·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beth pheonix vs nikki bella has been made official

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
Beth working on a 'severely-sprained' ankle. Brilliant.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Any news on Beth's condition though? We haven't really heard anything from her since that RAW.
Beth working on a 'severely-sprained' ankle. Brilliant.
Oh, sucks for her. Why are they making her work through it, there is no way you can have a decent match with a dodgy ankle, and it's not exactly like Brie or Nikki can carry her through it. Waste of a PPV spot, just leave the girl to rest.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Anyone with half a brain can see what's going to happen.

Bellas make entrance.
Beth's music plays, no Beth.
Eve Torres comes out, says Beth is not cleared to wrestle, but she's found a suitable replacement
Queue Kharma coming out and killing Nikki and then Brie for the title.
Kharma gets the big face return reception from Chicago, but it is setup for future storylines to be a heel.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Maybe Kharma comes out mid match and destroys them both or waits to the end.
Hopefully Beth's ankle injury is kayfabe then, would hate for it to get worse like Layla's knee injury like last year.

Edit...

Bellas make entrance.
Eve Torres comes out, says Beth is not cleared to wrestle, but she's found a suitable replacement
Kharma gets the big face return reception from Chicago, but it is setup for future storylines to be a heel.
Oooooorrr, what he said.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nikki will retain via roll-up on a "recovering" Beth.
Kharma to come out after the match and destory the Bellas.
The title is vacated on RAW and there is a divas battle royal for it which doesn't include Beth because she's still "recovering"
Kharma eliminates everyone and takes the title for herself.
Beth returns somewhere after that.
Cue Kharma vs Beth fued.

It's not going to save the division but I'd love to see it happen like this.

Bellas make entrance.
This sounds good too. A simple way to write off the Bellas and give Kharma the title.

I will say that is that *if* the plan is to write off the Bellas by having Karma take them out, then she needs to seriously take them out. Not just hitting the implant buster on each of them.
I mean DESTROY them.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Well didn't Nikki Bella side with Teddy Long? So I could see Ace or Eve making a "replacement" for Beth , and in comes Kharma. But it is not likely happening.
That's actually the most likely scenario. They wouldn't have had beth be kayfabe injured for nothing, and with the Bellas on their way out, it all makes sense.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts

Bellas make entrance.
Damn it, why can I easily see this happening right now. It's ironic how Kharma debuted at Extreme Rules last year, and there's a good chance she could return at Extreme Rules this year. Returning like how she debuted, in a dominate manner, and destroying the divas she said she was going to.

And lol at the people who think a Kharma/Beth feud will restore credibility to the Divas Division. Their feud might give the illusion that the Divas Division is getting better, but after it ends it will go back to being the crappy division we have right now. The problem with Kharma is there's only a few divas who could look strong against her (Beth, and maybe Natalya and Tamina) the rest would just look ridiculous in a match against her.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Damn it, why can I easily see this happening right now. It's ironic how Kharma debuted at Extreme Rules last year, and there's a good chance she could return at Extreme Rules this year. Returning like how she debuted, in a dominate manner, and destroying the divas she said she was going to.

And lol at the people who think a Kharma/Beth feud will restore credibility to the Divas Division. Their feud might give the illusion that the Divas Division is getting better, but after it ends it will go back to being the crappy division we have right now. The problem with Kharma is there's only a few divas who could look strong against her (Beth, and maybe Natalya and Tamina) the rest would just look ridiculous in a match against her.
I agree. Unless they start letting women who can actually work WRESTLE and get backstage segments to promote their own feuds and matches, it ain't gonna happen. Now if Eve were using her machinations with John Laurinitis to specifically effect the divas division, then I could say maybe things will improve--they'd have a chance with that...but just one feud with Kharma won't cut it. They'll have to step their game up across the division, which means promoting women like Natalya, getting Naomi into the ring, letting AJ wrestle longer than a minute, and hiring/bringing up actual female wrestlers. They'll have to fire Alicia, Rosa (let's face it Epico and Primo are flopping atm because no one cares about the tag team, and Rosa has proven she's just as useless as a valet as a wrestler again) stop pushing Kelly because she doesn't even make getting carried look believable...

I look at this as a similar state to what the division was in with Trish and Mickie. A great feud, the greatest women's Wrestlemania match sure--BUT we all knew the division was on life support. It was on it's last legs and had been for a long time. They'd released all of their great female wrestlers save Victoria about a year earlier, Lita we now know was tired of wrestling and didn't want to get in the ring...Trish's only competition was Mickie. Everyone else was eye candy. Once it was made known she was leaving and Lita was out with her EVERYONE was saying "Well, they're fucked." And it was true, despite still having women there that could work and the debut of Beth Phoenix it just wasn't enough. Too much dead weight on the roster, too much disinterest from Creative in the people they should be interested in...

I won't hold my breath for a Kharma vs Beth feud saving the division. Mickie and Trish didn't though it did bring it to greater notoriety and increased interest even among fans who long decried the division, but we all knew it was on its last legs.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Any news on Beth's condition though? We haven't really heard anything from her since that RAW.

Oh, sucks for her. Why are they making her work through it, there is no way you can have a decent match with a dodgy ankle, and it's not exactly like Brie or Nikki can carry her through it. Waste of a PPV spot, just leave the girl to rest.
Where i agree it sucks if they make Beth work with a legitmately injured ankke, I don't think the match ever gets started TBH, I say Kharma comes out before the match even starts.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts