Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally i think it's gonna exceed the expectations most people are saying that it's not gonna' be that gd but i think it's gonna' great i mean look at the card :
kelly2 vs beth (althouh i don't care about the divas at all)but for those who do it's a really good match it's going to determine the future of the divas division it could go to the candy asses or the WRESTLERS
rhodes vs ted junior is a great match i know ted has been a failure but cody is great if he wins he'll be more over with the fans than ever
fatal four-way i don't really care what this match represents all i care about is that 4 of the most talented young talents are in the same ring and plus it brought prestige to the us title imo it was ignored for the past couple of years and need i remind u of miz's aweful US title reign
henry vs orton very good match it will be now or never for henry
cena vs rio i think you'll all be surprised with this match it has low hype but i think it wil make up for it by being a great match that hopefully we can all enjoy
punk vs coo-coo no comment

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
It's weird for me. I've enjoyed all of WWE's PPV's that I've watched this year, but all of them have been because of Punk. Punk and Nexus dominating the Rumble, Punk taunting Orton and Cena in the Elimination Chamber, Punk relentlessly annoying Orton up to WM (+I think their match at Mania was the best of the night. Which is sad when I think of it), Money In The Bank speaks for itself (+that had Bryan winning MITB to go along with it), Summerslam again. It's all been Punk this entire year for me. Cena/Miz bored me to tears and I'm struggling to think of any other storylines, so clearly they haven't entertained me.

Until now. I'm genuinely looking forward to pretty much every match on the card, fuck I'm even intrigued by the Divas for the first time since Kharma got knocked up. Except the WHC match, but that's due to Mark Henry being in the match.

So yeah, I have pretty high hopes for Night of Champions. Though I am annoyed that yet again Daniel Bryan isn't in a match fpalm

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
No. It doesn't really have anything going for it. Both heavyweight title matches are boring and hold no intrigue. The IC match has no real build. The US championship match could be good as a 1 on 1 but adding Riley and whoever else is random and detracts from Swagger v Ziggler. The tag match should be good, and the main event has the huge build behind it. Unfortunately I don't trust Trips to be willing to put over Punk.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Nothing that interesting to really look forward to until after HIAC because then it'll be SS hyping which leads to TLC and then RTWM starts up.

Though NOC is unpredictable which is great

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I'm only interested in Punk/Trips, and rightfully so. Everything else is insignificant and boring. So I have high hopes for the main event. No matter who wins, just hope it progresses the storyline and positively. Punk/Trips should not end this soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's weird for me. I've enjoyed all of WWE's PPV's that I've watched this year, but all of them have been because of Punk. Punk and Nexus dominating the Rumble, Punk taunting Orton and Cena in the Elimination Chamber, Punk relentlessly annoying Orton up to WM (+I think their match at Mania was the best of the night. Which is sad when I think of it), Money In The Bank speaks for itself (+that had Bryan winning MITB to go along with it), Summerslam again. It's all been Punk this entire year for me. Cena/Miz bored me to tears and I'm struggling to think of any other storylines, so clearly they haven't entertained me.

Until now. I'm genuinely looking forward to pretty much every match on the card, fuck I'm even intrigued by the Divas for the first time since Kharma got knocked up. Except the WHC match, but that's due to Mark Henry being in the match.

So yeah, I have pretty high hopes for Night of Champions. Though I am annoyed that yet again Daniel Bryan isn't in a match fpalm
maybe bryan will cash in if orton wins.and i agree it shouldn't be called summer of punk it should be called year of punk

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Im excited for 4 matches tomorrow:

4.Awesome Truth vs Air boom(I hope to GOD that they give Awesome Truth the titles tomorrow)
3. Henry vs Orton(There's probably less than a 5% chance than henry walks out with the title, with the fact of how he's made Orton his bitch the last few weeks)
2. Cena vs ADR(ADR's got the odds on his side, but when Cena's in a title match, the odds are always AGAINST his opponents, no matter the situation)
1. CM Punk vs Triple h(My favorite all time against one of my favorites since 06. FINALLY these two get a PPV match against each other. Wish it was WM though. I HOPE Nash interferes even before the match starts, and causes the match not to happen. Yeah, I know, stupid, but this match is WM quality, and NEEDS to happen there!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im excited for 4 matches tomorrow:

4.Awesome Truth vs Air boom(I hope to GOD that they give Awesome Truth the titles tomorrow)
3. Henry vs Orton(There's probably less than a 5% chance than henry walks out with the title, with the fact of how he's made Orton his bitch the last few weeks)
2. Cena vs ADR(ADR's got the odds on his side, but when Cena's in a title match, the odds are always AGAINST his opponents, no matter the situation)
1. CM Punk vs Triple h(My favorite all time against one of my favorites since 06. FINALLY these two get a PPV match against each other. Wish it was WM though. I HOPE Nash interferes even before the match starts, and causes the match not to happen. Yeah, I know, stupid, but this match is WM quality, and NEEDS to happen there!)
i disagree with u on the awesome truth i think they shouldn't win the title so that the next night on raw they can backup the conspiracy angle plus the wwe is takin' a new route by actually caring 'bout the tag titles which is a good thing but if they let air boom win people will take them seriosly and awesome truth won't be less of a threat cause they've got charisma.
ps: trust me cena won't win rio needs to be champ for mexico tour and cena will feud with rocky

·
Banned
323 Posts
i think we can all agree on punk vs hhh will be the only good match of the night.. i won't buy the ppv because it's not worthy and it isn't worth it! but i might get ss since the rock will be back

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think we can all agree on punk vs hhh will be the only good match of the night.. i won't buy the ppv because it's not worthy and it isn't worth it! but i might get ss since the rock will be back
no i disagree i think the ic and us matches will be great

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It probably won't be as good as MITB but I do think it'll be better than SummerSlam. The main title matches aren't at the level of Punk-Cena or Christian-Orton, but the mid-card is intriguing and HHH-Punk pits my two favorite wrestlers ever against each other.

I can't remember the last time the IC, USA, and tag titles were all interesting feuds. Some of you probably don't agree, but I'm actually happy with where the mid-card titles are heading right now

Biggest downside, however, is what are Sheamus, Christian, Sin Cara, Barrett and D-Bryan? Really important talent like that MIA is never a good thing...hopefully some of them get involved one way or another (random tag match to start the show, even!)

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
ironicly the only match i'm looking forwarth too at NOC is a non title match

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
Its called "Night of Champions" but the most anticipated match has nothing to do with titles which makes it ironic.

Triple V Punk speaks for itself, it could main event any PPV they could have wanted, the story is a little messy but none the less very interesting. Cena and Del Rio IMO has great potential be in terms of a match, I think it could be great my problem is their really isn't a dynamic storyline wise to the match, if it had an actual angle to it then im sure I would care far more.

Other than them two, I will be interested slightly in the Diva match it could be the Divas version of MITB with Beth coming home to a great reception.

nothing else seems to interesting

7.5 in terms of anticipation ( big chunk of that is down to Punk/HHH though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts