling ive seen posts of ppl saying the show was great and others saying it was horrible. Im in the horrible side since i thought TNA was all about action and being different and having the best roster in wrestling not best actors. Many ppl brought up as wrestling doesnt equal ratings. So do many of you not care about ratings or do you because wouldnt everyone here wanna atleast see some amazing matches every week. We get great ones here and there but episodes like thursday make u completely forget about others.

TNA hasn't been about action and being different in a very long time, you don't watch a promotion with a Vince Russo influence and expect to see large amounts of in ring action.

You expect to see what we usually get; a crash TV inspired, male oriented soap opera.

Large amounts of wrestling by itself doesn't equal ratings but if you build your characters and tell a compelling story people will care for the people involved in the matches.

Personally I feel TV shows are to sell the characters and storylines and build to the pay-per-views where you will deliver the great in ring action. Why give it away for free, it's not like TNA owes anything to it's live audience like WWE could because TNA's live audience get's in for free.

The PPV's are where the in ring action should be delivered but in general TNA does a poor job of selling us on their characters and storylines and convincing a large percentage of their audience to even buy their PPV's and the PPV's themselves are rarely even slightly better than the weekly TV.

I don't care about ratings they don't mean shit to me, the only people who quote ratings are those fans who are looking for validation that they're right and what they're watching is good but there is no right and there is no wrong. You either like it or you don't and me personally I think Impact this week sucked and that impact has been pretty shitty for a while now.

And it has nothing to do with the amount of wrestling, it has to do with the quality of the show. I just have no interest really in the characters they are portraying or the stories they are telling.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I don't care about ratings or PPV buys. It's not like money is going into my pocket, why would I care. I just want to enjoy the product.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.