Wrestling Forum banner

Dixie looking for more British/European talent

2650 Views 37 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Pronoss
Dixie and Spud tweeted out this, I hope its not anybody underwhelming (or the Dixie special as I call it)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
9,827 Posts
If it was just Dixie I would think less of it. But seeing Spud is involved it is possible they are serious about bringing someone in. I doubt it is anyone that is big over there but someone on the cusp of breaking out and could use the exposure is a possibility. I know NOTHING about the scene over there so I can give no names but maybe someone who has the knowledge can drop a few.

· Banned
8,575 Posts
Lol how is Dixie gonna afford to pay new talent when she cant even pay her current talent

· Registered
1,045 Posts
Dixie is booking an international TV show but is trying to cater to one segment of the audience.

American audiences and the rest of the world don't care about TNA Vs UK dream matches or "known" UK indy guys working a tour. Start building to something worthwhile for the UK (Such as Angle and his last match after 16-17 years in the wrestling business)

· Registered
9,827 Posts
Lol how is Dixie gonna afford to pay new talent when she cant even pay her current talent
Do you live in the past in all aspects of your life or just when discussing TNA?

Dixie is booking an international TV show but is trying to cater to one segment of the audience.

American audiences and the rest of the world don't care about TNA Vs UK dream matches or "known" UK indy guys working a tour. Start building to something worthwhile for the UK (Such as Angle and his last match after 16-17 years in the wrestling business)
I would agree with you if she was going all out on this. All she did was send a tweet. A TWEET. The same avenue of communication that people use to share what they had for lunch or their plans to go shopping.

Catering some what to the local crowd is just wrestling 101. As far as building to Angles last match, let us wait and see what they do the first month of Impact on Pop. They have a whole month to build up to it. And as far as a draw to the UK crowd it is a matter of what they are doing to advertise it in the UK more so than just on Impact. And having Angle doing radio shows in the UK and announce it there was a good first step.

Of course TNA needs to be careful how they promote Angles "last match". Because if he ends up in WWE later, especially if early 2016, than people will be laughing at them for promoting the end of his career when it was not.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
If she's not a dumb bitch she'll get zach sabre jr

Reactions: Simply...amazing

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Just as well, because the top American talent are all being signed by WWE. There is still a pretty decent talent pool in the UK, especially when it comes to the female wrestlers.

IMO TNA should look more outside of America to sign talent now. Europe, Asia, Australia/New Zealand etc. Would also give the impression of being a truly global promotion as opposed to just an American one.

· Intoner
8,608 Posts
TNA should book SPud vs. Marty feud for UK tour. Marty was on BBC with Spud and changed a lot since then.

Reactions: ArnDaddy and CJ

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Smart move by TNA especially if booked right.

it means they can put someone in like crimson and still get good heat because hes taking on a local guy.

This could also build up to an ultimate dream match they've previously missed out on if they run with team usa (angle) vs team (UK) Doug williams.

Also filling the card with local talent keeps the bills down you dont have to fly every body in yet have a great narrative to make this interesting as opposed to budget measures, it could also play into a new season of british boot camp which i think we are likely to see not only because it draws for challenge but it looks like pop tv would be interested in carrying something like this reading between the lines of the recent pop tv interview.

also with using a lot of local talent, you would be surprised how much good will publicity TNA will receive from there home promotions because like it or not TNA is still pretty mainstream as far as wrestling goes in the UK and piggy back cross promoting that is possible here for both sides, is pretty inexpensive and would be effective. We've seen this happen with previous series of British Boot Camp and it was good for the whole UK scene.

· Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to see them bring in Marty Scrull. He was on British Bootcamp 1, so he could debut as a man who's jealous of Rockstar Spud's success in TNA. I think Will Ospreay would be a great addition to the X-Division. Zack Sabre Jr, Rampage Brown, Nathan Cruz and Noam Darr should just be signed to fill out the midcard and potentially the main event scene in the future. I'd also love to see Jimmy Havoc get a shot in TNA.

· Registered
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just leaving this here.

Reactions: Ham and Egger

· Registered
67,501 Posts
It sounds cool on paper to see fresh talent, but usually they bring em in to do nothing on TV. Bad Bones & Doug Williams a few years ago got jobbed out in no time. The tour this year had the random Noam Dar vs Rampage Brown match, which was thrown out in about a minute b/c iirc someone came in and beat them up. Then there was the catering to the Scotland crowd Grado waste of TV time.

Mark Andrews won British Bootcamp and isn't even used. Arguable point in saying if Spud is even being used to his full potential, too. (unfortunately) It saves TNA money to book locally for these shows, but that's all that comes out of it. Nothing by way of adding much to its product.

· Registered
12,980 Posts
Wwe,njpw/roh, Luchaunderground is going hard after talent. Time for TNA to step up and get the best pro wrestlers available.

Tommy End, Dragon Lee(to me the best in the world), Mike Bailey,Chase Owens(growing but only 25 and will get better with time),Chris Hero. I think the Heatseekers is a good tag team. TNA would instantly grab people attention again.

Did someone just name Paul Burchill? Lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.