Cena or Punk ahead of the Undertaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously? I see people in the thread "Will CM Punk reach the levels of Hogan/Rock/Austin and few people have John Cena at that level with Hogan/Rock/Austin (LOL) and not the Undertaker.

Y'know, I know a lot of people seem to think the Undertaker was never really the "face" of the company, and he was not very often. Maybe in 94-96 with Bret and HBK, and maybe here and there, over the "Cena years" (certainly more over than Cena) but he's always been way over. Ridiculously over. Like, the one guy who almost never gets booed, even when he's supposedly a heel. It's like fans are afraid if they boo, he'll roll into the crowd and knock you out.

How the hell is John Cena or CM Punk considered ahead of The Undertaker? I mean, to not list the Deadman, and to try and promote them to that prestigious top tier of Hogan/Rock/Austin that most people seem to agree on, is laughable in my mind.

Am I wrong on this? My sig may seem bias, but I have The Undertaker on that Hogan/Rock/Cena level more than I do the second tier with Triple H, HBK and Flair. Never the biggest merchandise seller, always willing to let someone else have the limelight, but he's been the unquestioned backstage leader of WWE for a large majority of his career with quite possibly the greatest gimmick in the history of wrestling.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If we are talking about the biggest names in WWE history then Taker is number 4 after Hogan/Rock/Austin.
Overall (for me) Taker is the greatest of all time with Ric Flair and HBK.
Taker has done it all..he was a top draw and the cornerstone of the WWE for 21 years..Undertaker was never really the "face" of the company (Although he was the top guy in 1997) but alot of people who never watch wrestling know who The Undertaker is.He is the greatest big man ever,the most respected wrestler ever and he had the greatest gimmick in the history of wrestling.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The Undertaker probably deserves to be on the top tier with Hogan/Austin/Rock

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
do you know taker was not that big just a few years ago till batista gave em a match. on top of that whats even more surprising is that takers not on top of shawn considering he did the attitude era. cenas done 10 years now and he still has another 10 left in him so he will surely overtake taker at some point. punk i dont know.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
do you know taker was not that big just a few years ago till batista gave em a match. on top of that whats even more surprising is that takers not on top of shawn considering he did the attitude era. cenas done 10 years now and he still has another 10 left in him so he will surely overtake taker at some point. punk i dont know.
:no::no::no::no::no::no:

Either way, regardless of what people said about this matter, Taker is on the top of the tier no matter what.

In late 2007, WWE.com held a poll to determine who is RAW's biggest all time legend, Taker won it.

In early 2009, WWE.com held a poll to find out the biggest Wrestlemania legend of all time and celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania, Taker also won it.

Taker is ahead of Cena & Punk, no question.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
In terms of what, value to the company or personal entertainment? Personally, I prefer Punk's work for the most part, but I think it would be utterly ridiculous to suggest he held the prestige or accolades of a guy like Taker.

·
Registered
183 Posts
As things stand right now it isn't even close. Taker higher and by a long shot.

I think Cena has a decent stretch still left in him (at least another 10 years I'd guess) so who knows, maybe he'll be on Takers level when the twilight of his career approaches.

Punk though, I just don't see him getting to that level. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
The Undertaker doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Austin, Rock or Hogan. He will never be and so are HHH and HBK. He reached his height. He was never THE man of an era. His streak was only marketable the last years, before that it was mostly a list of jobbers he beated.

I do think Undertaker isn;t any lower or higher on the list than John Cena however since that option is not on the poll I had to go with option 1. I don;t know how Punk's career will work out i hope he gets ahead of them both it's not very clear yet.

Reactions: Brisbayne

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
The Undertaker doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Austin, Rock or Hogan. He will never be and so are HHH and HBK. He reached his height. He was never THE man of an era. His streak was only marketable the last years, before that it was mostly a list of jobbers he beated.

I do think Undertaker isn;t any lower or higher on the list than John Cena however since that option is not on the poll I had to go with option 1. I don;t know how Punk's career will work out i hope he gets ahead of them both it's not very clear yet.
Sums up my feelings Hogan/Rock.Austin (whichever order you want to put them) are the top tier and I really doubt anyone will ever get to that level, I know I have said Cena could but the more I look at it those 3 will always be the top teir and comparing people to them is kind of pointless.

Taker is right at the top of the next teir though along with guys like HHH, HBK, and this is where Cena fits in. Punks final spot on these lists is still be determined IMO.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I can see the argument for Cena given the fact he's been the #1 guy for some time now but I can't see anyone having Punk ranked ahead of The Undertaker all-time.

As for me I have the Undertaker ahead by a slim margin over Cena and a wide margin over Punk on my all-time list.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
As i always state I believe Undertaker is and always will be the 4th G.O.A.T with a little lee-way between 1 2 and 3, aswell as some people wanting to shuffle Taker and HBK I believe the top 8 are along these lines.

Hogan, Austin, Rock, Taker, HBK, HHH, Flair, Cena

Now i believe Cena COULD catch up with flair and HHH but I don't believe he will touch the top 5. CM Punk is only just starting his career as a serious main eventer. How can you even start to consider him one of the GOAT?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.