Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the problems with bound for glory were not really a creative problem it was a finish problem and that falls on the agents.

So do al snow, Simon diamond, ect. Need to go and who would replace them?

Even Russo in a shoot interview had people bitching about finishes and he said he had nothing to do with finishes. That was the agents.

Let's be real tna has had a finish problem for a while now, last night just exposed how bad it really is and bad the agents are at their job.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Re: Do Tna need new agents?

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. If TNA's agents are responsible for constructing the match then that's where the problem lies. The matches in TNA have some great spots and the wrestlers perform some cool moves and combinations that you don't see in the other company, but man, the finishes are usually so weak. Sometimes, they just come out of nowhere. TNA's matches also don't tell a great story. Another issue is that I feel certain matches aren't given as much time as they should get. Magnus-Sting got 11 minutes, and they were comparing that to the 45 minute classic that was Sting-Flair? Not saying that they should've gone 40 minutes, they should've gotten at least 20. Unfortunately though, I don't feel TNA are very good at telling stories in the ring. If you are able to tell a great story, you can have a classic in 20 minutes, but I don't think Sting-Magnus were capable of that either way. Not because Sting is old, it's because the matches aren't constructed better.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts

It's not just the finishes, the majority of the matches suck as a whole, tbh.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

I thought the ideas for the finishes were fine, the execution was shit though.

By the time Jeff Hard realised Velvet was distracting him, Sabin should've been pulling the belt down. Instead you had that awkward struggle for the belt. That looked so anti-climatic.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Magnus-Sting got 11 minutes, and they were comparing that to the 45 minute classic that was Sting-Flair? Not saying that they should've gone 40 minutes, they should've gotten at least 20. Unfortunately though, I don't feel TNA are very good at telling stories in the ring. If you are able to tell a great story, you can have a classic in 20 minutes, but I don't think Sting-Magnus were capable of that either way. Not because Sting is old, it's because the matches aren't constructed better.
I think Sting being old is a big part of it though. The guy isn't in the shape he as 15 years ago anymore. Definitely not the shape he was in 20 years back and he's ok with that. He doesn't seem to even be really into it and you see his shoulder killing him during his entire match. He seems so sloppy and uncoordinated in that match that it was sad to watch I'm actually glad it was as short as it was. It was embarrassing to watch after a point.

TNA staff needs an entire overhaul. Agent wise AND creatively.
Pretty much. A new marketing team might help too.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
They need new agents and they need young talent. Im not talking about AJ styles, Samoa Joe, those type. Im talking about new homegrown talent. Roode and Aries are good, but those two alone aren't going to put TNA over the hump.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Better road agents, creative, and a long term direction.

Sting can't work a forty minute match. He can't even do his submission finisher anymore.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
A lot of the problems with bound for glory were not really a creative problem it was a finish problem and that falls on the agents.

So do al snow, Simon diamond, ect. Need to go and who would replace them?

Even Russo in a shoot interview had people bitching about finishes and he said he had nothing to do with finishes. That was the agents.

Let's be real tna has had a finish problem for a while now, last night just exposed how bad it really is and bad the agents are at their job.
Double J was backstage working as an agent as well. But yes, flat anti-climatic finishes and poorly put together matches...it's time for an agent overhaul.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
I guess I don't know the details of a agents job.I thought they keep the wrestlers organized where they need to be ect organizing rides amd flights.

Why would a agent book the finish of a match? Wouldn't that be creative?

I agree they need a over haul back stage.how can you let one contract after another right out

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
TNA's perfect Road Agent team: Tommy Dreamer, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn. Those 3 combined is pretty much the best you can possibly get. Optionally you can also try to get Finlay onboard, if he is still available.

For the creative team i would try to get Raven. Yeah i know he had a drug problem in the past and he is bonifide asshole. But he had great ideas in the past and he understands perfectly what the fans want. Naturally you dont want him in charge of creative, but having him around for ideas is usefull.

·
Registered
259 Posts
TNA's perfect Road Agent team: Tommy Dreamer, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn. Those 3 combined is pretty much the best you can possibly get. Optionally you can also try to get Finlay onboard, if he is still available.

For the creative team i would try to get Raven. Yeah i know he had a drug problem in the past and he is bonifide asshole. But he had great ideas in the past and he understands perfectly what the fans want. Naturally you dont want him in charge of creative, but having him around for ideas is usefull.
Sounds quite good. Don't know about Ravens creative ability. What has he done?
I think TNA should get Scott D'amore back!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I didn't even know it was an agent that put in how a match was to be finished. I would think that was creative/booking. if you're creative and booking matches, wouldn't you want your stamp to also be on how the match finishes? how a match finishes is probably one of the things you're going to remember the most. more than most of what happens during the match.

searching google for wrestling agents, this is what it says under the first link.
In professional wrestling, a road agent is an employee who travels with the wrestlers and acts as a liaison between the wrestlers and management. A road agent also helps plan matches and storylines.
helping plan matches and storylines I think would be different than making absolute what the final finish will be.

·
Registered
114 Posts
An agent listens to the creative team.

Creative tells them what they want (who's over and clean or what) and the agents come up with the finish.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
The agents don't come up with finishes, creative does. The agents bring the finish to life. They organize it. Agents are the middle man between wrestlers and the creative team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts