Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Fearless University Graduate
It's always the indys... work rate is my shit. And baron is actually pretty fun to watch in the ring for a big guy. IMO it's everything else that sucks about him. Mostly things indy darlings dont get rated for anyways...

Maybe most people just dont like baron corbin?
Most fans act like most Indy darlings excel at everything though. Just look at every Rollins fan that acts like Seth is good-great at everything.

The Babyface of WF
Most fans act like most Indy darlings excel at everything though. Just look at every Rollins fan that acts like Seth is good-great at everything.
Because he is good, He's not a huge draw but that doesn't take away anything from his credibility as an all around performer.

His true ceiling isn't Main Event it's Upper Midcard at best judging his overall talent, The company pushes him the way they see fit which is why people despise him either for that very reason or they have a very subjective opinion on his ability to perform.

Fearless University Graduate
Because he is good, He's not a huge draw but that doesn't take away anything from his credibility as an all around performer.

His true ceiling isn't Main Event it's Upper Midcard at best judging his overall talent, The company pushes him the way they see fit which is why people despise him either for that very reason or they have a very subjective opinion on his ability to perform.
Whats he good at? His promo work is even worse now than it used to be, and at his best he was still really bland and emotionless.

Registered
Baron Corbin should be the main man in a midcard that's actually booked properly and not like the wasteland WWE actually books one as. The guy the top stars beat but still has a ton of credibility in his own right and maybe if really lucky a transitional world title reign.

The Babyface of WF
Whats he good at? His promo work is even worse now than it used to be, and at his best he was still really bland and emotionless.
That is an example of subjective especially now, His current gimmick doesn't require a flashy personality it's obvious he doesn't resonate as a Charismatic showman but he doesn't need to be to make it in wrestling people are just warped by his position in the company.

Asking me what exactly is he good at is like me asking exactly what The Miz is good at, Stupid question really.

Registered

Can we really consider seth an indy darling anymore? I know his roots, but especially after the last couple of years on social media, I thought at the last hive mind indy love club meeting we said we were done with seth? Maybe I missed that memo..

Registered
It's hard to tell. Most of the "fans" of Baron Corbin were just trolls and Seth haters, the same people that were loving Lacey at the time and also hating Becky. Then you have to factor in how short-sighted a lot of wrestling fans are where their fandom leads to being delusional about their favorite wrestler.

I feel if you're a real fan of someone then you accept their limitations. Constantly comparing Baron Corbin to Seth Rollins does a disservice to Corbin because it just makes him look that much worst, it'd be like comparing Mandy Rose or Lana to Charlotte or even Alexa Bliss.

Baron Corbin is fine as an upper mid-card heel used to put over more popular acts. They tried to have Corbin in the main event scene and it simply didn't work. Mid-Card is his limit.

Registered
Out of all the time both have been with the company and all the Baron Corbin threads, you happen to make the comparison the day after he makes a video saying it. Lol. Not hating or anything. I love Brian so it popped me if anything.
He's the best.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts