Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, only issue I bought was the recent one with the Miz on the cover, and even then it was only because it had "John Morrison's 15-minute workout!" advertised on the cover and I wanted to see what it said.

Oh, and I've heard that Beth Phoenix owns practiaclly every issue since about 1993. Apparently.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used to have a subscription when I was a kid. But nowadays I only buy the WrestleMania collectors issue.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
I have a sub and get mine in the mail every month. The magazine really improved over the years and I enjoy reading it every month.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I used to but not for years. The last issue I bought had the report of the Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels Ladder Match in 1992.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought one when it relaunched (re-designed? The orange one with Batista on it). I read it only to find like 80% of it is about shit that isn't wrestling and is infact just a lot of goofy shit. Haven't picked one up since.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I get them now and again, I have a few from 03/05 laying around in my room, I did buy the most recent one because it had a awesome Orton poster i wanted, That Orton poster is now up on my wall.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Stopped buying them in 04 I think it was... I get the special issues though, like the Mania ones and the Roster Yearbook.

I tend to get FSM every month these days. Powerslam if there is anything decent on the front. and the specials from PWI.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i used to when i was a kid...but i don't think i've had one since i was like 13 or 14...95-96...and the last few i got were because there were pictures of sunny plastered all over them.

went back and looked online at old issues...generally speaking, the same 6 guys/tag teams were always on the cover...hogan, savage, warrior, bret hart and mr perfect was on the cover a lot too

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
The only WWE magazines I've ever bought was the May 2006 issue of SmackDown magazine that talked about who would be competing for the WHC in 2007.

The other two were the August 2006 WWE magazine with Batista on the cover and I think the September 2006 WWE Magazine with Trish on the cover.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The last time I bought a monthly issue was back in 2003 or 2004. It had Evolution on the cover, it might of just been a Raw Magazine. I used to buy every month from 96-02! Now I'll buy the WrestleMania ones for a collection.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Last time I bought the WWE magazine, I just felt insulted. The writing within it's pages just seemed very dumbed down and was blatantly catered towards children. I personally prefer to read Powerslam but as a broke student I don't really get that much any more.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Never.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
What's WWE magazine like now?

I remember it being a real child friendly brainwashing tool,complete with numerous promotional advertisements for merchandise and no acknowledgement of wrestling outside of the WWE "universe".I was into dirtsheets/non kayfabe magazines from the mid 90's onwards.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's WWE magazine like now?

I remember it being a real child friendly brainwashing tool,complete with numerous promotional advertisements for merchandise and no acknowledgement of wrestling outside of the WWE "universe".I was into dirtsheets/non kayfabe magazines from the mid 90's onwards.
Pretty much the same.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Last time I bought an issue was 2007. After the merge it went downhill fast: instead of in-depth PPV reports and interviews there were eating contest coverages and "funny" photoshop manipulations to name a couple. I have no idea of the mag's current approach to things, but hopefully it's more professional, as I was just considering a 12 month subscription.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts