Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy really has proven that he is boring corbin and is not charismatic and passionate enough for me to see much appeal in him. Im sorry but its laughable to me when people think he should be world champion right now. I definitely think hes fine as a mid carder unless he develops a mildly entertaining personality.

·
it's a tarp!
5,102 Posts
Do people want to pay to see him? No.
Do people buy his merch? No.
Does his 'heat' get his opponents over beyond his segment? No.
Can he put on matches people want to see? No.
Does he have any dream matches? No.
Is he popular in a region? No, not even Kansas.

I guess that's a no.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,149 Posts
Do people want to pay to see him? No.
Do people buy his merch? No.
Does his 'heat' get his opponents over beyond his segment? No.
Can he put on matches people want to see? No.
Does he have any dream matches? No.
Is he popular in a region? No, not even Kansas.

I guess that's a no.

Uh, you can attribute that same checklist to about 98 percent of the roster. And heels arent supposed to sell merch. Back in the 90s the merch check was a reason a lot of guys would fight with bookers and promoters about not turning heel. You seem to have a pretty far reaching and definitive opinion. Not sure where your deity like authority comes from to state any of these things, but okay.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure. What would it hurt? He's better than Strowman.
Braun doesnt put me to sleep when he talks. Corbin cuts these monotonous contrived promos that dont come across effectively especially with that gimmick that doesnt suit him.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,149 Posts
Braun doesnt put me to sleep when he talks. Corbin cuts these monotonous contrived promos that dont come across effectively especially with that gimmick that doesnt suit him.
Corbin is one of the better promos and has some of the best facials in the company. Now if you wanna argue the state of the talent in the company, thats another thing alltogether.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Corbin is one of the better promos and has some of the best facials in the company. Now if you wanna argue the state of the talent in the company, thats another thing alltogether.
I highly disagree. But to each their own. Styles, Mcintyre even Braun can seem more convincing than Corbin. The guy sounds like hes reading his lines half the time. Hardly any emotion or passion.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,149 Posts
I highly disagree. But to each their own. Styles, Mcintyre even Braun can seem more convincing than Corbin. The guy sounds like hes reading his lines half the time. Hardly any emotion or passion.
I dont think Corbin is an awesome promo. But he's more than passable and thats better than 70 percent of the roster. Mainly because most of these guys they sign never learned to cut a promo or develop a character and rely on flips and movez to get them through. They get some highlight packages thrown on YouTube and everyone nuts because they can do a 720 in front of 150 people. (Ricochet, Crews, Alexander, etc.)

·
The Babyface of WF
12,203 Posts
I'm not his biggest advocate but he can really go when he gets into second gear, He's underrated in that manner concerning Workrate.

He's a strong foil to the Top Babyface of any brand but as a World Champion he's probably bound to just be a transitional plot device.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,222 Posts
I'm not a big fan of King Corbin so no I don't think he should be champion. WWE will make him champion though. Probably by the end of the year.

Reactions: bradboyd

·
Registered
24,044 Posts
King corbin should be nowhere near a championship. But Baron Corbin? The Baron Corbin who had a great run in the KOTR and has proven he can be a really good wrestler and a guy who could be a threat if they didn't book him like a goof?

Sure, that guy if built properly could be a champion and a good one.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,420 Posts
When Rollins is a constant Main Eventer, when McIntyre is a WreslteMania Main Eventer, there's no logical reason for people to claim Corbin isn't good enough.

I get it though he's not Indyriffic, people loathe him because of that and like how people pretend Rollins is a God tier Pro Wrestler, they pretend Corbin has zero talent whatsoever. As an aside thats what all the fickle smarks did with The Miz for a decade until it became cool to jump on his bandwagon briefly. The Mid-Card would be his ceiling in any other Era I admit, but in the Geek Era, in the 'doing flips is a personality' Era Baron is easily Main Event calibre. He excels in the ring when he can work as a bully against a smaller babyface. Despite the claims of people who think Seth Rollins is a quality promo Corbin is a decent-good promo. He actually speaks with some emotion to his voice, hes not just another robot.

Sadly a few do. In any other era, he'd be a jobber and nothing more. Hell, he's still lost half his matches even in this era and is still only one notch above jobber. This guy doesn't need to go anywhere near a world title.
I mean this statement is true for 99% of the current roster. Untalented garbage like Reigns, Rollins, McIntyre, etc would be lucky to be local jobbers in any other Era.

·
Registered
885 Posts
When Rollins is a constant Main Eventer, when McIntyre is a WreslteMania Main Eventer, there's no logical reason for people to claim Corbin isn't good enough.

I get it though he's not Indyriffic, people loathe him because of that and like how people pretend Rollins is a God tier Pro Wrestler, they pretend Corbin has zero talent whatsoever. As an aside thats what all the fickle smarks did with The Miz for a decade until it became cool to jump on his bandwagon briefly. The Mid-Card would be his ceiling in any other Era I admit, but in the Geek Era, in the 'doing flips is a personality' Era Baron is easily Main Event calibre. He excels in the ring when he can work as a bully against a smaller babyface. Despite the claims of people who think Seth Rollins is a quality promo Corbin is a decent-good promo. He actually speaks with some emotion to his voice, hes not just another robot.

I mean this statement is true for 99% of the current roster. Untalented garbage like Reigns, Rollins, McIntyre, etc would be lucky to be local jobbers in any other Era.

It's always the indys... work rate is my shit. And baron is actually pretty fun to watch in the ring for a big guy. IMO it's everything else that sucks about him. Mostly things indy darlings dont get rated for anyways...

Maybe most people just dont like baron corbin?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I think the problem has to do more with the King Gimmick then Corbin himself. I always liked Corbin before he won KOTR

He’s good on the Mic when he’s not cutting King promos. World Champion in the future? Why Not? Somebody brought up that he would be a jobber in another Era. Well I can say that about most the current talent.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol i don't get it... the guy is not an exciting promo or personality. Hes better than Reigns and thats what drew me to him. He has his on days but quite a few offs. If alot of the roster cut improv promos (which are noticably non existent these days)there might be more excitement and passion. Unfortunately there arent alot of solid promo guys in this company and thats fine, but its a little weird to have stale promo guys go for a world title. Thats apart of the reason why i bash Reigns like I do lol. People really do benefit from acting classes see The Miz and Sonya as examples. Amazing promo delivery from them two. Not to say Corbin doesnt have any redeeming qualities in terms of his speaking ability. When he was yelling at Elias before he threw him off the stage, that was entertaining . Heel Ricochet couldnt pull that off.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts