Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been curious as to how people would react to a show with a diva's main event. Imagine if a PPV was headlined by 2 divas...

TWILIGHT ZONE'D!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wasn't there a Raw main event featuring a Diva's hardcore match? I believe it was Trish Stratus vs Lita. I remember it being a decent main event, and is more memorable than many other recent Raw main events. For a PPV though? I respect the divas, but there's not a chance I would buy it, especially for any current divas.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
If I had to pick one it would probably be Gail Kim, even though I'd rather the main event of a show not have divs's in it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
there's no such thing as a diva having the ability to main event a show.

there. Twilight Zone'd.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Until they put some thought and consideration into the divas division, no. I'll never get why WWE insist on putting matches like Alicia Fox vs Eve on PPV, when they could just as easily do Gail Kim vs Nattie and get a much MUCH better outcome.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Only two situations can happen for them to main event a show:

1) The name of the show is "Botchamania" in which the whole PPV is full of Divas

2) For one night the PG rating is suspended and the divas have a huge sex orgy as the main event.

Other than that, hell no.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Wasn't there a Raw main event featuring a Diva's hardcore match? I believe it was Trish Stratus vs Lita. I remember it being a decent main event, and is more memorable than many other recent Raw main events. For a PPV though? I respect the divas, but there's not a chance I would buy it, especially for any current divas.
If you recall, and I do, it was HEAVILY rumored Kane was returning during that main event. that's when the storyline with them and Edge was happening.

·
Yee
1,850 Posts
Everyone would have already left the arena prior to the main event knowing it was between diva's cuz they already knew that all the important stuff was over.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Everyone would have already left the arena prior to the main event knowing it was between diva's cuz they already knew that all the important stuff was over.
All comes down to the build up. If it's done properly over a period of 2 months and the matches during that time were of a far higher quality than normal then they could definitely main-event a Raw/Smackdown. PPV? That's a bridge too far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts