1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
What twat wouldn't like The Mountie?

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,871 Posts
Loved the Mountie. Jacques Rougeau Jr. belongs in the HOF. I wish Arrogantly Grateful didn't fall off the face of the Earth and leave the boards. He'd bombard the next six pages of this thread with Mountie love.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Oh yes. Very funny. The bits where he lost to Bossman in the Jailhouse match and had to spend the night in jail...my God! Those skits are still some of the funniest things the WWE has ever done. That was the ultimate payback to a great heel.

Unfortunately, he never really found any traction again after that happened.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh yes. Very funny. The bits where he lost to Bossman in the Jailhouse match and had to spend the night in jail...my God! Those skits are still some of the funniest things the WWE has ever done. That was the ultimate payback to a great heel.

That was awesome back in the day watching them drag him through booking and fingerprint, even locking him up with a cellmate who wanted to get a little too touchy feely lol.....I remember it vividly because I was marking out huge since it was my first PPV we got to watch by ourselves (my mom dropped me off at my older cousin's and left with his mom)...As a kid seeing the bad guy get dragged off to jail kicking and screaming, it just didn't get any better lol

60,006 Posts

Those were great! Even though he may not have gotten his man, his man may have gotten him in the end. ;)

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
"YOU WANT THE FINGER? THERE'S THE FINGER!"

One of the most hilarious segments I've ever seen. Jacques Rougeau should've gotten a part in a comedy movie just for that performance. Comedy gold.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mountie was AWESOME. His mannerisms were so over the top, just what this 10 year old kid at the time enjoyed.

He had this self satisfaction that you couldn't help but laugh at. I can't remember what my favourite memory was but one of them was when he said he would not wrestle Lex Luger until the steel plate in his foreharm was removed.

·
The discussion threads are back....but I stopped w
725 Posts
I HATED the Mountie!

...but I was 8 and I was supposed to hate him. Now that I'm older and I realize that I hated him so much because he was just that damn good at what he did. One of the best heels ever.

Reactions: oldwrestlingnerd

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Loved his character. Just watched the Summerslam 91 match recently, the jailhouse scenes are still hilarious. Did he like leather?:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I love Jacques Rougeau, he is truly one of the great underused talents of pro wrestling. His cocky heel manerism are so over the top, but stil great. His promos are usually gold, epsecially from his Mountie and Quebece-days.

Also his entrance themes as part of the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers are perhaps one of the top 5 of the greatest entrance themes ever. Sadly he only got three days as IC champ.

Both tag teams he was in during his WWF stint are severly under credited IMO.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
He was a great heel, because I hated him so much as a kid. One of those guys who really was an arrogant dick, you wanted to punch yourself!

When I got older I realized how good he was!

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I dug the Mountie, his action figure was good as well. Those were such great days to be a child fan of pro-wrestling, all the characters were perfect for children to understand and collect all their different action figures.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Jacques was always very entertaining as the Mountie. You genuinely got to believe he was a threat with the shock stick in hand (for the record, is such a weapon standard R.C.M.P. issued?), plus he was always amusing (of course his booking and jailing routine after losing the jailhouse match; I always did love at WrestleMania VIII as well when he climbed the ropes and bellowed, "IIIIIIIII AAMMMMM DA MOOOUUNNNTIIIIIEEEE!!!!" at the top of his lungs....then jumped square into the Boss Man's arms to be slammed).

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
I was really young when The Mountie was around. All I remember was being scared of him.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I had his action figure, so that would be a yes.

Actually, more like a Yes! Yes! Yes!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.