Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love heel Hardy, Jarrett is entertaining for the first time since ever, Hulk and Eric are in their natural roles, and Fourtune is awesome. Problem is, I just don't care. It just feels like there's no real human element to this storyline, no emotion, no personal clashes between guys who absolutely fucking hate each other. Maybe they're just killing time until Angle v JJ and Hardy v RVD, but right now it's as if the sum of the parts aren't adding up to the whole. Am I alone here, or is Immortal really falling that far short of its potential?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Re: Do you care

I'm not a fan of big ass stables/coalitions/etc. These guys all work better in there own elements, together it just seems to be a huge clusterfuck, and in the process limits the different creative paths you could take with them. For instance, the majority of these feuds inside of the Immortal storyline could all take place without Immortal even existing. But because Immortal exists, we get ten billion run ins from the whole stable, opening promos that last 15+ minutes from the whole stable, etc. when all these feuds would probably be more interesting and better developed if they weren't all linked together.

Despite my complaining, I must say it's still interesting to watch and this past impact was really well done, so I guess I care, but not to the degree of "OMG WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?!".

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Re: Do you care

You know, people can hover their mouses over a page name and find out what is in it. So no need to

Make it.............................
................................Like this

I hate Immortal. We could have like 8 singles feuds going on with all the main event talent here, but a stable?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Can't say I really care tbh, they introduced the ugliest title I've ever seen though so I lean more towards hating them.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
about Immortal? I love heel Hardy, Jarrett is entertaining for the first time since ever, Hulk and Eric are in their natural roles, and Fourtune is awesome. Problem is, I just don't care. It just feels like there's no real human element to this storyline, no emotion, no personal clashes between guys who absolutely fucking hate each other. Maybe they're just killing time until Angle v JJ and Hardy v RVD, but right now it's as if the sum of the parts aren't adding up to the whole. Am I alone here, or is Immortal really falling that far short of its potential?
Hehe. Riiiight.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It's just the annual TNA 'company struggle' stable. They'll be gone in due time.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
They're the best thing going today in the business imo.
Then the business is in deep shit.

Hardy's turn is fine but I don't care about his matches, Abyss sucks the life out of everything, Hogan & Bischoff are turn the tv off annoying right now, and it stuns me that out of all of them Jarrett has the one feud I'm interested in with Angle once Joe is out of the picture.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Immortal sucks. Period. They are about 1/20th the coolness of the nWo and they probably have the worst key members for an nWo rehash ever.

Jeff Hardy - one of the only guys the spotlight should be on yet it seems to be on him the least.
Hulk Hogan - God dammit does anyone really care about this old cripple anymore? People have been bitchin about this guy taking up the spotlight ever since 1998. I can't believe its been 12 years and nothing has seemed to change.
Ric Flair - Ric Flair is a legend, but this is 2010 and hes in his goddamn 60s now. A senile old man that bleeds every 5 seconds who has some of the loosest skin I've ever seen should NOT be a key member of a group called IMMORTAL.
Eric Bischoff - when the fuck was Bischoff ever cool?
Jeff Jarret - Jeff Jarrets only claim to fame: "The guy who started TNA". If thats the only thing hes famous for(and for being one of the worst draws ever), what exactly does he have that adds to Immortal?
Abyss - Abyss is a retard.

So overall your group called 'Immortal' at its core consists of:

-a guy who doesn't get the spotlight
-a crippled has been that can't even pick up a seashell without injuring himself
-a 60 year old man with really loose skin
-an old prick that nobody cares about
-a wrestler that never drew a dime
-a retard

Oh yea thats one sick faction. The WWE fans will be flocking in in no time!

In all serious though I never thought we'd see a worse stable in TNA than the Main Event Mafia. At least in the Mafia they had members that people still somewhat CARED about. Not only that but you had Kurt Fuckin Angle as the leader which imo is MILES better than Heel Jeff Hardy.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I like it but as an above poster said Jeff needs more of the spotlight because after all he is the TNA champion and was the 'big' shock when he was revealed to be the top guy behind 'they'. I'm thinking that at the upcoming PPV in the match between Hardy/Morgan, Immortal and Fourtune will split their alliance but i'm just not sure on how they should do it and still keep both as heel stables.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm fine with them.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Right now, I don't.

I was hyped after Bound For Glory, but they lost 98% of my interest by now. Jeff Hardy is great, but the stable just has no interesting GOALS or REASONS for its existence. Just to "keep its power" is boring and old as the Immortal goal.

If someone can tell me, WHAT special things they do and WHY they do what they do, then maybe I start to get it, again. But so far there is ZERO excitement in TNA, because the heels are just masturbating themselves while the faces act uncharismatic and unconvincing.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts