Wrestling Forum banner

Dixie Carter interview on TNA on the road and more

1877 17
Hopefully they don't mess up this impact on the road experiment.

And a second TNA Wrestling show would be nice, so impact isn't so damn cluttered.
TNA president Dixie Carter appeared on the latest "Total Nonstop Podcast" (officially through Spike TV and hosted by New York radio DJ Peter Rosenberg & former wrestling writer Andrew Goldstein) to discuss this week's heavily-promoted Impact episode. The following are highlights of the podcast interview.

-- Carter on Impact going on the road: "We know that it would be important to take Impact out and tour, but when I talk about running this company like a business, I don't put my head on the pillow every night without thinking about staying in business and turning a profit and giving these great wrestlers and fans a company 10, 15, 20 years from now. And we have to make good business decisions."

"Touring is extremely expensive. It's extremely expensive to take a production like we have on the road for television. We have to be smart about it. Yes, we know it's critical. Yes, we know it's absolutely the next step in the evolution of TNA... For us to grow, we need to take Impact on the road."

-- Carter on wanting to add more TV shows to the weekly line-up: "Having more shows on television in the U.S., to me, is a critical element of our growth. It's hard to compete with two hours of TV against ten or 12 hours of television (from WWE) every week."

-- Carter on re-signing the "big surprise" on Thursday's Impact: "We do have one big surprise and I think the thing about surprises is there are very few of them in this business; there's very few sure things. This is something I've worked on and I've worked on very hard. To me, this is one of the sure things, for me, in this business. People will have to tune in and see. I hope they are as happy and excited as I am."

-- Carter on being convinced she should have a TV role: "It's something I never wanted to do, but I took a tremendous amount of pressure. It's pretty hard when someone looks at you and says, 'Okay, if you could be a part of something that maybe makes an impact positively on the company,' why would you not do that?

"I think the reason is I didn't know if I could do it, quite honestly. I think I've gone from absolutely not wanting to do it to it's just more of an evolution of me how I've grown in this role since I first started."

Link: The "Total Nonstop Podcast" can be downloaded/subscribed to on iTunes at iTunes.Apple.com.

Partial Credit to PWTorch
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,873 Posts
Is Dixie basically alluding to the road tapings being canned due to financial issues? Ugh?

For a second show, they just need to convince Spike TV to get a one-hour slot sorted and they can just put a revamped Xplosion on it. Less recaps, more matches, 1000 points for Don West replacing Taz.

As for the "surprise", is anything she does count as a surprise? Hey, I posted on twitter, it's a surprise that I couldn't sleep for!

· Registered
2,064 Posts
As far as the topic, instead of making an annual trip to Europe, spend that money on going on the road. Instead of signing Hulk Hogan to 1.5 million, run 4 or 5 iMPACT tapings on the road. I just dont understand how she can not see this.

· Registered
770 Posts
-- Carter on re-signing the "big surprise" on Thursday's Impact
I think TNA spoiled it for themselves. Seriously though, you would have had to turn off your computer for a week to not have heard about the surprise, if the 3-3-11 promo wasn't enough.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
well at least she is aware they need to tour and they are looking to make it financially feasible in the future. that is actually good news. the fact that she wants to add more time on tv is also great. they need to get more time for some of the less used talent. some people just don't get on the show anymore which sucks. needs more xdivision time for lethal and douglas, maybe get some of the other non beautiful people knockout time on tv too like daffney. if they add another show it should be separate and not focus on impact recaps as well. that is one thing that sucks about wwe that to me is a waste of talent time. more actual time for longer better quality matches is essential. a 2 min squash that happens all too often in this day and age is not a quality wrestling match.

· Registered
4,939 Posts
Dixie is cute as hell, and does fine with promos.. More of her on-screen is a good thing. It's nice to have a more innocent woman in the ring once in a while, instead of the eternally bitchy KO's.

I hope things work out for her and TNA. She seems to know what needs to be done. Lets hope she can make it happen.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Xplosion and ReAction coming back would be good.

· Registered
12,669 Posts
As far as the topic, instead of making an annual trip to Europe, spend that money on going on the road. Instead of signing Hulk Hogan to 1.5 million, run 4 or 5 iMPACT tapings on the road. I just dont understand how she can not see this.
Or when they do shows over in Europe why not just tape them and use them as impact?Now I mean clean up the shows of course for tv but why don't they just do that?

· At least until the world stops going round!
314 Posts
Or when they do shows over in Europe why not just tape them and use them as impact?Now I mean clean up the shows of course for tv but why don't they just do that?
Makes perfect sense, promotes the product and would definately add to the TV show, lets face it, the fans in Europe, especially the UK are 100 times more pumped than the ones who attend the impact zone week after week. They could even make a special event of it once or twice a year. An episode of Impact taped in each country they visited. TNA Impact - European Invasion.

· Registered
4,308 Posts
i agree that doing shows outside of the impact zone and in bigger arenas is gonna make tna better but she keeps going on about smart buisiness decisions and things that are critical.

more tv shows are critical?

how about you concerntrate on the one you have and try to make it resemble something that isnt a train wreck?
thats critical you mark bitch.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
i agree that doing shows outside of the impact zone and in bigger arenas is gonna make tna better but she keeps going on about smart buisiness decisions and things that are critical.

more tv shows are critical?

how about you concerntrate on the one you have and try to make it resemble something that isnt a train wreck?
thats critical you mark bitch.
you gotta admit that sometimes dixie carter has the best line of bullshit on this side of the wrestling industry XD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.