Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I do not as I am an atheist. But there is a small part of me that has some faith in the possibility that it could be real. Thought I would bring it up as it's always an interesting topic.

·
In Abhorrence Dementia
7,329 Posts
Another one of these. I suppose it will degenerate into another God vs No God debate.

Anyways, if you want my opinion, I can speak only in terms of metaphysics. Philosophically speaking, you are already in hell.

This body is Brahmapuram, the city of 9 gates (2 ears, 2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 1 mouth, genitals, anus). What you experience through your senses is the material world. And whatever you experience is classed as pleasure and pain. The moment of pleasure is always brief, and its enjoyment is dulled by the pain/suffering that you experience either separately, or in your efforts to gain the object of pleasure. And even the pleasurable object may be tinged with sorrow.

How long does youth last? How long does an object of enjoyment last? Not eternally. Anything that isn't pleasure is hell.

Birth, Infancy, Adulthood, Old-age and Death. All part of suffering. Pleasure is like sweet poison, its goodness is brief, and its true nature is unknown until it hits you, as this sanskrit sloka states:

nalinIdalagata jalamatitaralam tadvaJIvitamatishayachapalam|
viDhi vyAdhyabhimAnagrastam lokam shokahatam cha samastam||

Meaning: Uncertain is the life of man as rain drops on a lotus leaf. Know that the whole world remains a prey to disease, ego and grief.

Sorry to confuse, but hey, you wanted to know what I follow (not imposed on anyone, btw). Hell is all around you, take a closer look.

Reactions: eyebrowmorroco

·
Banned
882 Posts
OP, if you have faith in the possibility there is a Hell, then you are not a true atheist, you're just confused.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
YEAH BITCH GOD GON MAKE YA BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY IF YOU DON'T CONFESS YOUR DOG GON SINS......

.....because he loves you.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Another one of these. I suppose it will degenerate into another God vs No God debate.

Anyways, if you want my opinion, I can speak only in terms of metaphysics. Philosophically speaking, you are already in hell.

This body is Brahmapuram, the city of 9 gates (2 ears, 2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 1 mouth, genitals, anus). What you experience through your senses is the material world. And whatever you experience is classed as pleasure and pain. The moment of pleasure is always brief, and its enjoyment is dulled by the pain/suffering that you experience either separately, or in your efforts to gain the object of pleasure. And even the pleasurable object may be tinged with sorrow.

How long does youth last? How long does an object of enjoyment last? Not eternally. Anything that isn't pleasure is hell.

Birth, Infancy, Adulthood, Old-age and Death. All part of suffering. Pleasure is like sweet poison, its goodness is brief, and its true nature is unknown until it hits you, as this sanskrit sloka states:

nalinIdalagata jalamatitaralam tadvaJIvitamatishayachapalam|
viDhi vyAdhyabhimAnagrastam lokam shokahatam cha samastam||

Meaning: Uncertain is the life of man as rain drops on a lotus leaf. Know that the whole world remains a prey to disease, ego and grief.

Sorry to confuse, but hey, you wanted to know what I follow (not imposed on anyone, btw). Hell is all around you, take a closer look.
Repped.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I don't really believe in religion but I do believe in a God. I think there is a Heaven and a Hell.

·
Fedor's cornerman.
1,331 Posts
In all seriousness, I definitely believe there is something outside of the physical universe itself, & that the existence of something simply doesn't end when it dies. The afterlife dimension exists, and I have no doubts about it.

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
100% proud atheist here so NO, not a chance in hell. See what I did there?

Oh oh, maybe I'll believe when Hell freezes over. :jeff :troll :torres

·
Registered
547 Posts
I seriously doubt the existence of Hell, or most after-life's based on religions.

Agnostic Deist here, by the way.

Reactions: Ruiner87

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Life is hell.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hell is real. It's called a car trip to inland Australia.

Reactions: Virgil_85

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
OP sounds more agnostic than Atheist.
I'm a very cynical person, I need at least solid proof before I believe anything. Unless I see something with my own eyes, I dont take anyones word for anything. I dont even trust what I see on the news half the time.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
To quote Jean-Paul Sartre: Hell is other people

·
Registered
592 Posts
It depends on what version we're talking about here. Are we talking about the Abrahamic/Judeo-Christian linear version of hell, the Polytheistic Pagan/Ancient version of hell, or the more Eastern/Buddhist incarnations of hell?

If the typical Judeo-Christian version..no. The idea that my eternal spirit will be punished by fire and brimstone because I didn't worship a being written about by men, who had no interaction with said being's supposed Earthly presence, is ludicrous.

If the polytheist version..no. I do not believe the dead live in their own cities and planes.

If the Eastern version..somewhat. I believe in karma.

I reside on the scientific side of things. We're made up of energy and energy doesn't simply 'go away.' There's scientific evidence that energy remains after the body ceases to live. I'm not going into the religious or paranormal debate on this thread.

Oh, and as a must, I quote Bad Religion: "Fuck Armageddon..This is Hell."

1 - 20 of 164 Posts