Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know Charlotte beat Nikki for the divas title on the PPV. With this whole revolution being about hard working women making it to the top of their professions (Nikki, Ronda, the US Women's soccer team, etc) does anyone feel they just crapped all over it by putting the title on a person who's only here cause of who her dad is? Why not give the divas title to Sasha or Becky aka two divas that actually paid their dues and had to bust their asses to get to where they are today?

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
As many of you know Charlotte beat Nikki for the divas title on the PPV. With this whole revolution being about hard working women making it to the top of their professions (Nikki, Ronda, the US Women's soccer team, etc) does anyone feel they just crapped all over it by putting the title on a person who's only here cause of who her dad is? Why not give the divas title to Sasha or Becky aka two divas that actually paid their dues and had to bust their asses to get to where they are today?
Charolotte more then paid her dues she is not here just because of her father. She was in NXT for years and bust her ass and went from not knowing how to wrestle to being a top star in NXT. She deserves the title and you can tell from her emotion that she cares about this business and she gives it her everything. Charlotte is not even my favorite of the 3. Becky Lynch is my favorite but I am fine with Charlotte. Charlotte is way less experienced then Nikki Bella but she still is on par with her and sometimes better.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There's so much to say about the Divas's Division don't know where to start. At least it's worth talking about again. Charlotte is cool with me (I think she's top 5 divas for sure), but the way the countdown ended on Monday, and tonight's win didn't do it for me. it is what it is.

Still, Tamina's not impressed and Naomi realized she will never get the belt ... found this pic hilarious ...

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
There's so much to say about the Divas's Division don't know where to start. At least it's worth talking about again. Charlotte is cool with me (I think she's top 5 divas for sure), but the way the countdown ended on Monday, and tonight's win didn't do it for me. it is what it is.

Still, Tamina's not impressed and Naomi realized she will never get the belt ... found this pic hilarious ...
I feel Naomi's pain hahahaha. Her face says everything. She is like f*ck my life I been here longer then her.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charolotte more then paid her dues she is not here just because of her father. She was in NXT for years and bust her ass and went from not knowing how to wrestle to being a top star in NXT. She deserves the title and you can tell from her emotion that she cares about this business and she gives it her everything. Charlotte is not even my favorite of the 3. Becky Lynch is my favorite but I am fine with Charlotte. Charlotte is way less experienced then Nikki Bella but she still is on par with her and sometimes better.
For years = several years :ti

Anyone that thinks Charlotte is where she is today cause of her own abilities and not cause of her dad needs to get their head checked.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
For years = several years :ti

Anyone that thinks Charlotte is where she is today cause of her own abilities and not cause of her dad needs to get their head checked.
She is already better then Nikki Bella and Nikki Bella has like 3 times the experience Charlotte has. Who care if Ric Flair is one of the reasons she is getting pushed? She is simply better. I would be upset if she sucked and she was forced but in this case she is not bad.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A real, sustained Paige heel turn could come out of this. A Nice Becky Lynch/Sasha feud can transpire. Eva Marie and Cameron may get some shine and become competitive if they actually improve. There is a huge amount of talent with star power here. I think the revolution technically just begun, like I might sound delusional, but they can basically start a whole new show (on the network) to showcase the various Divas feuds, just let the Title matches be on Raw and Ppvs.

·
Banned
1,681 Posts
This is a great point. Charlotte's ugly ass would never of even been hired, let alone pushed if it wasn't for her daddy.

She is already better then Nikki Bella and Nikki Bella has like 3 times the experience Charlotte has.
I'm not much of a Bella fan, but this statement is just wrong. Nikki has far more talent and charisma than Charles. Just look at the match they had last night, Nikki was playing a character and getting shit done whilst Charlotte just looked like a miserable spoiled bitch. She's not likeable at all; if she is going to have any success than she needs to be a heel. But even as a heel she sucks, so fuck her.

- Paul.

·
Banned
169 Posts
This is actually a super interesting point.

I think it definitely would have been more beneficial to the division if Banks or Lynch had won it.

Something that fascinates me is that Charlotte gets cheered whilst someone like Reigns gets booed.
- Both hired through nepotism
- Both pushed to the moon
- Both kind of have an entitled vibe
- Both boring
- Both bad on the mic

Why doesn't the crowd treat Charlotte like they do Reigns?

To get the divas division over, we need the divas to connect to the crowd. That is going to happen when a woman shows character and personality; given those two things are Charlotte's weakest points, I don't think she will do much to help shape a better future for the women. Unfortunately.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
The revolution was over before it even started, in fact it wasn't a revolution or even an evolution, it was a de-evolution.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was half expecting Paige to turn on Charlotte during the match and cost her the title. That probably would have been more interesting and opened up the storylines to continue, rather than giving the belt to Charlotte and continuing the "I did this for my daddy" scenes.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Lol, the same people shitting on Charlotte for heritage push are the same who are rooting for Reigns.
:HA

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,362 Posts
The Divas Revolution was dead on arrival when Stephanie put them into teams fpalm

Not a Charlotte fan but hopefully her win actually kick starts some kind of revolution or interesting booking rather than all the team stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts