Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Because of his Wrestling Ability or cause hes Entertaining on the Mic?

Ahh you people never change,still loving your young cocky Heels

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Re: Do People want to see Mix as Champion.....

Umm, who?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: Do People want to see Mix as Champion.....

Both, quite frankly. Granted, The Miz is no Chris Jericho or Shawn Michaels in the ring, but his in-ring work and his work in general has improved drastically over the last couple of years. He's excellent on the mic and he's even got the crowd hating him and singing his catchphrase along with him. He's clearly entertaining to many. He has the charisma and plenty enough wrestling talent to be WWE Champion and be at the top of the brand.

As far as liking the "young, cocky heels" thing, the reason is pretty simple from where I stand: it's not boring. I see all of these face wrestlers like John Cena, Triple H, and Rey Mysterio and they bore me. I've always enjoyed the heels much more than the faces because they're not so cut and dry. The heels really get colorful and guys like The Miz, Chris Jericho and CM Punk are good examples of that in this day and age.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
his wrestling ability isnt bad but its not anything special either. i can see the miz as the champion sometime in the future because of his ability to entertain. and his entertainment lies within his mic skills. i cant see him having a long reign, but maybe an edge type reign..a short run here and there but multiple times

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't want to see him as Champion at this point. Maybe in the future if I can get behind that he could be a credible champion over the likes of Cena, Orton, Triple H, Edge or even Sheamus, but I don't believe that right now. It's like when Swagger and Punk where Champions. They pretty much were weak champions who would lose cleanly on free TV (more than once infact). Thats how I feel Miz would be used right now if he were to be WWE Champion.

Sure, hes got it going with the mic. ability and the catchphrases, but I still think that he is overrated. I don't blame anyone though, because he is one of the few midcarders that looks to have a good promising shot in the WWE. He has improved on his wrestling ability, but I don't think that he is "there" yet on being a WWE Champion.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I don't want to see him as champion. Too many performers are being given the title at the moment. The title has been passed around from person to person, meaningless reign to meaningless reign, for too long! There was a time when only the biggest and best got to be champion. These days they seem happy to slap the strap around the waste of every flavour of the month. I don't mean to be rude but why the fuck were Jack Swagger and Sheamus given championship reigns at this stage of their career? Sure, they're entertaining but certainly NOT championship materiall at this early stage of their careers. CM Punk is a great performer but his championship reigns thus far have been terrible. It's as if WWE is giving people the championship because they don't know what else to do with them. Look at the horrible Jeff Hardy era and the numerous, pointless, short John Cena runs. WWE needs to find somebody worthy of the title and let them hold it for more than a few weeks. The man makes the title, not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
People don't want to see him as a Champion because he's a heel. That's sort of the point. He'd make a great Champion. The only problem I have with his in ring ability is the way he executes his finisher. It needs to hit harder and be more devastating. Other then that, he's awesome. He's a star.

·
Asuka
96,218 Posts
I want him as world champion because he's entertaining as hell on the mic.

Why would I give a damn who's the best play-fighter? This isn't UFC, it's pretend, fiction, make believe. The only way to measure a superstar's value in a fake sport is by another factor and that's entertainment value.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I don't want to see him as champion. Too many performers are being given the title at the moment. The title has been passed around from person to person, meaningless reign to meaningless reign, for too long! There was a time when only the biggest and best got to be champion. These days they seem happy to slap the strap around the waste of every flavour of the month. I don't mean to be rude but why the fuck were Jack Swagger and Sheamus given championship reigns at this stage of their career? Sure, they're entertaining but certainly NOT championship materiall at this early stage of their careers. CM Punk is a great performer but his championship reigns thus far have been terrible. It's as if WWE is giving people the championship because they don't know what else to do with them. Look at the horrible Jeff Hardy era and the numerous, pointless, short John Cena runs. WWE needs to find somebody worthy of the title and let them hold it for more than a few weeks. The man makes the title, not the other way around.
I agree in theory with your post. But bottomline, you've gotta put the belt on someone who can hold it and bring value to it. Champions need to hold onto their belts and only lose them when their run is REALLY complete. Long Feuds, Good Matches, Good Storylines,etc..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can agree with the short lived title reigns, it's gotten to the Any Given Sunday mantality .. Which yes, getting the WWE Championship is an accomplishment indeed, HOWEVER what will define you as a Champion is how one will defend the Championship.
I thinks Miz is entertaining but dont really see him as a WWE Champion right now. In the future it is definately plausable.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Pyro™;8595746 said:
I want him as world champion because he's entertaining as hell on the mic.

Why would I give a damn who's the best play-fighter? This isn't UFC, it's pretend, fiction, make believe. The only way to measure a superstar's value in a fake sport is by another factor and that's entertainment value.
So are you disregarding the fact that pro wrestling, is an art form in some ways and that people like Chris Jericho, Chris Beniot and others who have had to go through hell to learn their craft and to you are nothing but play fighters. It's pre-determined yes but one should not disregard the hard work put in by all the wrestlers who have stepped foot in the squared cicle.

But anyway, I don't really mind if The Miz becomes WWE Champion. But first i'd like to see him in a main event fued beforehand and lose the US Championship.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I don't want to see The Miz as champion...

If I did the only possible reason would be because he has great charisma and mic skills, not that he actually entertains me anymore.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
So are you disregarding the fact that pro wrestling, is an art form in some ways and that people like Chris Jericho, Chris Beniot and others who have had to go through hell to learn their craft and to you are nothing but play fighters. It's pre-determined yes but one should not disregard the hard work put in by all the wrestlers who have stepped foot in the squared cicle.

But anyway, I don't really mind if The Miz becomes WWE Champion. But first i'd like to see him in a main event fued beforehand and lose the US Championship.
I agree with this. This is world WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT. Therefore the wrestling and entertainment aspects being a focal point. It's not all to do with being able to talk on the mic in the slightest. Guys like Bret Hart and Benoit have become legends (obviously not Benoit in WWEs eyes) just because they are amazing in the ring. People have to work for years at the craft, surely that's got to count for something.

On the Miz topic. I don't want to see him as champion. I found his act entertaining when it first started last year when he went solo, but now, it's become a little tired and repetetive for me. And as a person who actually prefers ring work to promo work, I don't want to see Miz main event on a PPV.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
NO....at least not anytime soon

he's fine where he's at right now

could you imagine how embarrassing it would be, if one of his matches for the World Championship got booed like his last PPV match?

·
Registered
545 Posts
NO. Not yet anyway, maybe in a few years after he gets better in the ring. If he got the belt now he would flop harder than Jack Swagger

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
NO!
miz is lame in the ring. You need to do more than kick people for 5 minuets then put a headlock on someone for you to be taken seriously as champion.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So because somebody is good on the mic therefore they should be champion? shit, why dont we just bring back Jason Sensation and give him the strap for 10 years,

to be honest,nobody really gives a shit about the Miz,only internet wrestling fans or "Dirt Sheets" or whatever Michael Cole calls them,and WWE HATE Internet wrestling fans,WWE like fans who coem to the show with there kids and buy a Cena t-shirt, therefore will only but the strap on either Cena,Edge,Orton,Jericho,Sheamus or Punk..Miz just isnt in there league yet

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I think they should keep him on Raw in some US Title fueds to build himself up more, and occasionally come out with an aggressive side like his R-Truth beatdown. Then by 2011 draft him to Smackdown and give him some Intercontinental or tag team fueds, if he's stil interesting by then they should let him win the Smackdown MITB at the MITB PPV in 2011.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts