Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else love how the divas wearing utd vs liverpool kits totally backfired as the crowd was clearly a majority of city fans? hahaha

Poor City fans, always on he backburner to utd :p

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
man united fans aren't from manchester and that was proven on Monday

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Who says the fans were city fans?? Surrounding Manchester there are at least 13 other clubs within 30/40 minutes drive from the M.E.N.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
You sure they aren't "soccer kits"? After all that's what they kept calling them last night...

embarrassingly enough. :p

·
Banned
234 Posts
Man Utd are the club you support when you're a kid and then you move abroad as you get older.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
man united fans aren't from manchester and that was proven on Monday
Could also be the fact that most United fans wouldn't give a flying fuck about seeing the Bella Twins parading around in a United shirt. Including those from Manchester, like myself.

That was my reaction, anyway.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Like I said in the Raw thread, as an Evertonian, the ideal end to that match, was a fucking boring double count-out, I'll take a Man Utd win though, (bitter? yes :D)

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Who says the fans were city fans?? Surrounding Manchester there are at least 13 other clubs within 30/40 minutes drive from the M.E.N.
Exactly, and considering how often they come to the UK you get everybody wanting to see a live Raw. I live just outside London and I'd rather travel to Manchester to see the televised one than see a lame house show here.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Both the Tea Party and this was kind of ignorant on the part of WWE. Difference is Santino & Sheamus have the talent to pull of a segment like that, the Divas don't. Also Americans being ignorant to football because they're like the only major country to not have it as ther number one sport, i.e. Josh and Cole saying they don't care about 'soccer' and what not.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Did anyone else catch Josh's "6 girls 1 cup" reference? :rolleyes:

Of course it backfired, not everyone in the arena is going to be a Utd fan. I always find it kinda cringe-worthy when the WWE try to make things more British for their UK shows.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
don't think it has much to do with the crowd being city fans, its more that the fans came from all over the UK and we have alot of teams and all of them Hate Man U

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Only people from London really support Man U :p I think it was stupid to use Liverpool and not Man City instead, at least then they cover the obvious bases, especially with the Derby coming up. Honestly who cares about Liverpool now, they are living in the past.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
don't think it has much to do with the crowd being city fans, its more that the fans came from all over the UK and we have alot of teams and all of them Hate Man U
Agree with these two points. Cole tried to explain it to Matthews as being like having both the Jets and Giants in New York (New Jersey actually). What that fails to recognise is that football in the UK is totally different; in the US there will be one or two major league teams in a major metropolitan area. In the UK there can be up to ten. Greater Manchester alone has Manchester United, Manchester City, Rochdale, Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, Oldham Athletic, Bury and Stockport County. Not to mention all the other clubs from the north west area, then add in clubs from around the country supported by fans who travelled up to Manchester to watch Raw.

I'd actually hazard a guess that Manchester United and City fans combined represented a minority in that crowd.

Also, found it pretty funny with Cole repeatedly referring to the team as "the" Manchester United.

·
1,817 Posts
I'd of preferred to get all the divas for a 20 diva battle royal
Maryse would of worn the fuck out of a Stoke shirt :p

Josh Mathews is a dick for saying if he hates one thing in the world its "soccer"
Loved Cole giving the results out though.

Unlike Americans we only have live shows once or twice a year so they are going to be people coming from all over the country not just from Manchester, but to be fair Man U Bandwagon fans are everywhere, I laughed at how shocked cole was at Man U getting booed.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'd of preferred to get all the divas for a 20 diva battle royal
Maryse would of worn the fuck out of a Stoke shirt :p

Hate to burst your bubble, but girls who wear Stoke shirts dont look like Maryse :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts