Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guys it's obvious how over they are - Cena, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, etc.

Others aren't quite as big, but they have their pockets of fans - Miz, Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, Ryback, etc.

But there's another group that makes me wonder if they even have fans. Guys like:

Los Matadors
Adam Rose
The Ascension
New Day
Darren Young
Curtis Axel
etc.

We all have wrestlers that we don't care about. Many of us have a lot. Just makes me wonder, who is the most universally disliked wrestlers?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Some guys it's obvious how over they are - Cena, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, etc.

Others aren't quite as big, but they have their pockets of fans - Miz, Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, Ryback, etc.

But there's another group that makes me wonder if they even have fans. Guys like:

Los Matadors
Adam Rose
The Ascension
New Day
Darren Young
Curtis Axel
etc.

We all have wrestlers that we don't care about. Many of us have a lot. Just makes me wonder, who is the most universally disliked wrestlers?
Well even Swagger has a fan on here, so....Just kidding. lol. But to answer you first question, I'd have to say everyone has at least one fan, even if it is their mother or child or whatever.

For you second question, I have no idea. I would think who's the most universally hated would change almost every month.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
I can't imagine those guys actually having fans (by definition), because they rarely get TV time and they don't make a strong enough impact to win people over, but people definitely appreciate some aspects of them (e.g. Curtis Axel is a great wrestler, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of his).

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm sure if you look hard enough, yeah, you'd find fans of just about everybody.

I, for one, am a fan of the Ascension, at least in concept. It didn't sound like they were being booked at all well on their ascension (HA! IT'S A PUN!) to the main roster, but that seems to have evened out some by the time of the tag team turmoil match from last week. I'm usually a "workrate or GTFO" guy, but I'll always have a soft spot for a team of big face-painted bruisers who just run everybody over.

In another departure from my usual feeling of only having time for ***1/2-or-better matches, I also loved Adam Rose at first. I want to love him again, but it sounds like they're booking him in a way that deliberately discourages that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts