Wrestling Forum banner

Divas and botches

1042 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  game3525
I don't understand why people treat the girls (past and present tbh) like such shit. Like the constant "Divas matches are just botchfest" thing, what, so guys don't botch too? It's not like all the Divas botch moves and honestly, if you follow Divas matches, there's probably one minor botch occasionally lately.

And what about the guys? Don't they botch moves too? Loads, if not most of them do. So why don't we get "men can't wrestle"? Everytime Otunga or someone botches something, why don't we hear about how the Superstars can't wrestle like we hear about how Divas can't wrestle if a couple of the women mess up moves?

It's like what Claire Boothe Luce said; "Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes."

Most of the sexism in the WWE comes from the fans and it sucks that most of the Divas work their asses off training and putting on matches just to hear the people they're putting on matches for treating them like crap because they're women.

Do you think people are too hard on the women of the WWE?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
Well I for one don't really go with the flow when it comes to divas, and label them like most people on here do. I treat them equally the same. A lot of the divas work their asses off, and while there are those who seem to suck in the ring or just brought in because they look like a models, there are those who are comitted and dedicated. So when people come on here to complaining about the divas division or what not, I tend to disagree and think people are being too harsh sometimes.

· Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because most divas botch every move while with men only botch around 1 move per match and it isn't that obvious when they do that.
That is absolute bollocks. Most Divas botch every move? What?! That is such an exaggeration, I cannot believe you are serious.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I don't understand why people treat the girls (past and present tbh) like such shit. Like the constant "Divas matches are just botchfest" thing, what, so guys don't botch too? It's not like all the Divas botch moves and honestly, if you follow Divas matches, there's probably one minor botch occasionally lately.

And what about the guys? Don't they botch moves too? Loads, if not most of them do. So why don't we get "men can't wrestle"? Everytime Otunga or someone botches something, why don't we hear about how the Superstars can't wrestle like we hear about how Divas can't wrestle if a couple of the women mess up moves?

It's like what Claire Boothe Luce said; "Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes."

Most of the sexism in the WWE comes from the fans and it sucks that most of the Divas work their asses off training and putting on matches just to hear the people they're putting on matches for treating them like crap because they're women.

Do you think people are too hard on the women of the WWE?
It has nothing to do with being sexist, hell most people call out the men who suck too like Otunga. It just sheer fact that most Diva matches suck, for every Beth and Natalya, there are 5 more Bella twins and Eves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.