Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling
I am about to take off for New York City. Exciting announcement for TNA today. Stay tuned.
Update:

Just moments ago, SpikeTV issued a notice to the press that a presser conference call is scheduled for 2pm eastern time today. The announcement also reveals TNA President Dixie Carter Will be there as well as Spike President Kevin Kay and Bellator Fighting Championships President Bjorn Rebney. The announcement is expected to be about the signing of MMA Fighter King Mo Lawal we reported on earlier and possibly revealing further working relationships between TNA, Spike and Bellator.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If TNA really wants to milk this, they should make a video conference with King Mo and the Bellator president.

·
Registered
721 Posts
When I initially heard of all of this I was like oh god no.. Batista has been hyping a major announcement of his coming in May for a while so I thought that TNA and Bellator had co signed him. Thank god that's not what it is.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Because not enough people are watching to be surprised.
Sadly this and truthfully with spoilers out prior to airing now there are no surprises.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Fuck this shit. I'm sick of Dicksie's announcements for life.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
this sounds like its gonna be a let down for me. I dont care about MMA! so what the fuck is going to happen?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
It was a conference call not a press conference so there's no footage, only audio. :)
maybe they will at least play some of the audio :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I wonder if they'll try to insert footage of the press conference into tonight's show. Might be a good way to make Impact seem a little less "canned."
Never mind, I see it was a conference call, not a live press conference. It still might be good to play a soundbite of him or do an "on the phone" type thing.

Either way, I hope they bring him hot like when they first brought in Angle and he did the standoff with Joe. Everything else in that feud was pretty stupid (I would have not put their 1st match on the 1st PPV, and if I did, no way I would have Angle end Joe's streak), but that first night on Impact was awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts