Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people here will say 'who gives a shit about the Divas Division?'

My answer: I do.

I haven't watched TNA in a really long time so I don't know how the Knockouts Division is now but it was great back when I watched it. The chicks were beautiful but they actually had some TALENT. They didn't pull a Kelly Kelly and just flip their hair all over the place or flail their arms like pussies. They actually knew how to wrestle and put on a good match (I believe the ratings also went up whenever Knockouts fought, and I don't believe that happened ever in the WWE).

My favourite female wrestler of all time is Beth Phoenix. It irks the fuck out of me that she is made to take losses to an untalented cunt like Kelly Kelly, who wins with the same fucking roll up every single time. I also like Natalya. Both Beth and Natalya are the very few females who can actually wrestle, yet they are matched up against trash and made to take the losses most of the time. How the fuck are they suppose to look 'scary' when they lose against someone like Kelly Kelly, an overrated Barbie doll? It's fucking pathetic and makes them look weak as hell.

I also like Tamina and think they could do something good with her, but they instead do next to nothing with her. She isn't the best but how do you expect her to improve when she hardly ever gets used? They might as well have just kept her as a manager instead of giving her a non-existent career.

I know that not every chick they hired for reasons other than wrestling are bad choices (example is Trish Stratus), but I think it is a slap in the face to those who actually worked to get to where they are and have a wrestling background when some random chick, who was hired because she is blond, cute and has big tits, is given the title, and plenty of shots at it. Beth wrestled in school. Natalya trained in the Hart Family Dungeon. They lose against KELLY KELLY, who just got hired because of her looks and had no previous wrestling experience.

The Divas continuously suck (besides the few) because they never get a chance to develop and improve. Instead, they get sent out to flip their hair in skimpy outfits. It is EMBARRASSING to be a female and watch female wrestlers fight like pussies (girlie arm swings, hair pulling, shit like that). Fuck, bitch, USE YOUR GODDAMN FIST.

Although I mentioned skimpy outfits, I don't give a shit what they wear, I just don't want to feel embarrassed watching horrible female wrestlers pull hair and use stupid girlie slaps and I am sick of Beth and Natalya being shit on, though I am glad they finally let Beth beat that bimbo and put the belt back on her, which brings me to my next thought....

Why the FUCK did they choose the Divas Championship over the Women's Championship? That is the most retarded fucking move ever.

Get your shit together, WWE, fuck, and bring back Lita you assholes.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
They won't be doing anything to improve the WWE section because they have basically given up on it like the tag team division. They'd rather have eye candy, like Kelly kelly, than divas that can actually wrestler.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
when has it not sucked? lol

since the inception of the term "WWE Diva" the womens division has been generally horrible with a couple of bright spots.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when has it not sucked? lol

since the inception of the term "WWE Diva" the womens division has been generally horrible with a couple of bright spots.
Not saying it used to be good, lol, just saying that talent DOES exist within it, they just don't get used properly/are used to lose against useless 'talent'.

They want to make the division 'serious' yet they make it even more of a joke with the booking.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
When did they ever say they want to make it serious? Pretty sure they are just trying to make a marketable diva, which they have with Kelly Kelly, and keep one feud going on at a time while using as many shitty divas as possible to make sure they all get screen time.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the Konockouts division is still the only reason to watch TNA Winter(Katie Lee Burchill from ECW) is the best thing going on TNA.
I had a feeling it was still good in that department. You would think WWE would take some notes from TNA but I guess not....

When it comes to cutting 'talent' (really hate how they use that term when so many wrestlers are garbage), there are only 3 or 4 chicks that would be worthy of keeping.....and, hate her or love her, imo, Melina was way better than a lot of the female talent, though too injury prone.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I'll be honest, I haven't thought much of Trish Stratus as a wrestler for a long time and I've always thought Lita was actually pretty terrible, but they both had....personality, I guess. I look at Kelly Kelly and her "personality" is yelling "CUM'ONNNNNNNN" during a match. She adds literally nothing to a show. Trish & Lita had a lot of good backstage and outer-ring stuff that was either funny or actually served some purpose. They added something to a mens storyline, which tries to happen today but just ends up blowing. Remember Kelly/Vickie/Edge? Awful. Remember Eve dancing with R-Truth? Awful. Remember Ziggler/Vickie/NXT whoever? Awful. I mean some of the stuff the divas were involved with was down-right terrible as well, but you got the sense they actually did something.

I remember watching some 2002-04 PPV where Charlie Haas had an angle where he was deciding over two divas or something. That match (whatever match it was) got a video package on the PPV. As much as I haven't like the WWE's women division since....95 or so, the women even seven years back were adding something. You can look towards the booking for that, but the bookers have tried to shove these women with these men (like the examples above) recently, and they have just flopped to hell. I think LayCool were the only women wrestlers with any personality in the company for the last couple of years, and they were actually pretty annoying.

Vickie Guerrero has been the most entertaining woman in the WWE since like 2007. And they've put her through some real garbage. It's depressing.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vickie Guerrero has been the most entertaining woman in the WWE since like 2007. And they've put her through some real garbage. It's depressing.
She got more heat this past Raw than all the guys she was in the ring with. Funny when she can get more heat than a guy like Del Rio.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Can't really blame the WWE for pushing the likes of Kelly Kelly really. When the market for the company are young kids and horny teens, for whom the blonde barbie is probably the ultimate fantasy, workers like Kelly will have an advantage. Sad but that is the way it works right now.

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
Didn't Trish vs Lita for the Title main event Raw once? Or certainly was the final match before some ending segment/promo.

Anyways Cat I agree entirely with what you said, I think we all had to finally admit the division was a lost cause when Sara Del Rey was told to lose weight/wasn't glamorous enough by that rotten cunt Jonny Ace, seriously you don't even give the Divas a damn story most of the time so you may as well fill the plodding amount of time they do get with good workers who may be able to retain some viewers by putting on a good match. SHIMMER may be to your liking though Cat, they're an all female indy promotion with good wrestling, characters and angles and most of their stuff should be available in the media section. There's also a SHIMMER discussion thread stickied in the Other Wrestling Section.

Also you know your division is a joke when your champion enters a match and decides to shake her booty in her opponent's face when the other wrestlers were trying to put on a half serious match. Sadly Kelly is the most over Diva for reasons unknown to me so she'll be pushed ahead of the talented people, sad to see.

Also while we're at it, FUCK them for releasing Serena Deeb, hot and talented.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't seen it in ages but I used to watch Wrestlicious and they had some great chicks on their roster, and they pretty much all had personality.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I've realized that it's not even their wrestling ability that annoys me anymore. Most of them are pretty much chicks picked off the street to learn on the job, so sucking is to be expected. But there's no personality there, at all. Lita was damn average in the ring for her entire career but at least she was interesting. Trish was better, but it was her personality and charisma that made her entertaining. Jazz, Ivory, Molly Holly, Victoria, at least I had a REASON to like or hate them.

Why should I give a damn about Eve, Kelly, The Bellas, even Beth and Natalya? Same goes for the rest of 'em, apart from AJ, Maryse, Layla, Aksana and Kaitlyn during NXT. Some of them might be good, or even great, in the ring, but otherwise, they're boring.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Fuck, bitch, USE YOUR GODDAMN FIST.
I CANNOT BREATHE :lmao

Real talk, though:

My favourite female wrestler of all time is Beth Phoenix. It irks the fuck out of me that she is made to take losses to an untalented cunt like Kelly Kelly, who wins with the same fucking roll up every single time.
Yeah, that ticked me off too. I always like to step back and look at 'the bigger picture' as it's known, but I did and it made no sense. Beth was being booked like the underdog babyface chasing the title, when that should have been Kelly. Losing by rollup 3540985 times destroys the typically smarter heel mentality, and just undercuts her credibility.

The Divas continuously suck (besides the few) because they never get a chance to develop and improve. Instead, they get sent out to flip their hair in skimpy outfits. It is EMBARRASSING to be a female and watch female wrestlers fight like pussies (girlie arm swings, hair pulling, shit like that). Fuck, bitch, USE YOUR GODDAMN FIST.
Good shout with Tamina.

Do you know what's also embarrasing? Being a female and watching all of the female wrestlers come out for a seven-on-seven tag or what ever, only for it to end in thirty seconds and them doing the can can or whatever shit in the ring afterwards. It's like, is that what we're worth?
Why the FUCK did they choose the Divas Championship over the Women's Championship? That is the most retarded fucking move ever.
My god, this one's made me tear my hair out. Most historic championship in WWE, or large pink butterfly?

Honestly the only saving grace is that 'wrestlers' like Kelly Kelly will never be able to say they've held that title. Only the Fabulous Moolahs and Trish Stratuses will be in those books. Keep your stupid butterfly, Kelly Kelly.

Get your shit together, WWE, fuck, and bring back Lita you assholes.
After the ho sale? Fat fucking chance. They don't deserve her.

·
Starving for poutine
7,420 Posts
I'm with you, Catalanotto. I try to support the WWE divas because I enjoy watching beautiful women wrestling, but since the last credible diva left (Lita or Victoria, I don't remember who left last), I have lost faith in the Divas.

The Divas of Doom was an awesome idea until they decided to make them look weak against Kelly Kelly and Eve. I was expecting them to be ruthless and squash the divas division but instead, the top wrestler Beth Pheonix gets humiliated in two PPVs against that bitch who screams louder than ever.

·
pretending to be nice
1,490 Posts
Well there's still a couple of good divas there. Natalya, Beth, Layla and Karma. Unfortunately two of them are out right now and every match can't be Nattie vs Beth, so we get this crap.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts