Wrestling Forum banner

Among these 3 possible WM 29 results, which 1 would u worry about the most?

• Punk defeating Austin cleanly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock or Brock winning the WWE title.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cena ending The Streak.

Votes: 4 66.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent rumor of the 3 main events for Wrestlemania 29, we have been informed that we might be getting Taker/Cena, Rock/Brock for the WWE title, and Punk/Austin next year. I'll just ask about Taker/Cena.

As we knew it, Cena's character is recently undergoing a low point in his career after suffering a defeat in the hands of Rock & a vicious attack in the hands of Brock. Some might say, his status as the top face is fading. Others still say he's still the top guy of WWE. I'm not with the former in this.

I think we all know too well John Cena is basically the modern day Hulk Hogan. The similarities are present so I won't even bother to point them out for you, you understand my point. And a match with Undertaker is not only a good chance for him to bend after two Wrestlemania loses against Miz & Rock, but also to redo what Hulk Hogan did against Andre at WM 3, which would be 26 years ago by the time Wrestlemania 29 roll around. Hell, it's not even an impossibility that WWE might hype the match like they did Andre vs Hogan due to many similarities of the atmosphere (the face of WWE vs the unbeaten giant). And knowing WWE, Cena might be the only believable person left to end The Streak. I mean, who else is there?

Rock & Brock? They'll leave they day after so no way they're a threat.
Tensai, Orton, Kane, Show, and Henry have tried and failed & as of now, thanks to The Undertaker's last 6 Wrestlemania opponents (Batista, Edge, Shawn Michaels twice, and Triple H twice), the level of Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent can no longer be a normal main eventer or lower so that should erase people like Jericho, Punk, Sheamus, Bryan, Miz, Barrett, Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, and the rest from the roster from the contention.

If we take a good look at it, Cena is pretty much the only one Vince would consider to end The Streak for many obvious reasons I'm sure you understand (being the biggest cash cow ever in WWE's history is one reason).

Regardless of your stance, what do u think of the possibility of Cena ending The Streak at Wrestlemania 29? Do u consider Cena still have enough legitimacy and kayfabe presence to end the now fabled achievement?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nope, definately not. 20-0 is great, a huge milestone. I dont see any reason to keep going, even if it gets to 22-0, 25-0.. Its a hard spot because I dont think Taker is ready to hang it up, but he lives for WM, so its like he has to keep it going... I dont see him going 20-1, thats just awkward, and would take away from the whole legacy.. I dont think Cena would agree to end it anyways, seriously.. Its scripted so the only way he could be a legit threat to me is if Taker was ready to leave and INSISTED on giving someone a push and losing finally. But knowing that Cena was booked to win all along in Rock/Cena and then it was changed to Rock winning not long before WM, makes me wonder lol...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Cena would be the most credible guy to end the streak in this day and age. I mean who else is there? Miz? Punk? Lol not happening, nothing against guys like that but they are not on the level of being able to end the streak.

Cena on the other hand would be believable and have the credibility to do it. However I personally think Taker should just retire undefeated there's no one around at this point who is on his level to be ending the streak. Except Cena but I wouldn't want him to do it because what would he gain? nothing, he's already at the very top.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I'd buy it more if he'd won at Wrestlemania against The Rock this year. It would have given him the bragging rights that could've ignited the feud between him and Undertaker; "Last year, I did what nobody thought I could do - I beat the Rock, the biggest star in our industry! Well this year I'm going to top it ... I'm going to beat The Undertaker!" As it is, he doesn't have a leg to stand on; "last year you lost to the Tooth Fairy!" Hmmmm.

Hopefully, Cena will take some time off after this Lesnar feud and come back with a slightly more serious persona. I'm not saying heel turn; I'm saying lets drop the bullshit and have him focused, aggressive and more determined. If he comes back with a more steely persona, I'd believe it. This smiling, laughing, dismissive persona just lacks the minerals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.