Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Souls releases tomorrow in Japan, and according to Japanese blog Esuteru, gamers with an early copy are in for a surprise.

In order to punish those who have the game early, From Software will take advantage of a feature that allows players to move into other worlds. The publisher has sent max-level Black Phantoms into the worlds of early gamers, confronting them with an enemy that's impossible to beat.

As shown in the photo, the Phantoms are level 145, with 1900 HP and every stat set to the maximum of 99. There's no word on if the enemies will be removed upon the game's official release.

Dark Souls will release in North America on October 4.

Thanks to Esuteru (via EDGE).
Source:IGN

8*D That's epic. More game developers should do things like this,no offense to video game pirates though.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
It's pretty cool but this stuff is nothing new. I guarantee you there's probably a fix for that up now. A common one developers normally put in is that you can't save your game, yet these things are always fixed by cracking teams within hours.

It's just a developers way of trying to screw over the pirate because they know their game is always going to be cracked.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty cool but this stuff is nothing new. I guarantee you there's probably a fix for that up now. A common one developers normally put in is that you can't save your game, yet these things are always fixed by cracking teams within hours.

It's just a developers way of trying to screw over the pirate because they know their game is always going to be cracked.
Really? How long has this been going on? I heard something similar happened with Arkham Asylum.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Years in all honesty. Yeah I had the Arkham Asylum one myself, it made the cape behave really funny, like it would keep opening and shutting really fast. It was fixed soon after though.

Another example is the Michael Jackson game for 3DS (which Nintendo claimed was impossible to hack, derp). If you had a pirated copy, every song you loaded was just instead blasted out with vuvuzela's.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I'm willing to bet someone will have a video up of them defeating the Black Phantoms soon.

It's cool to see this though. I wish more games fought piracy.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
In Arkham Asylum on the PC, Batman could not jump because of a security lock in the pirated version.

The funniest part is when someone first complained about it on the official forums for the game, and an admin embarassed him by announcing that happens in pirated copies

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Never had any problems with my pirated BAA. It crashed every 30 minutes though. Was often to lazy to fix that problem.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
What a nice way to alienate people who were just lucky enough to snag a legit, early copy. Stupid thing to do.
That's what I was thinking...

I also wonder how the hell a game like B:AA would put stuff in a pirated game that makes it unplayable? Like, what technology would they use and how would they know people are playing pirated disks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts