Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think it is highly disrespectful the way they are taking Vickie Guerreros character? People call her fat, don't let her talk, and they've made her very annoying (i.e. she yells and screams too much), and she, mind my words, has become a whore.

But why is this disrespectful? Well, that's Eddies wife. Eddie loved her and married her. And now people call her fat and ugly and annoying. What does that say about Eddie? I think they need to stop with it and just take her off of TV. It's gone a little too far and we are making Eddie look like a fool.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
its just her character.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's her character, but it doesn't hide the fact that we are making Eddie look like shit.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
She is a heel, a fucking heat magnet in fact, I'm sure Eddie won't care, she's in the business that HE loves, earning good money to feed his family.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Yeah cause Im sure she had hissy fits when chyna was his mamacita and he was running around as latino heat... Im sure hes rolling in his grave to see his wife have so much success in the business he loved to put food on his families table...

Reactions: Von Doom

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
It's her character, but it doesn't hide the fact that we are making Eddie look like shit.
that is your own interpretation, not everyone's. Your looking into it too much.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I can't believe they have people try and put finishers on her.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
It's Eddie's wife, not Eddie himself. Yes, it's sad her legendary husband died, but she's chosen to stick with them thus far. Obviously she LOVES playing this character, so why should we find it disrespectful if she's clearly totally fine with it.

Evidence of her being fine with it? Her almost cracking up laughing when they repeatedly booed her on that RAW segment a few weeks ago. She's loving it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's Eddie's wife, not Eddie himself. Yes, it's sad her legendary husband died, but she's chosen to stick with them thus far. Obviously she LOVES playing this character, so why should we find it disrespectful if she's clearly totally fine with it.

Evidence of her being fine with it? Her almost cracking up laughing when they repeatedly booed her on that RAW segment a few weeks ago. She's loving it.
The Truth

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Putting aside the argument that portraying Vickie as OP described is an insult to Eddie (a valid point worthy of discussion), is making fun of her weight in poor taste? Does it not reenforce an unrealistic standard that feminists have been fighting against for decades?

I'm playing devil's advocate and truthfully I have zero tolerance for people who get "offended". But I do think that John Cena came off looking like an a-hole when he mocked her a couple of weeks ago. I can barely stomach the Vickie character and would like nothing more than for her to piss off but he and Lawlor still made me cringe. Cena apologized for saying "ass" and yet it's perfectly acceptable for the role model "hustle/loyalty/respect" face of the company to say "Vickie is so fat that her baby pictures were taken via satellite"? If nothing else he should apologize for being tragically unfunny.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
I don't mind the jokes; if she had a real issue with them, I'm sure it would've been discussed and taken care of backstage long ago.

Now, having to see her make out with Edge and now Dolph... eeek.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Putting aside the argument that portraying Vickie as OP described is an insult to Eddie (a valid point worthy of discussion), is making fun of her weight in poor taste? Does it not reenforce an unrealistic standard that feminists have been fighting against for decades?

I'm playing devil's advocate and truthfully I have zero tolerance for people who get "offended". But I do think that John Cena came off looking like an a-hole when he mocked her a couple of weeks ago. I can barely stomach the Vickie character and would like nothing more than for her to piss off but he and Lawlor still made me cringe. Cena apologized for saying "ass" and yet it's perfectly acceptable for the role model "hustle/loyalty/respect" face of the company to say "Vickie is so fat that her baby pictures were taken via satellite"? If nothing else he should apologize for being tragically unfunny.
I agree, while Vickie may not be in peak condition, she certainly isn't fat, and in fact looks quite normal for a 40-something woman who's had kids. What really gets me is Lawler making fat jokes when he's fatter than Vickie.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
pfffffffffffff, if Eddie were to see this he mark for his wife, cause she is doing heck of job . So im sure he is like, yeah, thats my mamacita , she will alwys be his mamacita

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Eddie would be proud of her. If she had a problem with a storyline or the jokes, she would say something and they wouldnt continue with them.

·
Registered
859 Posts
no disrespect intended - just questioning the facts here... but would Eddie actually be considered a "legend" or "legendary" if he didn't die? I mean he was only main event for a very short period of time....I'd say he's played some memorable characters and very skilled technician in the ring..and I DAM wish he was still aorund around and kicking it.

Just wondering why he is considered a legend? I suppose if he was still kickin it in 2011 he would be pretty close to legendary by now... so is that why? because he WOULD have been a legend had his career/life not been cut short

Sorry for the nonsensical wording and sentences, I'm trying to watch some puck simultaneously!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Eddie was already legendary before he came to the WW(F)E. He is very well known internationally for his time in ECW, WWE, , WCW, Mexico, etc.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
It's just her character, I'm quite sure the wrestlers respect her backstage, she has actually lost quite a bit of weight.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nope,he'd be proud. Reverse the situation,if you may...

Vickie watching from backstage her still alive and husband Eddie getting slated with heat and being named dropped like a beast. But that'd be kayfabe,they'd be doing it willingly and with passion for the business. How do you think that she'd feel?

I don't mind the jokes; if she had a real issue with them, I'm sure it would've been discussed and taken care of backstage long ago.

Now, having to see her make out with Edge and now Dolph... eeek.
Then,judging by your avy,you should thank god that Jericho hasn't got any problems getting heat,or else he'd be hunted by the COUGAR! And she likes them blonde,so that'd be a plus

·
Registered
859 Posts
Eddie was already legendary before he came to the WW(F)E. He is very well known internationally for his time in ECW, WWE, , WCW, Mexico, etc.

kk, ya I kind of got that sense from jericho's book. I knew about WCW prior to reading the book but he was a star in mexico...ut so were many others who aren't considered 'legendary'..... But yea I guess I was just looking at it from a purely WCW/WWE point of view... which is what really matters to me...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts