Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge fan of the divas division as some may know, but last night had me confused. If the WWE are trying to build a championship feud between Natalya and Melina, what the hell was the point of last night?!? I was expecting a more interesting standoff between Melina and Natalya but instead we got a quick match with Melina and Eve (WTF?!!?) on commentary with Melina not saying a single word and after we saw more action between Maryse and Eve after the match then we did with Natalya and Melina. I gotta ask, what is WWE trying to do with the title match build up? I am happy to see a wider range of diva feuds (Maryse/Eve thing) but with The royal rumble approaching, one would think they would have Melina actually act more like a heel and do some dialogue or something to build up to a possibly championship match at the rumble.

I donno, what do you guys think of this very low key feud between these two women where the most we have seen is some slapping (mind you that is what divas usually do in the WWE) I expected it to be a bit more interesting and a better build up to the Royal Rumble if the two are facing each other then.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
WWE hates women almost as much as it hates tag teams. I honestly can't remember the last decent women's feud on Raw. And this current feud is especially bizarre, with Eve getting a clean win over the #1 Contender, and then randomly doing commentary. If this is all building to a Fatal-Fourway match between Maryse, Melina, Nattie, and Eve, then I guess it's not so bad. But they likely won't do that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know where they are going with this but unless they allow Melina to do or say something the feud with Natalya is going to fall flat. At the very least they could have had her attack Natalya after her win. It's too bad too because there are some really talented women in the divas division. RAW needs to do something to breath some life back into their divas roster. Smackdown isn't perfect but the women are doing alright over there. At least their matches last longer and are more climactic.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I don't know where they are going with this but unless they allow Melina to do or say something the feud with Natalya is going to fall flat. At the very least they could have had her attack Natalya after her win. It's too bad too because there are some really talented women in the divas division. RAW needs to do something to breath some life back into their divas roster. Smackdown isn't perfect but the women are doing alright over there. At least their matches last longer and are more climactic.
Considering SmackDown only has 6 Divas, and only 4 of them wrestle, that's not very difficult. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Considering SmackDown only has 6 Divas, and only 4 of them wrestle, that's not very difficult. lol
LOL true but they are doing something. The divas on RAW not so much. They should have just had Maryse feud for the divas title. She's a great heel and she's being underutilized.

The idea of a fatal four way would be interesting. But they'd have to build it up a bit more.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But, even if they do that, it will suck to not have Gail involved.
oh lol don't get me started on that subject. Gail is a great wrestler and she should of had a title run a hell of a lot sooner. She has not had a championship run in the WWE in about 8 years or so and to me that is ridiculous, They had her return in a way that made it look like she was going to be Divas champion sooner then later and she has still not received the title, she has received championship matches but still has not received the title. I would love to see Gail finally receive the title.
As for Melina/Nattie/Eve/Maryse, I had the same thought of a fatal 4 way feud as well. Adding Eve to the commentary was definitely bizarre in my books when she has nothing to do with the Divas title at this time with Melina being the #1 contender.

However there is a possibility there could be a divas championship match being built up for Wrestlemania, will it involve all 4 ladies? who knows...but it would be nice if things weren't so mixed up

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nah the creative team thought it would be about time to give people a divas EC match...

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh lol don't get me started on that subject. Gail is a great wrestler and she should of had a title run a hell of a lot sooner. She has not had a championship run in the WWE in about 8 years or so and to me that is ridiculous, They had her return in a way that made it look like she was going to be Divas champion sooner then later and she has still not received the title, she has received championship matches but still has not received the title. I would love to see Gail finally receive the title.
As for Melina/Nattie/Eve/Maryse, I had the same thought of a fatal 4 way feud as well. Adding Eve to the commentary was definitely bizarre in my books when she has nothing to do with the Divas title at this time with Melina being the #1 contender.

However there is a possibility there could be a divas championship match being built up for Wrestlemania, will it involve all 4 ladies? who knows...but it would be nice if things weren't so mixed up
Yeah I can't understand why they've minimized Gail so much. If they did do a fatal four way I think she'd be a better face to add to it than Eve.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I didn't understand why Eve pushed Maryse after the match. Came off like a bitchy heel move to me. Maryse wasn't even targeting her at the time.

They need Melina and Natalya to have a bit more interaction. Stop using Eve so much since she is pretty much useless.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't understand why Eve pushed Maryse after the match. Came off like a bitchy heel move to me. Maryse wasn't even targeting her at the time.

They need Melina and Natalya to have a bit more interaction. Stop using Eve so much since she is pretty much useless.
Now now lets be fair here, Eve is not totally useless. The WWE does need someone for the freak out segment with R Truth here and there lol

As for the Bella Twins, yes that was quite weird how they had that. I definitely see a match between them at wrestlemania for the first ever Virginity Championship

·
Registered
118 Posts
dont worry. everything will be alright once awsome kong arrives.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dont worry. everything will be alright once awsome kong arrives.
not necessarily Mark, or at least not at first if the rumors are true. I have seen rumors saying Kong will be a bodyguard for Laycool to fend of Beth Phoenix, if that is true the Kong will have nothing to do with the Divas Championship at first. However they could have her go on RAW and be a new challenge for Natalya right off the bat. Who knows what WWE has in store for her. I would love to see Gail become champion first and then have a championship feud with Awesome Kong

1 - 18 of 18 Posts