Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a previous thread about something like this, seemed intresting so thought i would discuss it further.
WWE currently airs on mondays and fridays
TNA currently airs on thursdays
so currenttly we could watch both happyily
heres what i dont like
Dixie carter thinks TNA can be a rival to the WWE yet after how ever many weeks TNA was going head to head with RAW she pulled the plug and went back to thursday, but she still says TNA have a edge on WWE,if this was the case why stop showing impact on monday nights?
secondly i think TNA has lost the 'edge' they had on WWE the x division, they dont get enough air time thanks to hogan bischoff and russo. So do you guys think TNA should try to go agaisnt WWE or just be happy with what they got?
i think if really HAVE to go agaisnt WWE why not compete with smackdown? .... just a thought

· Registered
12,827 Posts
TNA Need to work

- A 1.5- 1.7 tv rating every week
- Getting Impact and PPVs to get 3,500 + fans per arenas
- Good TV every week
- PPVs buyrates of 50,000 +
- Better Wrestling Merchandise

Not about World Wrestling Entertainment is doing

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
The only three letters they need to think about are T, N, and A. WWE wrestlers, cheap shots at the WWE, none of that will get them anywhere. Its childish and stunts their growth.

· Registered
553 Posts
Not at all, not least because I don't think it's possible.

They need to have a fanbase which is sufficient for them to turn a profit and maintain their level of exposure, and produce shows at a level which retains that fanbase. That's all.

· Registered
112 Posts
Not at all, not least because I don't think it's possible.

They need to have a fanbase which is sufficient for them to turn a profit and maintain their level of exposure, and produce shows at a level which retains that fanbase. That's all.
this. TNA needs to ignore the wwe and consider itself a seperate brand and not a competitor. Only then will wrestling fans see it as a viable alternative

14,519 Posts
Not at all. Dixie and Bischoff can't realise that they can live alongside WWE. Hell, TNA and WWE could have a healthy relationship between each other if they wanted to. But no, EB is trying to relive the WCW days and Dixie has been fed bullshit stories by him, Russo, Hogan etc.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
They already tried that. Their goal should just be to be a successful business. There are fast food places not as big as McDonalds, but are still successful and turn a respectable profit.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
i think if really HAVE to go agaisnt WWE why not compete with smackdown? .... just a thought
Back at the start of 2010, I said that if TNA insisted on going head-to-head with WWE they should've gone against ECW first. In fact I'd been saying that they should do that for a while.

In hindsight, if TNA had have established themselves in that timeslot, the first season of NXT would have been under serious threat and the past year of WWE's main angles and focus on youth might never have been able to come to fruition (Miz, Bryan, Barrett, Nexus, Cole etc.).

Of course TNA had to shoot their load all at once, instead of taking things one step at a time.

All-in-all, they do need to concentrate on themselves, primarily, but they are competing with WWE for the PPV dollar. The Monday Night move did massive damage to their ability to do that successfully. It reflected really badly on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.