Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is perhaps a dumb question but I was wondering if most of the wrestlers attend each show or do they only go if they are scheduled for a match or promo?

I guess I'm curious what % of each roster (RAW/Smackdown) is backstage for each taping. If they only have 20 guys scheduled to wrestle and make promos, do they give the rest of the guys the night off? Or is the whole roster backstage even if they aren't scheduled to do anything that night?

thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is perhaps a dumb question but I was wondering if most of the wrestlers attend each show or do they only go if they are scheduled for a match or promo?

I guess I'm curious what % of each roster (RAW/Smackdown) is backstage for each taping. If they only have 20 guys scheduled to wrestle and make promos, do they give the rest of the guys the night off? Or is the whole roster backstage even if they aren't scheduled to do anything that night?

thanks
I would think the ones that are not scheduled to wrestle wont be there and the ones that are not needed, They may have a couple of them there incase of sickness etc and need to be thrown in quickly. House shows etc they give wrestlers time off and tell them not to come i suppose if they want to they can still turn up. Take Sheamus for instance HHH said even the shows he wasnt meant to be there he would still turn up to show commitment etc

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
look at the schedule on the website, that should give you somewhat of a better understanding.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would think the ones that are not scheduled to wrestle wont be there and the ones that are not needed, They may have a couple of them there incase of sickness etc and need to be thrown in quickly. House shows etc they give wrestlers time off and tell them not to come i suppose if they want to they can still turn up. Take Sheamus for instance HHH said even the shows he wasnt meant to be there he would still turn up to show commitment etc
My bet is this is why he was catapulted to Main Event status so quickly, he showed commitment to the company. Which in the end is really what gives old Vince a joygasm... that and rolling in his pile(s) of money :\

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
It's in their contract for everyone to be there at any given time. Batista said in his book that he got into some deep trouble because he thought he didn't have to show since he wasn't on the card.

A good example is John Morrison at Night of Champions 2007, They just threw him in the match with CM Punk last minute when they found out Benoit wasn't there.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's in their contract for everyone to be there at any given time. Batista said in his book that he got into some deep trouble because he thought he didn't have to show since he wasn't on the card.

A good example is John Morrison at Night of Champions 2007, They just threw him in the match with CM Punk last minute when they found out Benoit wasn't there.
Most of the talent is backstage at PPVs and Shows i'd imagine, for this sort of reason. If somebody no shows, or is late or something happens like they break down en route. And we've seen the like of Michael Tarver hanging around backstage.

Plus there's dark matches etc to fill.

As for Raw talent being backstage at Smackdown, I dont see why? Unless they're doing sexual favours for Triple H or are involved in the creative process (like HHH is) But I cant see Orton or someone being there just because.......unless they're on the show.

·
Registered
403 Posts
They always got to be there as backups in case they need to throw someone into a match at the last minute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts