Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Not sure if it's been linked here but Kevin Owen's tweet.

He's right.
I can pretty much garentee if I went on the streets and ask 100 ppl do they know Disco Inferno and Kevin Owens/Steen more ppl would know disco. I think Tyler Breeze is a talented fellow, bUT his gimmick is trash. Dalton Castle does it soooooo much better.
If they do remember him, theyd say that guy sucked.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Just to clarify - PEDs in wrestling aren't PEDs. It isn't a legit competition. Everyone used to use them and I guarantee at least 85% of their current roster uses them, even the ones who deny it endlessly like Cena. HHH himself is a huge roid monster, and while he didn't quite condone their use he has said in the past that they're no big deal.

Steroids aren't the incarnation of evil or something. If you're in a line of work like professional wrestling, roids are like a tool of the trade. It's only the guys who massively abuse them that start having issues.

Disco makes comments like that because he's from an era that didn't try to hide what professional wrestling actually is.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I like NXT. Overrated lol ok... Its underrated and i like it that way because lets say it got to the point of popularity like raw, it would go down the crapper and won't be so special anymore.

·
Registered
642 Posts
NXT is great. It has reached almost religion status for some ppl now and that is kinda weird and it is overrated for them

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
I think Chris Hero said something in a shoot interview post being released about how WWE was fine spending money on 100 people in the PC, because 1 of those 100 people could become a star and earn them all those money back.

So yeah, NXT is made to lose money so that the wrestlers there can be potential stars and earn all those money back later on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
He's right. It's incredibly overrated and overblown. And he's right about why their Brooklyn show sold out. I'm actually shocked at how right he is. It's fucking Disco Inferno.
He actually makes a lot of sense about the brooklyn show sell out, they dont draw near that in a stand alone enviromnent

·
Registered
22,262 Posts
The only difference is Vince isn't attached to the show and its 1-2 hours shorter than Smackdown and Raw.

NXT is still dominated by the same white meat bland babyface people claim to hate so much on the main roster.

The match quality is better on the main roster. And now that the majority of their women's roster got that promotion NXTs Women's division is meh.

That being said NXT is still a fun hour every week and even more fun for most specials. A product can be flawed and still be highly enjoyable.

·
Banned
571 Posts
NXT is just a developmental league. Most of the NXT talent is piss-poor, and should not be on TV, but then again, the indy talent pool they draw from is weak as fuck.

The look is important. PED's should be used provided use is monitored by doctors.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
NXT is just a developmental league. Most of the NXT talent is piss-poor, and should not be on TV, but then again, the indy talent pool they draw from is weak as fuck.

The look is important. PED's should be used provided use is monitored by doctors.
Lol at people shit talking Disco for being a midcarder,as if that has any relevancy to the comments he made. He was more over than 95% of the geeks WWE has on right now.
He was more over than 95% of the geeks WWE has on right now.
And Disco was one of the weak links of his era.

That shows how badly standards have dropped.
I agree I was looking at Sammi Zyan and he looks like a 90s jobber.
I agree I was looking at Sammi Zyan and he looks like a 90s jobber.
Nah

Even jobbers in the 90's had more physical presence.
I think those who disagree with Disco were ready to disagree before they even read what he said. I see nothing wrong with what he said, and I actually agree with him.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts