Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PW.net just ran an article noting that Dixie Carter held a talent meeting at 2pm (today) at the iMPACT! Zone where she addressed the roster and stressed that a number of wrestlers (unknown whether or not she singled anyone out) needed to "tighten up" their ring-work, and that she feels they are spoiled because they benefit from a taped show that can be edited.

It wasn't taken to kindly, apparently, as a source was noted as saying "Guys were fuming," when asked how the response went.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Fair enough is all I can say. I think the wrestling on TV has been fine but hey, I won't mind it getting better.

RVD has been really good, FYI all of you people.

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
I Hope Rvd was one of the main people she talked to. You can see he doesent give a damn about tna and hes under performing because of it. So Obvious he thinks hes better than tna.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Agree with her or not, she is a business woman running an international company she has every right to tell her workers to get their arses in gear when she feels they arn't performing.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
What a stupid bitch.

Like she knows how a certain talent is performing.
She's the President of TNA. She has every right to tell anyone to tighten up their in ring work whether its deserved or not.

She should be disappointed at not only the booking of last nights show, but a couple of the matches as well. Kendrick/Williams botched their finish, Hernandez couldnt lift Morgan in time for the Border Toss twice in a row, and even then botched the powerbomb, and the main event was flat.

In my opinion, they deserved to be yelled at. Not only the wrestlers though, but whoever booked that show as well.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dixie shouldn't be the messenger ever about the in ring stuff for TNA. It will only turn the wrestlers against the company. Vince at least has earned a reason to have say about in ring work. Dixie is out of her element and keeps proving it any time she opens her mouth.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Dixie shouldn't be the messenger ever about the in ring stuff for TNA. It will only turn the wrestlers against the company. Vince at least has earned a reason to have say about in ring work. Dixie is out of her element and keeps proving it any time she opens her mouth.
How can you say she doesnt have a right to put them in place as far as in ring work goes? She watches the product, knows what they are capable of, and has followed along for a long, long time now. She knows whats good or bad, and last night was terrible in half of the matches. They deserved a verbal beating.

Not only that, she employs them. She has the right in every way possible.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,616 Posts
This is what a boss of a company does.

Good grief, to those of you attacking her over this; do you not think Vince has done this before? A little pep-talk to the roster and encouraging everybody to get back on track?

It's called leadership and driving the bus.

Glad she did it, because we've identified ourselves some guys who are just going through the motions right now.

·
Registered
932 Posts
What a stupid bitch.

Like she knows how a certain talent is performing.
shes a boss, if she tells someone to don a turkey outfit the workers have to go along with it.

Bosses are meant to be ....s, do you work? All bosses have to be assholes at one point or another.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
My question is she does this to the wrestlers, yet Russo still has a job when the shit booking is as much to blame? And hell, it's not like she's going to fire any of the top guys anyway so why should they care?

Oh and maybe she should start drug testing. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts