Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be honest. I thought he wouldn't last at all. He didn't appear to be a good wrestler or have good promo skills.

It's disturbing how much the wrong gimmick can prevent a wrestler becoming a success.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Re: Did you see potential in GlenJacobs - Isaac Yankem/Fake Diesel before he became K

You pretty much said everything word from word that I was going to say.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
Re: Did you see potential in GlenJacobs - Isaac Yankem/Fake Diesel before he became K

I was like 5 years old...

Now that I'm older I think I've seen 1 match from Glen Jacobs that he didn't wrestle as Kane.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

^ya, the only match i've seen as him not kane was on vintage collections.

Though its still funny how they called undertaker, kane the undertaker then suddenly stopped and used kane as takers brother, which makes me wonder if jacobs didn't end up being kane, would wwe have ever thought of having a takers brother storyline, if so then who might have been kane?

Though the 90s did prove that wrong gimmicks can ruin guys. Like how kane didn't work that great before he was kane, how rock wasn't really that popular when he was rocky miavia, hhh wasn't great when he was the french guy(or w/e it was that he was). Yet in todays wwe, if a gimmick doesn't work, you're fired.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

You mean like how Kevin Nash was Oz and Vinnie Vegas before he became Diesel?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts

I was like 5 years old...

Now that I'm older I think I've seen 1 match from Glen Jacobs that he didn't wrestle as Kane.
Bruiser Mastino vs. Sting amirite?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Yankem was a stupid ass gimmick... so no

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts

its true, with a bad gimmick, very few can be great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts