Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I know I've been neglecting this thread for a while, but I have noticed that there isn't much debate about how talented and useful Charlotte is. I think that's a good thing. She was the highlight of the Raw women at Mania. She'll help revitalize the SD division if the rumours of her switch are true.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I know I've been neglecting this thread for a while, but I have noticed that there isn't much debate about how talented and useful Charlotte is. I think that's a good thing. She was the highlight of the Raw women at Mania. She'll help revitalize the SD division if the rumours of her switch are true.
She is the best women they have, however they give her too much shine in matches, and it's making people like her too much. Bayley was barley allowed any offense at Mania yet she was the one winning.

Compare that to when she won the title on RAW, and Bayley was getting all the offense in the last third, and unsurprisingly the crowd got super behind her, like they should be.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
She is the best women they have, however they give her too much shine in matches, and it's making people like her too much. Bayley was barley allowed any offense at Mania yet she was the one winning.

Compare that to when she won the title on RAW, and Bayley was getting all the offense in the last third, and unsurprisingly the crowd got super behind her, like they should be.
To be fair the heels are supposed to control the offense in matches so at Mania with the small amount of time they got I don't have an issue with the layout and being it being a multiwoman match contributed to tit too. They do let her shine too much as a whole and I think that she should stop going for the moonsault/corkscrew moonsault as often as she does. Maybe go back to the more arrogant heel sometimes during matches.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
To be fair the heels are supposed to control the offense in matches so at Mania with the small amount of time they got I don't have an issue with the layout and being it being a multiwoman match contributed to tit too. They do let her shine too much as a whole and I think that she should stop going for the moonsault/corkscrew moonsault as often as she does. Maybe go back to the more arrogant heel sometimes during matches.
Yeah, Control the pace Charlotte is the perfect heel.

It's just the athletic stuff where she's out babyfacing the babyfaces. Sasha goes flying over the top onto Bayley, and then 2 seconds later Charlotte goes "Oh yeah? Well watch this, I can top that".

I mean I get why she does it because she wants the holy shit chants, and the "They're raising the bar!" stuff. But it's hard for people not to just go "OMG Charlotte is the best" after that, even though they should be hating her guts.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
I think she finds a great balance and uses her athleticism sparingly enough. The moonsault isn't even that big of a deal. Angle and Vader have both used it as heels off the top of my head. She's only done the corkscrew twice(I've missed some Raw episodes so I may be wrong here) and one was the first time her and Sasha main eventers Raw and the other was at Mania. Her gimmick is that she's genetically superior. Only makes sense to remind the audience of that from time to time.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I think that the problem with her doing the moonsault is that it "pops" the crowd instead of getting them to dislike her. So few women in WWE have a spot like it so it can be counterproductive to her being a heel. The corkscrew variant at Mania was unnecessary and screamed spot for the sake of a spot. I think whoever laid the match out is silly for planning that spot. I think she should be even more sparing with them than she has been. I mean it's a very minor complaint really. This is an indication of how good she is because we are literally asking her to stop doing a move that accentuates how talented she is.

I mean where else do you see anybody going "damn they are too good they should tone it down a little."

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
Count me in the minority who thinks she is sexy. She's the best female wrestler in the WWE by far and that includes NXT.
I think she's absolutely stunning. Her smile gets me every time I see it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I think that the problem with her doing the moonsault is that it "pops" the crowd instead of getting them to dislike her. So few women in WWE have a spot like it so it can be counterproductive to her being a heel. The corkscrew variant at Mania was unnecessary and screamed spot for the sake of a spot. I think whoever laid the match out is silly for planning that spot. I think she should be even more sparing with them than she has been. I mean it's a very minor complaint really. This is an indication of how good she is because we are literally asking her to stop doing a move that accentuates how talented she is.

I mean where else do you see anybody going "damn they are too good they should tone it down a little."
So you want her to be some generic heel that doesn't truly stand out?

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts

I see that argument and at one time I felt the exact same way. AJ's current heel run has softened me on this some. I guess that today's product involves so much more athleticism when compared to the old days and I just don't see an issue with heels showing off some, too. Sparingly, though. Plus I genuinely believe that they will turn her face one day and an appreciation amongst the audience for her abilities will help that along.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I see that argument and at one time I felt the exact same way. AJ's current heel run has softened me on this some. I guess that today's product involves so much more athleticism when compared to the old days and I just don't see an issue with heels showing off some, too. Sparingly, though. Plus I genuinely believe that they will turn her face one day and an appreciation amongst the audience for her abilities will help that along.
Ronda Rousey/Charlotte match needs to happen. But, I want a double turn match a la Stone Cold/Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13.

That could potentially be Main Event material. Ronda Rousey could do for Women's Wrestling what she did for Women's MMA.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
So you want her to be some generic heel that doesn't truly stand out?
There is a difference between standing out and being counterproductive to her alignmnent. I never said don't do it, just never use it just for the sake of using it. At Mania it was just a sot that was there because they wanted to put a spot there. She has gotten so good with the way she uses her body language, that if she stays heel for another long period that the moonsault is an unneecessary spot unless the situation calls for it. Like Genetically Superior said if they turn her face it will have more of a positive effect because the pop it garners fits her alignment.

I won't liken Styles' work as a heel to hers because there is nothing heel about Styles her rarely generates heat he has a pure babyface moveset. Where as Charlotte actually garners heat,which makes er an infinitely better heel than 98% of the heels in WWE rght now.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
There is a difference between standing out and being counterproductive to her alignmnent. I never said don't do it, just never use it just for the sake of using it. At Mania it was just a sot that was there because they wanted to put a spot there. She has gotten so good with the way she uses her body language, that if she stays heel for another long period that the moonsault is an unneecessary spot unless the situation calls for it. Like Genetically Superior said if they turn her face it will have more of a positive effect because the pop it garners fits her alignment.

I won't liken Styles' work as a heel to hers because there is nothing heel about Styles her rarely generates heat he has a pure babyface moveset. Where as Charlotte actually garners heat,which makes er an infinitely better heel than 98% of the heels in WWE rght now.
As someone else has pointed out she has only used the corkscrew moonsault like twice now at least on a televised show.

Its expected at this point that she does at least some variation of a moonsault and lets face it her moonsault is probably the best in the business right now. Freaking flawless.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
Ronda Rousey/Charlotte match needs to happen. But, I want a double turn match a la Stone Cold/Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13.

That could potentially be Main Event material. Ronda Rousey could do for Women's Wrestling what she did for Women's MMA.
It's my dream match. As long as Charlotte gets a win in there somewhere. Even it ends up 1-1 or I could even live with 2-1 as the exposure it would get her outside of the company could really help her. She's the only one on the roster that could even come lose to looking legit against Rousey with her size, build and abilities. Nia has the size but that's it. Becky has the abilities, but that's it. The rest would just look laughable out there against her.

I'd also love to see her face Stephanie in what would probably be Stephanie's last match, but she'd have to prove that she could get over a face before that could really work. Or they could take a gamble and try to use Steph to facilitate a face turn. That's down the road a bit though. Right now I'm just hoping she goes to SD and gets to have a program with both Becky and Mickie.

101 - 120 of 507 Posts