Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of Austin's greatest feuds. I've been really free the last few days so I've been watching these matches a lot and i was wondering what people liked the most.

Austin/Rock had three great matches but Austin/HHH had one absolute classic but their others matches are really nothing special.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Only Punk marks/Rock haters will say Austin HHH was a better rivalry.

Any sensible fan will say Rock HHH was better than both of them

Rock HHH
Rock Austin
Austin HHH

In that order

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Rock/Austin in 99 as a "hate feud" was better than Austin/HHH in 00-01 even though the build up to NWO01 was great. Rock/Austin in 99 was an all time memorable moment after an all time memorable moment every week. and the build up to WM17 is the best build up in wrestling history IMO, the Debra part was unnecessary but that match was so big and the hype was so big that they made it the best, especially in this one:
In the ring? it's not a contest, Austin/Hunter had just one great match, Rock/Austin had plenty of classic matches including a match that considered by many, the greatest of all time.
Austin/HHH was a great rivalry, but The Rock vs Stone Cold is the most iconic thing the wrestling business has ever seen, and probably will never see anything close again.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I personally thought that The Rock and HHH had the best rivalry of the three.

Austin / Rock is considered the best because they were two of the best of all time, but when I was younger I remember that I legitimately thought The Rock and HHH had a RL problem with each other. I really enjoyed their feuds.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Has to be Austin vs Rock. These two were neck and neck competing for the top spot in the company for quite some time. During the most lucrative era in wrestling history. Their interactions made for great television and entertained both casual and hardcore wrestling fans.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Austin/Rock is more iconic.
Austin/HHH had the single best match.
Rock/Austin had the better series of matches.
Austin/HHH had the better feud.
Rock/HHH is better than both lol.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Agreed, it's a arguable point between those two...
Which funnily enough mirrors how popular WWE is at that point in time.
Hogan and Andre = the two guys from the 80s boom -> Austin and Rock = the guys from the 90s boom. The two most popular eras in WWE history = involve the 2 biggest rivalries, star power wise in history.
Go down the totem pole, we have Bret v. Shawn, Orton v. Punk. It all mirrors itself.

Little to no relevance but just like to throw that in :)

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Rock/Austin was more iconic .. it's like Ali and Frasier at the time

but Rock/HHH had the better rivalry , simply because they feuded in every point of their careers , from 1996 to 2002 .. this feud never had a pause (well except for that one month where they were both in the corporation) , hell these two faced each other at probably 13 or 15 PPVs , aside from the other matches were they faced each other on Raw or SD

see the austin/rock feud was always played as they share respect , but with rock/hhh it was about bitterness and hate , it was played as if they wanted to kill one another

plus rock had the better matches with trips , it's not surprising seen as the two worked together more than 200 matches in their run

·
Registered
240 Posts
Austin/HHH is the better rivalry out of the two purely for how long it has been going on for. Without it I don't think I would have stayed watching the WWE shows as much as I have.

The way you can tell that their rivarly is about hate and anger just fuels the matches, giving them the feel that they are out to rip each other limb from limb, or until one of their careers is ended.

Speaking of Austin/HHH I think I may have to watch some of their matches again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rock/HHH is the better rivalry out of the two purely for how long it has been going on for. Without it I don't think I would have stayed watching the WWE shows as much as I have.

The way you can tell that their rivarly is about hate and anger just fuels the matches, giving them the feel that they are out to rip each other limb from limb, or until one of their careers is ended.

Speaking of Rock/HHH I think I may have to watch some of their matches again.
fixed*

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Of the two that were originally posted i would go with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock as the better feud of the two, it is arguable to be the greatest on screen rivalry in wrestling history. I made a thread a while ago that resurfaced a couple of weeks ago in which i asked if Stone Cold Steve Austin against Triple H should have main evented WrestleMania 17 as from a few weeks before The Royal Rumble through to No Way Out their feud was white hot and i believe it should have done seeing as WWE knew The Rock was going to be gone for a few months.

That being said though the feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock was one that began in 1997 over the Intercontinental title and carried over into early 1998 before restarting again in late 1998 as a side feud to go with Austin/McMahon and Rock/Foley. In 1999 they had what i consider to be the best feud they ever had going into WrestleMania 15 through Backlash and then later in the year they were involved again going into Survivor Series before Stone Cold Steve Austin had to take nearly a year off because of injury.

I remember saying a few years ago on here that WWE really dropped the ball on the feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H in 2000 and it wasn't until the weeks leading into The Royal Rumble that it really caught fire which is why i believed WWE should have gone with Austin/Triple H as the main event of WrestleMania 17 and seeing how things turned out it would have been a better option. The best of all though was The Rock and Triple H which really was a multi year rivalry that began in 1997 through to 1998 over the Intercontinental title before restarting in mid 1999 through to mid 2000 in the main event scene and of the series of matches between all of them Rock/Triple H had the best series.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I liked Rock/HHH best as it pertained to Rocks main rivaly. I liked Austin/Rock best as it pertained to Austins main rivalry. I liked HHH/Austin best as it pertained to HHHs main rivalry.

It isma shame that we never got a triple threat out of them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts