Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me? Like..All I think about when these two guys come out is..Welp..Here come two Barry Horowitz's with muscles.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
They are developmental talents at the very start of their careers. In the old territory days guys like this would be jobbing to the established stars and teams to gain experience. So if they seem like jobbers, it's probably because they are. The only difference now is that we have NXT, which allows guys like this time to develop into something more than jobbers before they are thrown onto the main roster.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
They didn't seem like jobbers until they got hit with the name change disease.

Need to make a stable with Big E, Cesaro, and Rusev IMO.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
To be honest, that's the problem I have with NXT as an entire promotion. EVERYBODY feels like a jobber, except for Owens and Balor, and I guess Corbin because you know what Vince is gonna say when he finds out he exists. They don't look like they have the next big thing down there, it just feels like a little fun, undercard, boutique promotion on the side, and when these guys get called up to the main roster, they're gonna be the next Adam Rose or Fandango.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
They are a little bland at the moment, but I think they will improve. They are ok in the ring, and they have plenty of time to develop characters while they are in NXT. I think they will be fine

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,628 Posts
Murphy does but I see a lot of potential in Blake to be honest. Not exactly sure why though.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I'm sure it'd be easier to tell the Usos apart as opposed to the twin jobbers down at NXT.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Buddy Murphy was good as Matt Silva on the independent scene. I watched his work around here in Melbourne and he's decent.

At the moment, they need time on the mic to develop a persona. They've been given the titles out of nowhere and while they went over Lucha Dragons again at Takeover, they haven't connected with the audience.

I don't know if I see a huge future with Murphy, he's good and I hope a fellow Aussie can do well, but unless they completely change his character I think he'll be just another no-name talent.

Reactions: AussieBoy97

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,755 Posts
All I know is that Blake (I think, the non Australian guy) has a nose that rivals that of Triple H, I have a hard time not chuckling a little when I see him.

Maybe that's why they're getting pushed to the tag titles, Triple H sees a little of himself in Blake's nose

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
They didn't seem like jobbers until they got hit with the name change disease.
This was a false report because they go by "Blake and Murphy" as a tag team name instead of "Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy".

Starting to think these posts are made just to annoy me and x78 tbh. :kobe

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Part of the problem is that they were jobbers for a while. They should have been built up to the titles a little better.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
To be honest, that's the problem I have with NXT as an entire promotion. EVERYBODY feels like a jobber, except for Owens and Balor, and I guess Corbin because you know what Vince is gonna say when he finds out he exists. They don't look like they have the next big thing down there, it just feels like a little fun, undercard, boutique promotion on the side, and when these guys get called up to the main roster, they're gonna be the next Adam Rose or Fandango.
Ambrose. Reigns. Rollins. Wyatt. Rusev.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This was a false report because they go by "Blake and Murphy" as a tag team name instead of "Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy".

Except, they did change their names?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't agree with all of that because I love NXT more than the main show, but the part about Corbin made me laugh. Just the idea that Vince has no idea what's happening down there and it's just a matter of time before he sees the cooler more badass white version of Reigns. I can just picture his eyes bugging out. I really like Corbin so far but he's also definitely a Vince type of guy (once he finds out he "exists", haha).

As for Blake and Murphy, they seem alright to me so far, but they need a name and a gimmick for me to like them fully. They look so similar, they should be kayfabe brothers. They don't need a fancy gimmick like the Ascension, but something as simple as The ______ Brothers would be good with me. Blake and Murphy is not a cool name.

If not brothers, pretty much any simple gimmick would work for me. Call them the Lumberjacks or the Vikings or the Pummelers or whatever, I'm just tired of tag teams who are just THIS GUY and THAT GUY. Way too bland.

Reactions: Reptilian

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts

No, I was making a genuine point this time. I don't think the name change was necessary.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.